1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chris Paul potentially out for WCF

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by csc177, Jun 16, 2021.

1. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

What is a shot going to do? It sure doesn't stop "Covid".

tycoonchip, hakeem94 and Lurch like this.
  2. Lurch

Lurch Live Wilder.

hakeem94 and coachbadlee like this.
  3. Coach AI

Coach AI Contributing Member

antivax dumbasses aside, if Paul was vaccinated that really is the worst damn luck. I would feel bad for the dude.

4. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I just can't see how you don't vax when you're around 15-20 other sweaty dudes in a stuffy locker room then play against visiting sweaty dudes indoors for a few hours. It's not like last year didn't exist.

But we don't know if he was vaxxed or not.

There's still a 10% chance you'll get infected after vax, and that's among the better brands.

5. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Lol, no, us 'provaxxers" ( actually the majority of adults and the vast majority of educated ones) write off antivax 5G microchip morons like you as beyond/not worth wasting time with and focus on people who don't have enough information to go down the clown rabbit hole of online videos that form the basis of your edgelordship

Honestly life was better when you idiots focused on chemtrails

6. Newlin

Newlin Member

Maybe it’s a new strain. The “CP3”

Things you don’t want to be named for.

hakeem94 likes this.
  7. Lurch

Lurch Live Wilder.

Haha when did I ever say anything about any microchip? You’re proving my point. You’re just discrediting anything that goes against your belief as a conspiracy without providing any context or anything of any value.

That does nothing to prove your point or that you’re more “educated” than anyone that believes differently than you. You have no knowledge of vaccines or how they work and that’s pretty obvious. Making uneducated blanket statements like that make you look pretty childish.

hakeem94 likes this.
  8. hakeemthagreat

The nba in a nutshell. I'm starting to think we've been watching one big reality show

9. DonatelloLimestone

I just wouldn't deduce it to a binary option. Partuclarly the new tech RDNA. We obviously know that it was rushed a release because we are in crazy circumstances learning about something new that spreads like wildfire so there is a lot of guess work and questions. People who see Fauci as badly intentioned don't get that science is fluid and with more data science adapts its hypothesis as it did with masks and the such.

While there are some of the 5g or everything and government wants to control you type, there are reasonable people who want to know more about this. Who wish there was long term data, I personally know people who had terrible side effects bc of underlying causes which they didn't even know of because they rushed into get em. In any case, its not as clear as black and white. We know we need ammunition and consolidation of people who are immune or vaccinated to handle this, we also know that this isn't some US govt conspiracy, places all around the entire world who have nothing to do with US policy are shut down and overwhelmed. Places like China etc, Defiant places like India and Brazil are catching the wave.

Likewise there are questions with 5g, heck as there are with wifior cell phones. That doesn't mean its the judgement day on it. Everyhting has pro and cons and technology will always push forward and there are costs to efficiency of it. IT doesn't mean govt and aliens are rewirign your heads, but without long term studies why talk down to any of them. And its feuedl by a history of it. In 70s Doctors recommended different cigarette brands, bc fo course 'it wasn't shown to be unhealthy' until it was. Sugar was sidetracked as a culprit of much disease in the name of fat, you can go look up who the head of that was at harvard and the us government to see where the funding came. Not sure if NYT is a conspiracy source in your eyeshttps://www.nytimes.com/2016/09/13/well/eat/how-the-sugar-industry-shifted-blame-to-fat.html

I don't think its anti vaxxxer to ask questions and that sort of dogma probably silences some people with sincere questiosn on the fence that aren't loud and proud twitter warriors being Pro or for something, but just want more answers ,more risks, and then can make an educated difference. Its like those people who say why not reschedule child vaccines eespecialyl for something like hep B, and then are called anti vaxxers as itf its some dogma, even doctors who are open to it are called that.

I'm not disagreeing with you, I do feel a lot of people in the middle or just with sincere questions are being deduced now to some twitter pro or anti vaxx and its just harmful to the cause at this point

Mr Chuck Norris and Lurch like this.
  10. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

WCF won’t start until Sunday or maybe Tuesday if LAC/UTAH goes to 7.

today is Wednesday, day 1 of protocols. I wonder if he can a negative test by Saturday to allow him to play soon.

I guess there was no protocol for having been vaccinated but also testing positive.

the NBA announced ONE positive COVID test this week, after it was announced that CP entered the protocol.

coachbadlee and Lurch like this.
  11. intergalactic

intergalactic Contributing Member

This is reasonable to ask questions, though at the same time 100 million people have now been vaccinated in the US. That is a lot of data to consider..

12. DonatelloLimestone

I agree, the data continues to add up. And they are finding some instances of worry and generally seems safe but at the same time the typical long term studies are no there ,much has been rushed. I'd rather speak to the pros and cons, the compromises, and the context of why of all this than shouting down anyone as an anti vaxxxer and thus i think silencing or pushing people to the sid who otherwise just want more engagement adn answers. This is all so unprecedented when I see people throw on labels like that for soething that needs an arms race of people to work appropriately I think they are at times doing more harm than good yet its the nature with the current twitter/binary media option. I just don't think its effecctive and shouting it down just puts people and their doubts in the shadows has them look to less confirmed sources rather than a sincere engagement of both teh pros cons the things that aren't full clear and answered and why it could or couldnt be the right solution.
    Similar to the business closures yet some large ones remaining. ITs ok to ask for why these decisiosn are made, why there are loop holes and the answer is there is just a lot of guess work adn compromise and when that aaffects livelihood there should be more debate

13. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Dang lol

14. intergalactic

intergalactic Contributing Member

There is a lot more data and science now than even just a few months ago. The websites for the CDC and most medical centers, including in Houston, have info about vaccines wrt quite a few health conditions.

15. DonatelloLimestone

Absolutely, the data is on going, but its nothing what i standard in terms of long terms studies. My point is its ok to discuss and enteratain these questions both anserewedd an still up to answer rather than who ever shouts down a quesiton with "anti vaxxer qanon". Many people are learning as you said its still going on now and recent. All types of demographics can't translate that. i guess some will never ,but now theres no dialogue even before people are quick to call someone a conspiracy theorist

16. Magicsaint

Magicsaint Member

CP3 is vaccinated as per reports. But vaccinated people can still carry the virus and test positive without screwing their own health. I think we should see CP3 play at some point in WC finals and for certain if Jazz/Clippers will go to game 7. If vaccinated people are allowed to roam around without a mask then I do not see the issue with CP3 playing if the rest of the NBA players and other attendants are all vaccinated. Too bad for the ones that did not want to get vaccinated.

tycoonchip likes this.
  17. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

This is is correct. The vaccine is just supposed to help people from the severe symptoms. Anyone can still catch it and spread it.
    He's a grown @$s man that can make his own decisions of whether or not he wants to take the vaccine. Not our place to judge.
    The thing is not everyone playing right now or in the stadium or working the games might be vaccinated.
    So it is what it is and people just have to live with the consequences of their decisions. Whether it be to get vaccinated or not or go to a strip club til dawn. It's their own prerogative.

coachbadlee likes this.
  18. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

Youre right that there’s a very small chance of catching it after vaccination but, more importantly, once vaccinated there’s almost no chance of dying or becoming seriously ill from it.

The danger is that it can still be carried, often asymptomatically so undetected, and kill those that are too stupid or too crazy to get the vaccine themselves. Unvaccinated people are also at risk of infecting people in high risk categories, some of whom are actually too ill or frail to receive the vaccine themselves.

Once again, it’s not a personal choice if you’re putting others at serious risk. My personal choice might be to drive drunk but we have laws against that for the same reasons. Anti-vaxxers are not just expressing their personal liberties; they are taking away the liberties (and lives) of others.

But nobody that believes that Trump won the election he lost will listen to reason about the pandemic. Somehow it’s simultaneously China’s fault and it also doesn’t exist because it’s a hoax.

Speaking of which, maybe when the season’s over Tilman should announce that the Rockets won it all and begin a stop the steal campaign of his own. It’s not like things like facts or numbers matter anymore, so why not declare that the Rockets beat everyone in a landslide? If my final score is different from yours, yours is just fake news. This country has lost its damn mind. And that’s why Paul’s being held out. We could and should have been beyond covid protocols by now.

19. Magicsaint

Magicsaint Member

Absolutely. To chime in further, sure it is a personal right to get vaccinated or not. But an organization is bigger than one person's right when it comes to the safety of their people and the success of their business. If the person wants to retain the job then simply said he/she needs to do what is best for the organization rather than the other way around. Most people often forget this concept when they feel entitled. All these anti-vaxrs trying to protest as if they are doctors and know their science. Not saying blindly follow science but social harmony requires trusting the process to a certain level. The government and scientific community are not a bunch of idiots to give vaccines to people if it was that harmful.

20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Trump was a great reality show man.

The Presidential Cocktail mix.

kidding.