1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[My New Book is Out] Billie Someday: the Greatest Of All Time

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by don grahamleone, Jun 17, 2021.

1. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

I received my copyright during Covid and decided to shop my book around with local publishers and my publisher Greenleaf took it (they're based in Austin)! I have to thank @Os Trigonum for that advice (he told me to seek out publishers and book agents locally).

Anyway they were great to work with, the book looks great in my opinion and feels highly professional in your hands. The audience is 5th, 6th and 7th graders and it really is aimed at your daughters, nieces and young women you might know. If you're interested you can find it here on Amazon or if you go to a Barnes & Noble you can request it there as well:

https://tinyurl.com/23zxk66c

Here's the "about" on the back cover:
    A thrilling and charming middle-grade novel about a brave and determined little farm goat who dreams of scaling the nearby Matterhorn mountain and becoming the greatest of all time. Although Billie Someday is the smallest goat on the farm– she is not to be underestimated. Down in the valley, Billie dreams of a life beyond her simple farm and to become a mountain-climbing goat much like her distant ancestors. But with dangers lurking in Darkwood Forest, a vigilant farmer and his dependable work dog, Caesar, and Billie’s overprotective mother watching her every move, will Billie ever get the ultimate chance to prove her worth and climb the Matterhorn?

[​IMG]

Some art inside the book:
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

I'd like to personally thank all of you and I do mean that. Being able to come here and practice writing on an every day basis is a godsend for a writer. Thank you for reading my posts and responding to me all those times you did it. Knowing there's an audience is so awesome and thank you for reading my posts just like I read yours. It makes a difference in my life and I hope to make a difference in the lives of your young readers out there.

I really hope this does well and I can make this thank you a financial one (hopefully a very large sum). Clutch would deserve it for all the work and creativity he's put towards this awesome site. So if you'd like to help me make that happen, please pass the book around to folks. It would mean a lot to me and I'd have even more to thank you for.

(Lastly we all discuss the GOAT on here all the time so I have Clutchfans to thank for the title as well. I know we didn't invent that name, but we discussed how Hakeem is the GOAT almost daily! He is. Not MJ.)
    Proof:
    [​IMG]

#1 don grahamleone, Jun 17, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2021
  2. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Outstanding! I’ll get a copy for the granddaughter of two of our best friends, and a copy for my bookshelf.
    P.S. - I love Switzerland.

don grahamleone likes this.
  3. FrontRunner

FrontRunner Member

I'm not sure if you did the art or not, but the cover alone is really pretty (and I'm not just saying that). I would have a framed, poster-sized print of it, if I were in your shoes

Congrats! I hope it does well for you.

4. PhiSlammaJamma

Yes. Like the retro cover a lot. It will grab attention. Might give the goat a similar crag that the mountain has near the white chest area. Or blend in a touch of mountain color to see if it works. But it looks great.

Because there is a high correlation between Zuckerman’s sensation seeking scale and Cloninger’s novelty seeking scale, the finding of high novelty seeking in the book is consistent with the previously demonstrated relationship between sensation seeking and participation in mountaineering and other climbing-related activities. Tell that to Rolling Stone and they'll wet their pants. And also, Billie is in consideration for the cover.

#4 PhiSlammaJamma, Jun 17, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2021
  5. don grahamleone

I've never been, but for some reason the Matterhorn has always been a big deal to me. I hope y'all like it!

edit: And thank you very much.

#5 don grahamleone, Jun 17, 2021
    Deckard likes this.
  6. don grahamleone

I would love to wet Rolling Stone's pants.

7. don grahamleone

Thanks @FrontRunner ! I hope it does too. I worked hard on trying to make it for a large audience. I really need it to sell well. I'm not desperate or anything, but it feels like my whole career has pointed at this work.

FrontRunner and heypartner like this.
  8. Buck Turgidson

Caesar was my grandad's first ranch dog that I remember, dalmatian and something mix.

What ages is this appropriate for? I've got lots of little cousins, and they have lots of Christmases and Birthdays.

Love the art, btw!

ETA: My bad, don't know how I glossed over that.

#8 Buck Turgidson, Jun 17, 2021
  9. TimDuncanDonaut

Major congratulations.

10. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

11. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

Congrats!!!!

12. don grahamleone

Caesar is an Australian Shepherd and talks like one too slang and all. He was so much fun to write for. I hope your little readers out there like it and thank you for your help.

13. Buck Turgidson

Oh we had one of those too, also a border collie. And goats. I do believe this will work with the kids. Hell, I want to read it.

FrontRunner and don grahamleone like this.
  14. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Wow, this is awesome. I’ll get one for sure. Cant wait to learn about “Story Tree Hill” in the Adult Pen.

Congrats on finding a publisher

Send one to Laurel D’Antoni. Didn’t you meet her once?

15. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Haha. @SmeggySmeg needs one

don grahamleone and arkoe like this.
  16. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

How much for an autographed copy? My wife is an elementary librarian and has a collection (that she reads to the kids at school).

17. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

tl;dr

just kidding. That's quite an accomplishment. Congrats

Jontro and don grahamleone like this.
  18. TWS1986

TWS1986 SPX '05, UH' 19

congrats my man!!

19. boomboom

boomboom I GOT '99 PROBLEMS
    Supporting Member

the little goat = Steve Francis?

don grahamleone, TWS1986 and Xerobull like this.
  20. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Congrats! Always great to hear people making something big during corona.