1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Biden is a joke; will not vote again for him

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by what, Jun 16, 2021.

1. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

It's becoming increasingly clear that a lot of people don't know how gov works.

How the hell are these things supposed to be fixed in 6 months or by any president?

Please explain how you see any president 'fixing" these things?

And now you are asking why pay attention?

You pay attention so you can vote in people that will allow a president to implement the things you want, you don't fix anything in one election cycle.

The fact that are asking why care, shows you don't really care about any of the issues you have mentioned or you would roll up your sleeves and elect people that agree with you from the bottom up.

Blatz likes this.
  2. lpbman

lpbman Member

Oh ok I see, the president can't direct the DOJ in any direction, and despite the fact that Biden is the guy who nominated the AG, has no responsibility for DOJ conduct. Gotcha. So it's open season on the upper echelons of government and nothing can be done. Bummer. See, I thought the president could issue an edict such as "Investigate this, and follow all criminal activity no matter how high it goes"; but not "Have Donald Trump arrested!"

Command senators? Of course not... but he was one for 36 years. If he can't get something done then he should pull down the campaign promises on his website and swap in a picture of him shrugging with that stupid grin on his face.

3. adoo

adoo Member

clearly, you're been living in a cave

having a national plan, followed an effective execution, to procure / distribute / administer vaccines is the epitome of getting things done.

the fact that this was done amidst misinformation campaigns by Russian cyberattacks and right wing media makes it more impressive

#83 adoo, Jun 17, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2021
  4. TheresTheDagger

Posting their L's....

5. HTM

HTM Member

If you want to have productive conversations please try and post in a way that doesn't have you come off as a total condescending A88hole. It's really not that hard to not be a dick.

It doesn't have to be 6 months and its not the President's sole responsibility. I never said it was.

When is the last time any major piece of legislation was passed concerning:

1. Reforming the student loan program/ reforming how college education is paid for or accessed in this country
    2. Healthcare
    3. Gun reform
    4. The military industrial complex/defense spending
    5. the war on drugs
    6. Entitlement expansion/reform

Nothing ever substantively changes with these things. Nothing ever really changes. The AFA was nice but other then that, when's the last time anything major was done which actually materially changed anything regarding the topics I've outlined?

6. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

No, the president SHOULD not direct the DOJ in any way, what does conduct have to do with anything?

Since when is nothing being done, people have been arrested and investigations are ongoing.

Duder he has been in the job 6 months but for some reason you think everything should be done now.

It's clear you don't really have a clue how gov and the justice system actually works.

7. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I can't help it if you are thin skinned, maybe you need to stay out of the D&D.

I am not here to debate you on gridlock in Gov, because I don't like it as well but Biden and the Democrats are not the cause of it.

You asked why care and I gave you the answer, why did you care in 20/20 and why did you think everything would be 'fixed" in 6 months or with one election?

The ACA was a major change yet you poo poo that and I guess you forgot but we are just coming out of a major pandemic so maybe other things got pushed to the background.

Biden never campaigned on most of these things so why are you expecting them to be a priority?

I would like these issues to addressed as well but I understand how gov works and I am not ready to check out after 6 months or before the end of Biden term.

How did you see all of this stuff being addressed in 6 months?

By executive order?

8. HTM

HTM Member

You can help your tone and style of posting. I don't think I'm asking you to move mountains. I'm asking you to be civil and polite and not condescending. If you want to go around life being a dick, that's your business but I won't engage and I'll call you out.

Who said I was expecting that? I'm lamenting that substantive legislative addressing pressing issues never takes place.

The problem isn't Biden or it getting it done in 6 months. The problem is none of these major topics ever have major legislation passed addressing them. Nothing looks like its going to get done addressing these things either. So, it beggars the question... what's the point? Nothing ever changes. The Democrats control the house, senate and the white house. They probably aren't ever going to get the 62 (They need to get to 60 and then get Manchin/sinema on board with legislation which looks unlikely) or so seats they need to beat the filibuster in the senate.

Everyone thinks our healthcare system is broken - nothing ever changes
    Everyone thinks mass shootings are terrible - nothing ever changes
    Everyone thinks our college education system is broken - nothing ever changes
    Everyone thinks the war on drugs is a failure - nothing ever changes
    We spend $800 billion a year on defense/the military industrial complex - nothing is ever done to really address this
    We have a $23.3 trillion dollar debt - Nobody addresses tackling this
    Entitlement programs are ballooning and going bankrupt - nobody addresses this

Any hope any of these things are going to be fundamentally addressed? Nope. Not really.

9. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I really don't understand your point, why post in a thread about Biden then?

You seem to just be disgruntled about gov period.

10. HTM

HTM Member

Hopefully everyone is disgruntled with government. We are implored to "vote" to accomplish change - Ok, cool, people voted, the Democrats won, they control the house, white house and senate. Now what? Oh, we cannot really do anything without 62 or so Democratic senators... Sweet... So nothings going to substantively change on most of the topics most pressing to the nation? No. Uh, Ok, cool. Can the Democrats win 62 seats in the senate in our lifetime? No probably not.

Biden and the Democrats are in charge. I thought they wanted to effectuate some substantive changes but, again, nothings getting done and it doesn't look like anything will get done on the topics I outlined.

We're stuck in this perpetual crappy stasis forever.

11. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

Sounds like you're for reforming the filibuster?

12. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

To be frank, the ACA didn't solve the majority of the issues people face with healthcare expenses. It helped and saved a select group of people(those with pre-existing conditions) and I'm glad it did but for most people, their premiums still were going up.

It was a band-aid to a gushing wound.

13. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Who said it solved everything?

What wili solve everything?

14. fchowd0311

There is a difference between "solving everything" and the trend still causing increased premiums and costs for the general consumer.

Healthcare costs have been going up for a long time and they still were going up under the ACA.

A single payer system would reduce costs. One giant pool to distribute risk. But I very well know that isn't ever going to happen until violent revolution takes place due to our current government system. So I'm content knowing that the problem won't be solved. I'm just here posting my frustrations.

15. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Once again change will not happen in one cycle.

It's your opinion that we are not really doing anything and that's only 6 months in, again what do you think could have been accomplished in 6 months?

It seems that if everything does not happen that you want or when you want it then you think it's all useless, don't think anything can be done about that.

16. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

WOW!

So now a violent revolution is needed to fix healthcare.

Sounds kind of like a trumper.

17. fchowd0311

Ya I guess.

But that is the nature of human history and Nook sort of brought it up. Substantive change for the people rather than a select interest group usually only happens with large scale conflict that shakes the system.

Something like single payer can only be implemented with some paradigm shifting event. That's reality.

We can come back in ten years and see what substantive changes this administration brought forth. I doubt there will be any. That's just not how our political system works.

18. Sanctity

Sanctity Member

It's either him or 90 percent of the population already suffering or dying from Covid-19 by now. The Trump Administration was totally incompetent.

19. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

related

20. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

so that's important to you now?

jiggyfly and FrontRunner like this.