1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chris Paul potentially out for WCF

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by csc177, Jun 16, 2021.

1. intergalactic

intergalactic Contributing Member

Learning and understanding are good, yet the covid clock ticks. More and more evidence is coming out that getting covid without vaccination, even for young people, has a significant chance of long-term side effects like loss of smell, chronic fatigue, etc. So if you are still thinking it through, it helps to ponder what level of evidence would convince you to get vaccinated. Then you can make a choice when the data meet that threshold.

2. TimDuncanDonaut

Shouldn't this be in the Dish?

*runs away in case CP3 fans with tomatoes*

Easy and clos4life like this.
  3. DonatelloLimestone

I agree with you, the endgoal is the same. I just think this is more of an effective way to actually deal with human personalities rather than the see saw effect of a straight bullying sort of, take it or yourre a conspiracy anti vaxxxer asap. Who does that work on? Would it work on you or any of us for anything different that you had questions bout. I get the urgency, but the human nature element and i think theres an arrogance of people who just write it off and more harmful than that its ineffective nad may and will turn off people who are possible to take it.

intergalactic likes this.
  4. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

It is our place to judge if he didn't get vaccinated. If he's a big boi to not get his shots, then he should get twice the **** when he's not playing the most important series of his career which he could've easily prevented.

Not our place to judge...Tell all the Suns fans that :rolleyes:

If you do stupid things while pounding your chest that you're "an adult", then you get called out for it when it blows up in your face.

It's called taking responsibility after not being responsible in the first place.

juanm34 likes this.
  5. YOLO

YOLO Member

actually it isn't your place to judge. It's a personal choice.

btw cp3 is vaccinated as it's been posted on several occasions and reported

clos4life likes this.
  6. clos4life

clos4life Member

Too many people around here trying to force others to do things against their will. What are we trying to be, Communist China? I'm glad we have the freedom to do what we want with our bodies, as it should be.

Also, this should be in the D&D.

ApacheWarrior and Plowman like this.
  7. PhiSlammaJamma

Finals Destination.

8. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

How do you blanace individual freedom and the freedom from harm from others' poor decisions that effect the community?

It's not as simple as it seems.

A good example of this is the individual corporation's freedom to produce what they want at any expense but what about the freedom of an individual with asthma to not get asthma attacks due to the output of those corporations when they breath the air?

saleem likes this.
  9. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

[​IMG]
    you could make slippery slope arguments like this for everything. Might as well make texting illegal bc people text, drive, and kill people. We should also ban alcohol bc it’s super harmful to the human body.

better yet, we could put safety harnesses on toilet seats and have TSA do safety checks to make sure nobody gets their intestines sucked out

[​IMG]

10. fchowd0311

Texting and driving is illegal though I'm pretty sure in all states and you definitely shouldn't do it. The illegality of it prevents most people from doing it at least often due to the risk of traffic violation tickets that are time consuming and expensive especially for the average working class American. So it seems like a successful statute that reduces the the rate at which is happens relative to if such a law wasn't in place.

There is no nuance to your argument. It's either one extreme or the other. There is a balance. Just because I agree that rights are more complex than "I can do whatever I want" doesn't mean I think the TSA is useful other than just merely being a show of force entity that attempts to deter rather than actually genuinely catch people.

11. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

So people saying CP3 is un vaxxed? I think CP3 isn't vaccinated because he is taking the same drugs as Lebron.

12. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

So you ****ers are blaming him for getting COVID? But continue to make excuse after excuse for harden LOL

mastan likes this.
  13. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

If he didn't vaccinate he is a MORON!

I mean, measles, polio, how many others that folks have vaccinated against the BULLSHIT freedom argument and the IGNORANT Anti-Vax movement is like listening to the DUMBASSES in High School that could barely pass biology.

You don't vac.....you are part of the dumbing down of this country....and CP3 let his team down......if that is the case.

DD

TEXNIFICENT likes this.
  14. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

15. DonatelloLimestone

Similar to the drug laws, the illegality doesn't always dissuade but it does create issues between policing, incentives of policing like small tickets and take away resources from persecuting actual crime. On the other side it may very well constrain average working class with fess, court appearances, preptually one upping each other. Just like the drug laws, its not totally effective to eliminate some of these human mistakes.

I suppose its more like driving on the wrong side of the road. Its not in the constitution, but most people would agree it should be illegal because of the immediate and direct risk o harming others.

as for your corporations doing what they want example, i think thats more of a product of their access and influence in allowing to adjust bills, amendments and make it all skew to their favor. Absolutely that is soething we should atleast investigate when they polute and hrut public health socializing the cost, privatizing the profts

16. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

This is the million dollar question. This is why even libertarianism has The Harm Principle. (Though many Libertarians tend to think it means anarchy).

Early on I was in favor of measures to reduce the spread. Once vaccines became available I'm in favor of natural selection.

peleincubus likes this.
  17. clos4life

clos4life Member

For Covid it is extremely simple: if worried wear a mask, social distance and isolate when possible, and choose to vaccinate. If not worried feel free not to do so and suffer consequences if you catch it.

Corporation pollution is not the same.

18. clos4life

clos4life Member

I'm not going to discuss this anymore in this thread, pollution is completely different from a viral outbreak. If you like Chinese communism over individual freedom live in China where they can drag you out of your house and kill your baby through forced abortion.

Anyways, D&D for further discussion, not the DISH.

19. fchowd0311

You don't really have a fleshed out argument if all you have is beating up absurd strawmen.

20. clos4life

clos4life Member

Ready to discuss CP3 and the WCF. Otherwise, D&D.