1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chris Paul out Indefinitely

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Zboy, Jun 16, 2021.

1. H.D.

H.D. Member

dayum- comic royalty in the house

2. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

It’s already known you can catch covid and test positive after being vaccinated. The vaccines do not completely prevent covid infection. They seem to reduce it by 60-80% last I saw but I haven’t seen any updated numbers.

By far the biggest benefit of the vaccines is significantly reducing the effects of covid on the body. If I’m guessing I’d say he’s back quickly.

3. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Cp really must have did something terrible in his past life, going up against the NBA elite and battling mystical demons.

ronclone likes this.
  4. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Are NBA players tested regularly even if they are vaccinated? Did Paul have symptoms? I heard someone mention that he went into the crowd after the Laker game, that was enough to need a test?

napalm06 likes this.
  5. J.R.

J.R. Member

6. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

people out here laughing at other people for keeping on their masks despite being vaccinated. I dont get it. Im going to be wearing my mask indefinitely.

7. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

The chances of getting seriously sick after the vaccine is tiny, and there has been only 603 deaths out of 600K of vaccinated people. That is a really low number.

ronclone and DreamShook like this.
  8. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Not to be political (is this political?), but they have lied to us about UFO's, Masks efficacy, the Virus origins, etc. Im just going to wear the mask even if the deaths are small. Im not going to risk it. it's such a small step to get added defense.

9. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

You do you boo. Less chances of getting the flu from wearing a mask. 600 flu deaths last year versus 20-80K annually.

ronclone and RudyTBag like this.
  10. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

another reason to keep wearing a mask

Edit: I know they have given us the science and they say you are covered by all these variants, but the vaccine it 6 months old (and Rushed) They are still finding out new things about the vaccine. how can you trust it so thoroughly to just abandoned the only real defense the regulars can understand? weird

#30 DreamShook, Jun 16, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2021
    malakas likes this.
  11. Supermac34

Supermac34 President, Von Wafer Fan Club

You can still test positive and have 0 symptoms.

Moderna and Pfizer are about 99.99999999999999999999999999999% effective at keeping you out of the hospital and dying.
    They are about 95% effective at keeping you from having SYMPTOMATIC Covid.
    They aren't quite sure at how effective they are from keeping you from getting enough virus in your system to test positive despite being completely asymptomatic, but probably ~80-90%.

They are literally some of the most effective vaccines ever created.

BeBreezy, Newlin and Major like this.
  12. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Because the vaccines provide protection magnitudes greater than a simple mask. Physical distancing is probably much more effective than a non KN95 mask. Exposure to pathogens is also helpful to have a healthy immune system.

It seems a little psychologically unhealthy and possibly physically unhealthy but do whatever makes you happy. I’m certainly not the prime example of doing everything possible to maintain my health lol so I can’t preach but hey it’s a message board and I have an opinion ;)

Slyonebluejay and ronclone like this.
  13. ChillyPete32

ChillyPete32 Member

Do what you want as long as you don't try to force other vaccinated folks to keep wearing masks and it's all good.

Slyonebluejay, napalm06 and hakeem94 like this.
  14. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

Wearing a mask is not conducive to ones health in general, however if you're ugly and feel safer with the mask on then its justified...
    Also don't forget to wear helmet when riding a bike (a non-gym one) and safeguards for elbows and knees (especially if not particularly skilled at driving).

15. JumpMan

What do you mean by that? o_O

16. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

*standing ovation*

17. JumpMan

NBA players have to take daily tests regardless of being vaccinated or displaying no symptoms.

According to Matty Barnes, Chris Paul told him that all he does is go to the games, practice, and his house and he doesn't have any idea what's going on with his positive result. That would mean that he got the Rona from someone on the team or in his family, no?

18. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

DAmn. Did the NBA update their health and safety protocol? I remember that player must be out for 10 days after a positive test.

19. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

a lot of Karen energy in this post. dont worry. I will wear my mask and not assault others with my eyes.

malakas, Newlin and SamFisher like this.
  20. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

im a Texas 10 and an adjustable Miami 8, bro. I shouldn't be covering my face up in the first place. we all make sacrifices.