1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

US super-rich 'pay almost no income tax

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by ChrisBosh, Jun 9, 2021.

1. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

Stick to posting from twitter sources...

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt."

Commodore likes this.
  2. dmoneybangbang

So we’ve gone from “well” to “comfortable”.

3. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You did not post the definition.

4. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

What's the difference?

5. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

I had a seasonal job for the Houston Parks And Recreation. I worked with a 45 year old black guy who lived very responsibly. He saved his money from an offshore job and paid cash for his house and car.

He had of a heart attack at age 45 a few weeks. He played free safety in high school, he was talking about tackling Gerald Moore one day. He is dead.

What's worse is I was sure his wife would go early. She is 5 feet tall approaching 300 pounds. The city makes these guys get annual check ups. Bit if them frequent the doctor.

This anecdote is in no way unique

6. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You didn't read the links. The link on French services was in that link and also in the original link that I sent.

7. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

This is your debate tactic. Post a bunch of links that you don't read because you don't summarize them. So I know you don't read them

You aren't even debating the point anymore. You are just being an immature b**** after I admitted not reading the last link and just criticizing me for not doing your work.

Its your argument, its your job to summarize the information you post

I asked you for a source on your claim about homeless services in France. Your first link is on Finland and the UK your second on the UK your third on the US and finally the fourth on France

So I'm supposed to spend my precious moments of my short time here on this earth reading a bunch of **** I'm no talking about?

#147 pgabriel, Jun 14, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2021
  8. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Fine, get rid of the irs and income tax. Let’s just have a national sales tax and a wealth tax on tangible and intangible properties.

9. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

@FranchiseBlade

I skim through your link s. I'm not reading all that **** nor am I ashamed to admit it.

You post **** without saying in anything about what you're posting.

That's lazy bad faith debating

#149 pgabriel, Jun 14, 2021
  10. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

because we need a wealth tax and what they don't pay the rest of us have to pay. Effectively we subsidize them.

11. glynch

12. glynch

pgabriel should actually get out a bit more.

adoo likes this.
  13. adoo

adoo Member

replace "us" / "we" w "the middle class"

the Alternative Minimum Tax (AMT) had been the closest thing to a wealth tax,
    one that the trust-fund baby eliminated in 2018.

interest on mortgage and SALT had been the most common tax deductions for the middle class,
    but the Mussolini of Mar a Lago
    effected a cap on these deductions, which effectively is being used to subsidize the elimination of the AMT​

14. adoo

adoo Member

as well as heed the sage words of Abe Lincoln

"Better to remain silent and be thought of as a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt."

15. glynch

Do some research, guy. As a lawyer who started out working in Food Stamps and AFDC before my legal career representing almost exclusively poor people you are at least 90% just wrong. Perhaps talk to someone in social services or something. We don't have Medicaid expansion in Texas. Not all poor people, especially adults without kids can be on Medicaid. The wait for housing is years. There are many restrictions on food stamps and many fall between the cracks. Sheesh. If you have any integrity we should expect an apology after you get informed.

16. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Liberals need to get out more and stop believing everything on the news
    People don't go hungry in America. There is plenty of food. This ain't the.

#156 pgabriel, Jun 14, 2021
  17. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

I've already conceded this point

18. glynch

19. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

20. glynch

30 plus years later I still remember the one welfare client I believed. (The rest of course are forced to have off the books help, usually from men which tends to lead to more kids one way or the other)
    We always had to lie and sign off that they somehow they explained how they got y on the impossibly low check ok, conservos and libertarians not "impossible"

A client of course at least a permanent resident, but relatively recently from South of the Border. When I asked, her eyes let up and she explained in detail her plan as I remember : Every month when I get my check and food stamps I go out and buy a iirc 50 pound of rice and 25 lbs of beans and 5 gallons of cooking oil. That leaves $30 per week for milk, eggs, meat cheese. My sister works at a hotel and always brings home unused soap, shampoo, toilet paper etc from the hotel and gives it to me etc. I think gives her some makeup (Pgabriel would probably report this, but that was years ago.) Sorry, pgabriel I think she might takes the kids for a happy meal once per month also