1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[EC Semifinals] (2)Brooklyn vs. (3)Milwaukee

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., Jun 4, 2021.

?

Nets vs. Bucks

Poll closed Jun 5, 2021.
  1. Nets in 4

6.6%
  2. Nets in 5

9.2%
  3. Nets in 6

51.3%
  4. Nets in 7

13.2%
  5. Bucks in 7

7.9%
  6. Bucks in 6

10.5%
  7. Bucks in 5

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Bucks in 4

1.3%
  1. YOLO

YOLO Member

the post clearly said game 7

So i posted harden dropped 31 in a game 7 win to go to the wcf. that's all that matters. And like I said someway somehow it wouldn't apply. so I already knew it was coming

Nick_713, jiggyfly and hakeem94 like this.
  2. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I think that includes a 45 point effort against the Warriors, when the Rockets were down 0-3 in the series. He avoided the sweep, but people aren't going to remember that like they might remember a similar effort (even in a loss) in say a game 6 or game 7.

D-rock likes this.
  3. rpr52121

rpr52121 Sober Fan
    Supporting Member

Bucks were also a very good 3 point shooting team during the regular season but underacheiving that right now. They are as likely to bounce back and hit 15-20 3 pts at 40% clip as the Nets.

The issue is that both teams have tightened up their rotation so that everyone is playing way more minutes that grueling and super high stress. It is more likely both teams miss their 3's due to dead legs and stressing in the moment.

4. ksny15

ksny15 Member

112/81 free throw descrepency for the series. If the Greak guy can just continue to put his head down and barrel into defenders with Kyrie out and Harden gimpy Milwaukee is winning game 7.

5. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

Game 7 is going to be crazy. I've no clue who is going to win, which makes it so much more fun!

Obviously Durant and Giannis will be the two main factors.

Durant is avg - 33 points 11 rebs 5 ast - on 59% TS

Giannis is avg - 30 points 13 rebs 3 ast - on 58% TS

Khris Middleton had a monster game last night and is putting up 24 point 8 rebs on 54% TS for the series. However he's been the incredibly inconsistent. Middleton has had 2 terrible games under -5 GmSc, two games with league average performance (around 15 GmSc) and two good to great performances ( 23 GmSc 39 GmSc) Terrible, average or great... which Middleton will show up for game 7 will decide the series IMO.

X-factors are Jrue 15/5/6 on 46% TS or Joe Harris 9/3/1 46% TS . Both have had a horrendous series in terms of shooting or scoring.

Last but not least is Harden and Green. Harden i thought move better in game 6 and obviously shot better. Green shot and played amazingly in game 5 and regressed to the mean in game 6. Like a Bucks victory counting on a good game from Middleton, a Nets victory will need one of these two to have a good game. Harden or Green don't need to be 100% healthy, but one of them better be locked in from three in game 7.

6. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

harden has been healthier than durant in his entire career and that goes for this year as well, he injured himself playing without injured durant (who missed half the year) leading the team to hc and no 1 seed

Jontro and D-rock like this.
  7. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

How the hell has Harden struggled mightily yet Russ has played well according to these stats?

Russ also had Durant and Harden and PG for a lot of those games.

It seems that shooting percentage is the only stat that matters when judging if you played poorly?

At least when concerning Harden.

hakeem94 and D-rock like this.
  8. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

Whoever posted that on reddit clearly don't understand the definition of playing well. If those numbers are accurate, both played very poorly. While WB has a higher volume his % is even worst than Hardens and Im guessing his overall TS% is lower, though both are probably well under the league average.

TS% along with volume is what matters. Scoring a lot of points is good. Scoring a lot of points but requiring a ton of possessions to do so is bad. The better or worst you perform versus the league avg TS% the better or worst your performance.

malakas and D-rock like this.
  9. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I don't necessarily agree with this, depends on the makeup of the team and the coaching philosophy.

There is more that goes into how a guy played than TS%.

D-rock likes this.
  10. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

This.

If Harden drops a nice statline tonight, with the Nets winning, while playing on one leg, if the Nets win the championship, it will be remembered. I hate it, but it's reality.

hakeem94, roslolian and D-rock like this.
  11. roslolian

roslolian Member

You are saying Harden injury is not due to overuse but then you are asking who was supposed to play? I guess ghosts were playing in Brklyn during the regular season right, since Harden wasnt playing much but nobody else could play. Keep contradicting yourself bud lmao. If you look at my posts at the start of this thread I already said Dumbtoni gonna run Brklyn to the ground during the regular season welp look at what happened now right its just a freak accident of injuries nvm it always happens to Dumbtoni teams, PHX, Houston and now Brooklyn yep all just a coincidence. It's all Steve Nash, Harden and KD's fault for being so brittle man that's all we can say right?

Also sure, Bud tightened the rotation but he can afford to do that cuz Bucks star Giannis isnt coming off a major injury and also he has played a bigger rotation at the start of the series.

#2691 roslolian, Jun 18, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2021
    hakeem94 likes this.
  12. seemoreroyals

seemoreroyals Member

That is also going to require the refs to swallow their whistles. It seems at least half the time he puts his head down and barrels into defenders he should be called for offensive fouls. Seem like he gets away with it more than he should.

pippendagimp likes this.
  13. PhiSlammaJamma

Harden has to get to the line. If he does, I don't see how the Bucks win. This game is on him. Easy points and Durant. Game over.

hakeem94 likes this.
  14. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

There's definitely more than TS%, defense, energy, hustle, passing and other intangibles are important when evaluating a player's performance. But when it comes to simply evaluating how well a star player plays on offense, TS% in conjunction with volume is the MOST important. How many possessions a player use to score 30 points directly impacts a team winning or losing. Possessions are finite. Player A on one team taking 30 shots to score 30 points is going to be worst in comparison to Player B taking 20 shots to score 30 points for the other team. No coaching philosophy or team make up is going to change that fact.

Teams usually have around 100 possessions per game. A team scoring 100 points with those possessions is going to be bad IF every other team in the league is avg 110 per 100 possession.

Simply put. Missing shots, wasting possessions is bad no matter the philosophy or roster. The more you miss the worst it is. That's pretty undeniable.

malakas and hakeem94 like this.
  15. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I agree but we were not just discussing offense and nobody talks about his assist or what would happen if he did not take those shots.

Simply put you have to look at the entire picture when discussing how he has played in elimination games.

16. Jwise44

Jwise44 Member

Girl I’m talking to got tickets to the game tomorrow night. So I’m going!!

London'sBurning and rpr52121 like this.
  17. PhiSlammaJamma

Wouldn't have picked the Bucks to win the title in a million years, but they are now literally one game away from kicking that door down in their first season with the big contract. The door is wide the f' open. They may never have another chance, but this one game puts it all on the table.

18. HP3

HP3 Member

Dude, im talking about the playoff games. Do you know how long James was gone for and how much time he had off, it was not freaking overruse. Do you not know anything? Harden was not being overused. There were a ton of injuries this year and they werent from "overuse" Lebron's ankle injury being one of them. Lmao, you dont even examine the context of Dantoni's teams before the stupid things you say do you? You make completely horrible arguments based on narratives and not on facts.

He had a bigger And he lost that way. He's coahced an awful series. And he would have been beaten in 5 had Kyrie not injured himself and that was not overruse before you say something stupid. Neither was Kyrie and Harden was injured at the start of the series. So give me a break. This is the playoffs, your starts are gonna play big minutes.

Honestly you make the worse arguments when it comes to Dantoni or Chris Paul, you just have an inability to be logical.

19. rpr52121

rpr52121 Sober Fan
    Supporting Member

If CP3 can play and Suns make the Finals, I think they would be favored over Milwaukee.

20. rpr52121

rpr52121 Sober Fan
    Supporting Member

Man they are too expensive for me. Lucky you.

Jwise44 likes this.