1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

On a scale of 1 to 10, how much do you miss Chris Paul?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Kadoz, Dec 7, 2020.

1. cheke64

cheke64 Member

This is why Harden fans aren't respected . This hypocrisy is insane.

napalm06 likes this.
  2. csc177

csc177 Member

I wish him well but there’s a chance he’ll be injured again at some in opportune time. It’s been like that his entire career. Hoping he breaks out of it.

CP wasn’t making this team any better, but I do miss the Chris Paul that helped carry a James harden led team before the hamstring injury. That was THE year to break the championship drought

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  3. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

They (Harden,Fertitta, a “reluctant” Morey, etc.) tried to send him out to pasture and he helped turn OKC into a playoff team and Phoenix into a championship contender.

#143 dc rock, Jun 14, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2021
    mastan and PeterKingX like this.
  4. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

harden would be at a 9.5

cp3 is about a 7, i could live with moving him depending on the return. Hard not to think about how bad the WB CP3 trade has turned out so far

prime Hakeem or 2017-18 harden is a 10

5. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I'll give it a 10, easy. Keeping Paul would have had us keeping Harden, in my opinion, and avoided the unmitigated disaster that was Russell Westbrook. CP3 is showing this year what he can do with a good team in the playoffs if he's healthy. Heck, even when he's a bit banged up. We'd have all those picks and swaps we handed to OKC on a silver platter. We'd have Daryl Morey, who I miss. Pushing this deal was an act of stupidity by Fertitta, who I blame more than anyone for the trade. I could go on, but that's enough. I miss the little b*stard.

#145 Deckard, Jun 14, 2021
  6. R=$

R=$ Member

0 , it was Hardens fault we had to trade him. However CP3 has a part of the dysfunction. He has some heel in him! He was never a true Rocket, just a hired gun.

7. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

Zero. I don’t regret it because he’s gone because of Harden. I did t like the trade but it couldn’t be helped because of his relationship with Harden and a lack of balls at the top of the franchise(management)

it is what it is. I’m genuinely happy for CP3. I’m not rooting for him to win(I dont Root for no other team to win) but I wouldn’t pissed at all if he got his ring. I don’t want CP3 to go through what Barkley goes through for not winning a ring. It’s stupid

cheke64 likes this.
  8. s3ts

s3ts Member

There's 2 versions of Chris Paul on the Rockets.

There's the version that took us all the way to WCF and a 3-2 lead vs GSW.

There's also the version that averaged some low numbers after getting a fat paycheck, essentially turning himself into an albatross contract that's equivalent to a Russell Westbrook.

Yes, I miss the Chris Paul that stuck around for the 3-2 lead vs GSW quite a bit. But I don't miss the Chris Paul that screwed himself to hop around to a Phoenix team because his contract is gigantic.

That's a straight-up 5 for me. I mean when Gary Clark was starting I think I missed Trevor Ariza more than I do Chris Paul now.

9. DonatelloLimestone

Les only paid tax. He couldve done WAY better. He did some incredible things in leadership he chose. Carrol Dawson was a right and then Les was really forward thinking in bringing in morey and essentially changing the nba in some ways . He still has paid tax once where tilmna 0 when he had the most important time to do it, so I think hes better than tilman. That isn't saying much, tillman and sterling are probably two of the worst owners i've seen. But les also relied on moreys 'water into wine' approach too, but he did let morey work way mroe than tilman. You know what helped LEs? He shut the f up and sat on the sidelines, didn't grab the press and lie to fans and his city, didn't go blaming everyone else...that is not helping tilmans cause, and judging by the large mural that showed him twice above harden, morey , MDA everyone...we could've seen this coming, sad I didn't and thought he was a winner

napalm06 likes this.
  10. apollo33

apollo33 Member

I feel like Harden got sick of of CP in 2019, mainly due to the latter not performing up to par in the regular season or the playoffs.

I am still perplexed at how terribly Chris Paul looked in those two playoffs series against GS and Utah in 2019, and then to bounce back like a new player in 2020,and 2021

fattz likes this.
  11. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I seem to have watched a different set of Chris Paul playoff series than you.

YOLO likes this.
  12. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

They were having a feud about heroball vs teamball that was obviously spilling over. Teamball, while definitely the better philosophy, wasn't good with Tucker, Capela, Rivers, House, Faried, Ennis, Green, Shumpert, Knight, Carter Williams as your lineup. That looks more like a 2007 JVG team. Hard to be on your A game when you're feuding with your star teammate and the team is fundamentally broken to save lux tax. This year's team was arguably better minus Paul and Harden.

fattz likes this.
  13. dmoneybangbang

N/A - For me.

CP3 was always going to be a gamble due to his age and contract. Didn't work out for us due to injuries and impatience, could have still not worked out if we were more patient. My "what if" is if we traded Harden instead of CP3 to rebuild.

14. alethios

alethios Member

I miss Harden more than I miss CP3

s3ts likes this.
  15. thekad

thekad Member

CP3 averaged 26/11/5 on 72%TS with only 1.5 turnovers in the sweep.

Salary dumped by Fertitta.

PeterKingX likes this.
  16. J.R.

J.R. Member

I miss Rockets Legends™…

Aaron Brooks
    [​IMG]

Gerald Green
    [​IMG]

Chuck Hayes
    [​IMG]

Carl Landry
    [​IMG]

Yao Ming
    [​IMG]

Dikembe Mutombo Mpolondo Mukamba Jean-Jacques Wamutombo
    [​IMG]

Hakeem Olajuwon
    [​IMG]

Luis Scola
    [​IMG]

Von Wafer
    [​IMG]

Ron Metta World Peace Artest
    [​IMG]

More than the “hamstring away” team, I wish they could have won a championship…
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

#156 J.R., Jun 14, 2021
  17. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

Anyone who tries to take a poll without including a poll should be permabanned.

18. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

How hard is it to spell God? Jeeeez.

19. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

He switched to a vegan diet ala game changers on Netflix. And he has been rejuvenated since. Wish he had that diet while he was still here.

20. PhiSlammaJamma

This reminds me, anyone seen the Greek God of Finance?