1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Trade Ideas 2021-22

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Shark44, Jun 3, 2021.

1. fattz

fattz Member

Normally I would agree but Cade could be the home-grown franchise savior for OKC. He will draw better than any other player in the league in OKC. Disney stories could not be written better. Butts in seats. Even if we think Cade is special do the deal because it’s not happing here with Wall on our roster. My goal would be Westbrook forgiveness then Wall moved. I was asking for the world but I believe if there is a way to reset the clock back to pre Westbrook and move Wall then it needs to happen. Would this year tanking be worth it? Not coming away with Cade.

2. Jwise44

Jwise44 Member

Keep wood unless some offer blows us away

wood signed here to play with us...I don’t want to trade guys that signed here then play well (the whole looking at everyone at assets thing). Yes if someone is willing to overpay then do it, if not keep a good player that embraced the city and is still young

wall for whatever or buy out

trade Gordon 1/3 of the way into the season if we don’t get a good enough offer out of the gate

trade house right away—-I wish there was a way to use him and someone else to get bagley (or some other back up center that can play d, Daniel gafford-esque at the time the trade was made)

keep augustin as a vet locker room guy unless there’s a good offer or he’s needed in the bagley deal

resign nwaba as a vet d enforcer and good influence

resign Kelly o if he doesn’t become too expensive

kpj/dj
    Kt/armoni
    Tate/nwaba
    Wood/kmj
    Kelly o/bagley (or backup center that can play actually play d)

plus our picks and return from eg

d would suck, but that’s a young team with potential and I believe in bagley becoming something more consistently on a new team (all his injuries have seemed like unrelated bad luck)

3. fattz

fattz Member

We need to let Gordon and House start the season as starters and play their way off this team. I think both can and will. Wall is injured or 2nd string. There are way to many players before we even get our new rookies.

4. D-rock

D-rock Member

Cade is from Texas and only played 1 season for OK ST, right?

5. D-rock

D-rock Member

CF severely underrates EGo - Both Clips and Nuggets could use him to guard scorers like Booker, Mitchell and Dame.

Williamson, 18pbr, Shark44 and 4 others like this.
  6. D-rock

D-rock Member

Treading water or worse, purposefully drowning if Wood traded.

7. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I agree with Gatlin.

fattz, burlesk, jch1911 and 2 others like this.
  8. saleem

Unfortunately, our man is injured.

9. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Trading Wood and Giving up assets to dump Wall .... that guy's not too smart.

I don't necessarily undervalue EG , he's a good piece for the right team , this just isn't the right team. He doesn't fit the timeline due to age and contract , he's best shipped out to a contender for the easiest contract to flip and the best available draft compensation.

And he's oft injured - I do believe they held him out to affect the tank tho , almost certain he could have come back and played at some point. Kinda like Exum's calf strain that kept him out all season.

#69 Corrosion, Jun 12, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2021
    fattz and D-rock like this.
  10. R=$

R=$ Member

Houston Rockets Trade Breakdown
    Change in Team Outlook: +0.9 ppg, +4.4 rpg, and -0.6 apg.
    Incoming Players
    [​IMG] Fred VanVleet
    27 year old, 6-0, 195 lb G from Wichita State
    19.6 ppg, 4.2 rpg, 6.3 apg in 36.5 minutes in 2020-2021
    [​IMG] Rodney Hood
    28 year old, 6-8, 205 lb F from Duke
    4.5 ppg, 1.9 rpg, 1.0 apg in 17.1 minutes in 2020-2021
    [​IMG] Aron Baynes
    34 year old, 6-10, 260 lb C from Washington State
    6.1 ppg, 5.2 rpg, 0.9 apg in 18.5 minutes in 2020-2021
    Outgoing Players
    [​IMG] John Wall
    30 year old, 6-4, 210 lb PG from Kentucky
    20.6 ppg, 3.2 rpg, 6.9 apg in 32.2 minutes in 2020-2021
    [​IMG] Danuel House
    28 year old, 6-7, 215 lb F from Texas A&M
    8.8 ppg, 3.7 rpg, 1.9 apg in 25.9 minutes in 2020-2021

11. saleem

Nobody in their right mind will agree to this. Ujiri is a star GM.

Williamson likes this.
  12. DreamShakeFTW

DreamShakeFTW Member

Exactly. Trading Wood for a pick would be a dumb move. Some people just want to tank forever.

I doubt Wall gets a buyout unless he asks for one and/or declines his option for his last year.

If he did decline his option (not likely), he would be much easier to trade as a huge expiring contract.

saleem and D-rock like this.
  13. raining threes

Gotta see where they end up after the lotto before having trade ideas.

saleem likes this.
  14. D-rock

D-rock Member

Who do you like better, Luka or Zion?

Rudyc281 likes this.
  15. Caesar

Caesar Member

lol what? He's barely just getting started. He has a total career games played of 85. 3 more than 1 full season. When did these guys start to think they are getting drafted in the lottery and expect to be immediately contending and winning championships? It's ridiculous. Zion is still ONLY 20 years old for another month. He can't even legally drink....and their patience has run out?

What the family is really saying is, put Zion on a superteam NOW. In other words, we want the easy road that LeBron and KD paved the way for.

It's not just that it's Zion, it's a worry going forward for all franchise young players. Imagine Cade Cunningham coming into our 17 win team and saying he wants out after a year because we don't have the talent around him in 1 season. GTFO.

I guess Zion and Luka going to team up with some other young star. Where does it end?
    Thanks LeBron.

16. Caesar

Caesar Member

HOWEVA. The impatience tells me they aren't confident Zion will have a long career. A physical build like his and already some injury history, they want to act now to put him in quick legacy build mode while he has his prime athletic ability and youth. I agree if that's the thinking. Zion is probably the one guy who should try and get the most of his career starting now. Zion won't have a long career as a star. Injuries will turn him into a bench player before 30 imo.
    I just hope it's to compete as a contender, and not a cop out super team formation.

Rudyc281 and saleem like this.
  17. D-rock

D-rock Member

18. Caesar

Caesar Member

C: Embiid
    PF: Zion
    SF:Luka
    SG: shooter
    PF:Lillard

-all media-all summer creating a hypothetical superteam in NY or a 3rd LA team lol

Rudyc281 likes this.
  19. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

20. D-rock

D-rock Member

https://fanspo.com/nba/trade-machine

PG: Porter/Augustin
    SG: Khyri/Snipa
    SF: Cade/Tate
    PF: Wood/KJ
    C: Simmons/Olynyk/FRP

Dump EGo at Trade deadline after rehabbing value.

Tank for 2022.

Rudyc281 likes this.