1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rate the last movie(s) you watched

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ClutchCityReturns, Jan 26, 2009.

1. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

My Life, Starring Michael Keaton

Deckard likes this.
  2. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Nope! I'll give you a hint. There is a Dick involved.

3. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

In the Heights, 8 out 10. OK, so I am not the biggest fan of musicals, and as with many musicals, this one ran long. But great energy, beautiful sound and cinematography, good storyline and two beautiful performers (Melissa Barrera and Leslie Grace).

4. mateo

mateo Contributing Member

I watched this last night. Agree there were issues, but I enjoyed watching it despite how basic it was. It felt like a 90s movie I'd watch at the Dollar Cinema and sneak in some beers.

1) Its beautiful. Especially in 4K. It made me want to go back to Montana immediately.
    2) I liked both assassins as characters.
    3) Tyler Perry's cameo was weird - was he supposed to be govt or crime syndicate? Felt like govt.
    4) If Allison was such a badass survivalist, why didnt she try to patch wounds?
    5) There was no need for Jolie to have that much makeup, her cheekbones dont need accentuating they are already perfect.

don grahamleone likes this.
  5. NewRoxFan

Skater Girl, 6 out of 10 (Netflix). Cute coming-of-age film that is family appropriate (rated PG). Basic story... small rural village in India, teen girl with low self esteem gets interested in skateboarding through a British woman (from India) and an American guy and all the cultural disruption that causes with her family and village. Rachel Saanchita Gupta shines as the teen,

Blatz likes this.
  6. FrontRunner

FrontRunner Member

I saw this late one night when I was about to crash and forgot about it. I have even less to add tonight, but I thought you deserved a reply.

One could make a case for 1955 George McFly being a "slacker" and needing to stand up for himself, which he did. Marty, on the other hand, came into the movie being cool as could be, playing the guitar, riding his skateboard, having the hot GF, etc. (Zemeckis and Spielberg must have felt like like they needed to work overtime to distance Fox from his Alex P. Keaton character.)

But you're right, aside from Marty hating to be called chicken, he really didn't have any noticeable flaws that I can think of. So yeah, charisma and likability certainly didn't hurt. That, a tight script, a ticking clock [tower], and being basically erased, too. But that goes without saying.

----------------------------------------

The Little Things (Denzel Washington, Rami Malek)

Really disappointing. I can see why the script and the desire to do something a little different might have attracted the two stars, but it was a complete waste of their talents. Easily the worst Denzel Washington movie I've ever seen. 4/10.

#9246 FrontRunner, Jun 15, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2021
  7. the shark

the shark Member

"Train to Busan".

A S. Korean zombie film. Not really into zombie films at all but a friend of mine highly recommended it. Really good!!

8. NewRoxFan

The sequel, Peninsula, not quite as good.

9. NewRoxFan

The Silencing (Amazon Prime). 2 out of 10. Nice scenery, which bumped it up from a 1. Horrible movie. Even for free, you spent too much. Basic plot... don't bother. OK, its about a former hunter whose daughter went missing then died because he just had to buy liquor. You see, he is a drunk. The broader plot is about the hunter and a woman sheriff (OK looking, but she isn't part of the scenery and she can't act, so...) who are sorta teaming together to catch a serial killer who dresses in a bush costume and kills people with some obscure spear flinging thing. Since I don't think anyone should watch, I will spoil the movie as a favor... it was the fricking doctor, whose daughter was killed by a drunk driver (see, drinking is bad). Not the sheriff's psycho brother thrown in as a red herring (he cracks his knuckles and for some reason, so does the doctor?). Heck yea... I am spoiling the crap out of this so no one wastes time. The sheriff shoots the hunter to protect her psycho red herring brother who somehow recovers the next day to keep going after the psycho doctor, Yea... the hunter must be part Wolverine since he gets speared by the doctor and shot by the sheriff but keeps on keeping on. Oh yea, more spoiling... for some reason the doctor operates on 14 year old girls' throats (I guess so they can't talk) and then turns them loose to hunt with the spear flinger. Why? Who freaking cares at this point. I would have turned it off its so bad, but both my wife and I fell asleep. Woke up to see why some barn that the psycho red herring brother didn't like was demolished. Why? Wo knows. But that was the ending of the movie. Oh, and one of the doctor's 14 year old girl victims survived being stabbed with a spear because she must be part wolverine too.

No name cast. That hopefully have day jobs because none can act. Horrible script. Horrible direction. Nice scenery. Jim Bob says don't check it out.

KingCheetah likes this.
  10. couple of d's

couple of d's Member

A Quiet Place 2. 8/10 I love me some Emily Blunt even if she can't talk.

11. Slyonebluejay

Slyonebluejay Member
    Supporting Member

The Hit man's Wife's Bodyguard 6 out of 10. Not bad. Lots of laughs. Ryan Reynolds is a little more annoying in this one. Selma Hayek and Samuel L Jackson are good as always. Mindless r rated fun if that is what you're looking for.

GRENDEL likes this.
  12. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

I was surprised I enjoyed this more than the first.

Thought it was more consistently funny, helps that they trimmed a half hour from the originals runtime. It's script is pretty terrible but the cast makes it funny....

C+

Slyonebluejay likes this.
  13. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

I saw this movie and it is oddly bad like Ben Simmons in the playoffs.

NewRoxFan likes this.
  14. Slyonebluejay

Slyonebluejay Member
    Supporting Member

I enjoyed both. The cast is what make these movies for sure. Lots of good laughs, which is why I go

GRENDEL likes this.
  15. conquistador#11

Company of Heroes on Netflix: 0/10. I fell for the "You might like ..." The action scenes are terrible and the acting is atrocious. But I did like the mission.
    Basically a bunch of privates and corporals get tagged with an easy mission, deliver food to a battalion right before the battle of the bulge. However, a wrong turn here and a wrong turn there and they end up in a V2 rocket testing facility. Could have worked with better actors, effort and something more than $200 in production.

16. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Finally watched Den of Thieves it had been on my DVR forever, I recorded it after listening to a Rewatchables pod.

6/10 it was an ok heist movie with a twist, nothing really new, but acting was ok and some good shootout scenes.

The ending was kind of wonky where I needed to rewind and see what happened but did not really care.

How did they switch the money and how did the other robbers not check any of the bags for the money?

17. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

King Fu hustle. Top 5 movie, all time.

Fight me.

daywalker02 and Entropy like this.
  18. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Just finished watching a movie called Nobody I rented at Redbox. Bob Odenkirk from Breaking Bad and Don't Call Saul is the star. His dad is played by Christopher Lloyd, who I loved as Taber in One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest.

It grabbed me from the beginning with a bizarre intro. Great music, great acting, and lot's of action. I'd give it 8 of 10.

Tommyboy and jiggyfly like this.
  19. conquistador#11

The Nun and Annabelle Creation. I'm watching them in chronological order.
    If I start speaking in tongue, then this was the reason.
    The Nun 5/10- good timing on the jump scares. What a weird nun, she looked liked Marylin Manson and I couldn't shake that out of my head. These demons have no respect.

Annabelle Creation 6/ 10: It was gewd but so many questions. How does Valak, the demon make his way to California. I went to the palace of answers which is reddit and it still doesn't make sense.

20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

[​IMG]