1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[WC Semifinals] (2)Phoenix vs. (3)Denver

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., Jun 4, 2021.

?

Suns vs. Nuggets

Poll closed Jun 7, 2021.
  1. Suns in 4

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Suns in 5

3.0%
  3. Suns in 6

33.3%
  4. Suns in 7

18.2%
  5. Nuggets in 7

12.1%
  6. Nuggets in 6

27.3%
  7. Nuggets in 5

3.0%
  8. Nuggets in 4

3.0%
  1. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

GENIUS FORESIGHT!

2. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

3. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

So Morey was forced to give up those picks? You make it seem like Presti tricked Morey. Nah man Morey is not dumb, Presti didn't fool him. Morey gave all that up because cp3 value was at an all time low. Simple as that.

If cp3 comes into camp in shape that year, Harden doesn't have to carry him all season and they both would still be here right now.

4. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

Good easy wins for the suns. This is as far as they go probably since they’ll face a real team now

5. cheke64

cheke64 Member

I got the Suns winning the championship. Ayton is developing into something nice. Jae Crawdor being the x-factor. Monty with the green light on mid-ranges shots. I see the all the boxes checked.

hakeem94 likes this.
  6. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Honestly, the only thing I thought would do the Suns in these playoffs was the inexperience of Booker and Ayton. They've faced two wounded teams thus far in the playoffs, which is very fortunate for them. I'm very interested how they do in the WCF. They are a well built team on paper and not surprised at their success. I do think if AD would of been fully healthy these playoffs, Suns wouldn't be in this position right now, but they've definitely taken advantage of the moment and I'm very happy for them.

MettaWorldPete likes this.
  7. eman

eman Contributing Member

PHX is going to be rested and ready for whoever they play next, and suddenly the East looks like the perennial finals pushover conference again. Barring injury-- how well we know-- looks like CP3's getting his chip this year. He'd be a decent player-coach for us next year, I wish.

hakeem94 likes this.
  8. YOLO

YOLO Member

Suns could very well be otw to the nba finals. They have pretty much every box checked for a true shot outside of the lack of collective playoff experience besides cp3/crowder. But all of their young guys are seemingly bought in and understanding the moment. I'll definitely be rooting for them over whoever comes out of the Jazz/Clips series. neither of those teams are surefire picks over the suns

Jayzers_100 and ElPigto like this.
  9. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

I'm happy for Paul at getting another shot to get to the Finals. Like I said many pages ago in this thread, the Suns was the perfect storm for Chris: young and hungry team sick of losing, a talented backcourt partner who is eager to do whatever Paul wants him to do, and a coach that just lets Chris run the show. That being said, I appreciate his passive/aggressive dig at the Rockets organization because he recognized that if it weren't for that trade he wouldn't be where he is right now, whether he wants to admit it or not. His last year in LA and the two years he was in Houston Paul never played more than 61 games. That trade (or disrespect in Paul's POV) spurred him to do whatever it took to get healthy both in OKC and in Phoenix.

plates300 likes this.
  10. HP3

HP3 Member

Yea because that was Presti’s offer. Morey didn’t want to do the trade period. So when Tillman overrides his decision, that’s a problem. I don’t what’s so hard to understand that.

And yet, only a dumbass would ever want to trade him for a worse player in Westbrook.

11. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

What's even more impressive is the miraculous recovery of his shoulder from the first round.

TimDuncanDonaut likes this.
  12. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

Totally with you about Morey. Morey made his share of mistakes but I believe his hand was forced by Tilman and Harden into making the biggest mistake of his tenure.

I think most of the NBA, let alone Rockets fans, had serious concerns about the last two of CP3 contract years. It would be revisionist history to think otherwise. But he wasn't "washed" or terrible either. Yes he had a down year, but he still played 58 games and avg 16/8 on 56% TS with a 3.5 to 1 to ratio. In the playoffs he was 15/5 on 56% TS. These are respectable numbers especially in light of the disagreement and conflcts he and Harden had on the court.

Whether those conflicts could've been mended is an interesting subject. Judging by the few public comments each have made since, I'm not too optimistic. No matter what tho, it wouldve been miles better than the alternative. And that I've always maintained.

#492 blahblehblah, Jun 14, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2021
    HP3 and Easy like this.
  13. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

2016 The unanimous MVP Curry goes down due to dmo's butt sweat! Harden and Dwight couldn't come together after a dysfunctional and disappointing regular season to take advantage of the 73 win team missing it's leading star.

hakeem94 likes this.
  14. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Well I guess Harden is a dumb ass then.

Morey fleeced Presti for Harden so its only right Morey return the favor lol

15. HP3

HP3 Member

Harden could have been convinced by Morey and he never actually wanted to get rid of Cp3, he just wanted Westbrook, he even tried to recruit Jimmy prior.

Morey didnt get fleeced if he never wanted to do the deal, Tillman got fleeced cause he's a moron.

16. JW86

JW86 Member

This Suns team is just outstanding and that defense is stifling. They’re truly playing like a team and reminds me of our Rockets in 93-94 when everyone needed to chip in and they did. So glad to see a true team full of hard working guys getting a shot at a trophy. It’s kind of like the 2019 Raptors though they had more firepower.

This Suns team also does not need nor really getting help from the refs, though CP3’s antics at times are infuriating and that toss of Jokic was crazy. No other star in a do or die game who clearly fouled out of frustration with no ill intent would’ve been tossed for that unless we’re talking vs. Warriors last couple of years maybe.

On the Nuggets side, with their rebounding issues and defense I wonder if Malone is the right coach for them. Not once did they do anything differently on CP3 and I think McGee is someone they could’ve used earlier. With a healthy Murray this is a different series, but they need a good big men off the bench and AG to either play smarter or be traded. What a letdown he was, though Green was also just a shell of his former Clipper self.

hakeem94 likes this.
  17. cheke64

cheke64 Member

The nuggets are fine. They were missing their superstar player. Last year they should've been champs if it werent for the Laker's refs.

RustyHarden likes this.
  18. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Yep. If they had a healthy Murray, this could have been their year.

MPJ is injured and I guess he'll always have back issues. Aaron Gordon played like crap. Jokic was worn out from last year's bubble, 72 games, then carrying them in the first round. If they had Murray, I think they would have been West favorites.

RustyHarden and BeBreezy like this.
  19. HP3

HP3 Member

Just ask yourself is Jamal Murray the difference between a sweep and winning a playoff series? I don’t know if I believe that to be the case.

JW86 and hakeem94 like this.
  20. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

Jokic and Nuggets finished a remarkable season with a whimper, but they should be proud and happy with their run.

Advancing to the second round while starting a 30 year old 5"9 rookie from europe and Austin Rivers who was jobless for 2 months and on the verge of being out of the NBA is enough.

MVP Jokic is only 26 while Murray and Porter can still get better. Their future is brighter than all but a handful of NBA teams.

#500 blahblehblah, Jun 14, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2021
    RustyHarden, JW86, BeBreezy and 2 others like this.