1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

James Harden's Brooklyn Nets

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by jerryclark, Jan 13, 2021.

1. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Rockets Mike James would have tried to go for 50 himself.

2. riko

riko Member

The Nets were clearly lying when they said he only had “ tightness “. It’s clear as daylight as Kenny smith was saying that Hamstring is damaged and nowhere near healthy.

hakeem94 and pippendagimp like this.
  3. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

Harden looked really injured. He could barely move. I do not think he went past his defender once. And on defense he was blown by all the time (except for Giannis who thought, well he cannot move so lets post up....). I do believe it would be wiser for the nets to not let him play, and hope for an amazing Durant game. However the way Harden played I do not think he aggravated the injury, and he is valuable as a lightning rod. I really do not understand why the bucks kept on double teaming him, and paying so much attention to him. It was clear he wasn't even 50%.

I am really happy they won, though.

Zboy, durvasa, Reeko and 2 others like this.
  4. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

5. Pandaemonaeon

Pandaemonaeon Member

Harden being there alleviates some of the ballhandling and playmaking burden off of KD and frees up more energy for KD to do things like what he did tonight. That aspect of Harden's game is what lets him remain a threat and effective decoy despite having a poor offensive night and why the Bucks still stick to him. Plus him playing all those minutes as injured as he was is a great morale booster for the rest of the team. Without Harden it'll just be another game 4.

Slyonebluejay, Zboy, HP3 and 4 others like this.
  6. PhiSlammaJamma

Well. What Harden ultimately did do was bide enough time for Durant to finally see the light. I mean Tucker has no business trying to guard him at his size and Durant finally figured out he's the alpha male out there. That is enough now to take the series. Moving on to Atlanta they could get by without Harden as well. And think the sixers too. But they will need him in the finals. Prefer he play to get the rust out if healthy. But now that Durant sees the light again he can sit.

D-rock likes this.
  7. D-rock

D-rock Member

God lord, and I thought that other fool spouted ignorance.

Invisible Fan likes this.
  8. hakeemthagreat

Being injured doesn't make you incompetent. The turnovers weren't injury related

9. aurocketfan

aurocketfan Member

Lol. Haters gonna hate.

10. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

They were in the sense that Harden often plays badly when he doesn’t feel right.

11. D-rock

D-rock Member

Hate and stupidity usually go hand in hand.

LOL

hakeem94 likes this.
  12. hakeemthagreat

Was he feeling right game 5 against the SAS when took like 3 shots the first half? Or what about the GS 13 turnover game?

13. hakeemthagreat

Haters gonna point out facts

hakeem94 likes this.
  14. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

Yes, that's what I'm suggesting. I am hardly the only one who has speculated that Harden may have been concussed in the Spurs game. Who knows.

In any case, it is disingenuous to imply that Harden's low point total last night was unrelated to the fact he has a strained hamstring. Give me a break.

15. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

A true champion who has what it takes to step up when times get tough would have had the leg amputated and balled out on 1 leg.

#facts

16. Reeko

Reeko Member

edit - wrong thread

17. Air Canada

Air Canada Member

He literally helped them win it... On one leg

18. Air Canada

Air Canada Member

He was less than 25% tbh

19. Air Canada

Air Canada Member

What about the great passes he made while barely able to move like a stationary QB in the pocket... What about the pivotal free throws to give then the lead late?

hakeem94 likes this.
  20. TimDuncanDonaut

Last couple days been hearing "hunt harden" and "giannis defending KD".... well show time... i guess we'll see.

hakeem94 likes this.