1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Mike D'Antoni to interview for Portland Trail Blazers' head-coaching job Monday

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by tinman, Jun 14, 2021.

1. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

Time to get his revenge on Melo. Again.

heypartner, PuzzledFan and hakeem94 like this.
  2. hakeemthagreat

Didn't see you say this same thing 2-3 years ago?

hakeem94 likes this.
  3. Reeko

Reeko Member

They need to chill when it’s the fans and the media who will clown them and deem them as losers if they don’t win a title?

Harden carried this franchise for 8 years, set records, got all the accolades, made the playoffs every year, and look at how poorly he was treated by clowns on here and disrespected by the media…despite everything he did, he was still a loser

the same ones still acting butthurt and like bitter exes because he left would be the same ones wanting Harden traded right now and calling him loser after he failed to carry the roster that we had to a championship

4. jayland

jayland Member

Didn't Portland say they wanted to improve their defense? :p

tinman, juanm34 and TimDuncanDonaut like this.
  5. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Well I’m gonna guess you misread that post and thought I said I WOULD be surprised, but it said WON’T because it’s pretty likely I did say that in the past. Though you would have to quote me to confirm I made the declaration, but after 3 years of sucking ass and still cashing a check nothing is out of play.

Which is why the post you just quoted said I WON’T be surprised if some team is dumb enough to do it. But I would almost guarantee it won’t be a Portland team that needs to fix their defense and has no problem scoring.

But whoever that team might be the result will be the same. Below replacement level player, who is a black hole defensively. Money better spent on youth with upside over a will be 37 year old with the negative on court impact he brings.

hakeem94 likes this.
  6. DonatelloLimestone

Thats the idea. Someone as intelligent and poised as him on a coach, I'm going to give him a hard look. But thats also what is said about almost every vet pg out of the league be it Fisher, Kidd, Nash..sometimes it may workout, but it ain't a sure thing. But tis a players league and no one is reinventing the wheel on the court these days, its really about managing and communicating to players and these guys have the leg up in respect, voice, and clout to get through to the players bc of what they've done.

7. Fantasma Negro

Would love to see Melo coming off the bench giving solid 8th man minutes for the knicks

8. TimDuncanDonaut

Solid and liquid. No one wants to be too gassy. :D

Caesar likes this.
  9. sirjesse

sirjesse The Udoker has spoken!
    Supporting Member

Dame and his sidekick average 60ppg.

hakeem94 and BamBam like this.
  10. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Yes, yes, I think so, yes.

11. Reeko

Reeko Member

then u got it backwards

12. juanm34

juanm34 Member

Oh no!
    Will James Harden breakdown again and demand a trade to follow his coach???????

hakeem94 likes this.
  13. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

No, no, I don't think so, no.

The way Lillard is doing this through a dumb song lyric that makes him sound like an unhappy girlfriend and in the middle of a contract just isn't the right way. The way LeBron and Durant move teams, for example, is more logical and well thought-out.

Durant moving to Golden State not only to win, but also to be close to money making ventures in that area. LeBron moving to Hollywood to do the Hollyweird thing and he knew the Lakers would steal Anthony Davis and win, too. Those moves were well thought-out, logical, and mostly independent of public sentiment.

I mean, by the way they made their moves, I could say that Durant and LeBron were aware of what the media and fans would say, but were willing to take those hits because of what they had to gain. Lillard seems to be doing this based solely off of what he is feeling after another playoff loss in which he had like 1 great game, hence the song lyric and irrational demands to play a role in the coaching hire as if whoever they hire will drastically improve their roster.

So, I do think players should know what media and fan sentiment is, yes, but they should also do what's best for them regardless of what the media or fans will say and they definitely need to avoid judging themselves and their work based on opinions of strangers.

14. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Blazers will have the playoff 5 man rotation

15. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

[​IMG]

hakeem94 likes this.
  16. YOLO

YOLO Member

Because stotts and Portland had a extremely deep rotation

hakeem94 and fckbandwagons like this.
  17. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Live look at Melo:

[​IMG]

hakeem94 and FrontRunner like this.
  18. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

I'm just glad the team cancer is gone. Too bad CP3 couldn't shine here. Hard build a championship roster with a cancerous star who either chased other stars away or asked to have them traded for peanuts. MDA should never be allowed to be head coach again.