1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ryan Spaeder drops a potential hammer on MLB

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by BonziWellsGOAT, Jun 16, 2021.

1. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

He wants people to know about it but without hurting his friends that were engaged in it. You know there will be some fall guys just like Luhnow. It's like how Bonds is still out of the Hall of Fame when everyone during that era was juicing it up.

cmoak1982 likes this.
  2. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

I remember when Jack McDowell said La Russa had a sign-stealing system in the 80s that involved the lights in a Gatorade sign in the outfield scoreboard. No sports news outlet cared to follow up or investigate and the White Sox bizarrely re-hired 76-year-old La Russa.

UTSA2step, mikol13 and Rock Block like this.
  3. The Drake

The Drake Member

I think this is exactly it.

4. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

5. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

A few theories:
    • Fiers ticked that Hinch didn't have his back when he intentionally beaned Valbuena and was left of the playoff roster in 2017. No contract offer made him even more peeved.
    • Fiers trying to divert attention from his no hitter being tainted.
    • There's beef between Fiers and some of the other players...

RayRay10 likes this.
  6. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Probably got legal threats from MLB, and didn't want to go down as a martyr.

clos4life and cmoak1982 like this.
  7. marks0223

marks0223 2017 and 2022 World Series Champions
    Supporting Member

The MLB mafia got to Spaeder. Now back to your regularly scheduled "orange team bad" programing.

msn, clos4life, Cold Hard and 5 others like this.
  8. lnchan

Looks more like a Belarussian forced confession...

clos4life, jiggyfly and Nook like this.
  9. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

WOW!!! This is wild. This man contemplated all this for months and months, if not years. He teased the idea of this release of groundbreaking info for a very long time. To release it like he did...fully contemplating it for that long...and then to back away the very next day....wow!

If he had released these tweets at night, I would assume now he had been drinking. I doubt that's the issue given that he talked about doing it the night before...and then the next morning sent out a thread of tweets on it.

dmoneybangbang and msn like this.
  10. lnchan

Need to get screen shots...

11. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

• His affinity for underaged girls.

H.D. likes this.
  12. desihooper

desihooper Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Weird, he was on with John & Lance today saying the opposite, that he was ok with the events that transpired after he started his Twitter thread. Someone got to him...

13. homewight

homewight Contributing Member

What ever happened to that Yankees letter that was being suppressed and was supposeed to come out last December? Did I miss it, or did the MLB thugs cover it up?

RayRay10, snowconeman22 and dc rock like this.
  14. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

Astros fans should throw Manfred-labeled Manila envelopes on the field when Judge is at the plate.

msn, RayRay10, jiggyfly and 2 others like this.
  15. H.D.

H.D. Member

"Affinity" as in raging sexual relationships ...

Story came out 3 days later, iirc, and was buried by the media since the pedophile was useful to them at the time.

RayRay10 likes this.
  16. Nook

Nook Member

[​IMG]

17. BonziWellsGOAT

Well so did I. I just find it off-putting that in a sport notorious for cheating for over 100 years that people are all of a sudden so holier than thought and act like its an isolated incident. I thought I was over it but it felt good seeing it. Too bad turns out the dude had a change of heart, coerced or not.

18. BonziWellsGOAT

Yeah thats what I'm afraid of

19. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I can't blame him, those who tell the truth are severely punished for it when it goes against the narratives pushed by our media overlords.

clos4life likes this.
  20. J.R.

J.R. Member

https://www.nbcsports.com/chicago/white-sox/white-sox-dallas-keuchel-fans-hating-astros-misinformed

"I think a lot of fans are misinformed, because it wasn't just the Astros doing things. We were kind of keeping up with the times," Keuchel said. "And it's kind of sad that it is what it is at this point in time.

"But I've moved on, and life always moves on. I'm not going to get stuck back in a past year or a past experience. It is what it is, but life moves forward.

"If people want to hold on to what they think is reality, then I let them. But it doesn't hurt me. I just try to move forward, try to be the best I can, because I know my life here in baseball's not going to last forever and I'm trying to take advantage as much as I possibly can."