1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Euro 2021

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by daywalker02, Jun 3, 2021.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

There is a fine difference between those who do not want to get vaccinated and those who openly go against it.

On a forum it all get blurred.

But yeah, if you stand for one side, medical issues shouldn't get political.

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  2. Buck Turgidson

There are approximately 460,000 collegiate athletes, and approximately 8 million in high school in the USA. They are all (mostly all) vaccinated if they want to play sports. Give me some medical data on that group.

I'm not saying there's zero risk from a vaccine, I'm saying the risk is minuscule, and you're a ****ing idiot if you don't get vaccinated.

3. malakas

malakas Member

I'm getting my first Pfizer dose in an hour. Just the thread I needed to read lol
    After refusing the dangerous Astrazeneca vaccine and waiting for two months it's alarming to read here now that so many people have first hand experience of deaths from the Pfizer one which have hardly been reported in the press.

Anyway they say that Ericsen is stabilised, awake and communicating but sadly his pro career may be over for good.

Yung-T likes this.
  4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

For now there are no hereditary issues and the old doctor of the Tottenham Hotspurs was adamant he had no prior heart issues dating to 2019.

So I am assuming you can go down being tired as well. Your brain doesn't get it right away.

5. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Not sure why you get so angry about this. One doesn't have to be an anti-vaxxer to want to know whether there could be a connection of the vaccine and Eriksen's case.

Yung-T and malakas like this.
  6. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Why are you acting like people saying this are all anti-vax? That's kind of a straw man and making it easy for yourself.

Everyone here is getting vaccinated, we just want more transparency and clear studies, as this seems underreported atm.

malakas and AroundTheWorld like this.
  7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Countries handle it differently, we can actually choose the pharma company, I am not sure Germany for example can.

Yes and no.

The US has been struck 50x harder than for example Germany so for y'all it is understandable.

I think you will come across many Euros who are against it. Just so you know.

I won't call all idiots, there are some lucky dudes who will get thru it without vaccinations.

8. Raz

Raz Member

Can we get back to football and talk about how irresponsible the officials acted once again? Denmark players were give the choice to either finish the game the same night or today at 1200 CET. Same **** like when Dortmund's bus got attacked and they had to play 24 hours later to not get suspended. FIFA and UEFA need to finally come up with a backup plan if something like this happens. Denmark players should've really considered just packing their **** and leaving the tourney for good.

9. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Eriksen has not been vaccinated based on Inter report.

Also, vaccines are for devil worshippers.

10. texanskan

texanskan Contributing Member

Well I am not buying the Pfizer vaccine being "tatally ok" two people I know got it suffered widow maker heart attacks immediately after

Fauci has to be so corrupted by being bin the same position for 40 years so that companies like Pfizer can expedite a vaccine that is in the emergency use stage but yet he goes on tv to promote it 24-7

11. texanskan

Also I am not anti vaccine but I sure as hell as someone who has very little risk of dying from Covid will be getting one until there is a couple of years of data out

12. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

Shall we get back on topic? There are enough places to talk about vaccines (got my first last week).

If you ignore those terrible 5 minutes we played much better than I expected. Happy we got the win. But those 5 minutes cannot happen.

daywalker02, AroundTheWorld and Raz like this.
  13. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

For anybody else who saw that dude die (momentarily) on live TV, has it killed diminished your enthusiasm to watch soccer?

It kind of did for me

14. texanskan

Not really

I'm very thankful immediate care was provided and he was saved. Can't stop living life or doing things because something bad happens.

Thank God it was not tragic

Yung-T likes this.
  15. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

I admittedly went and did something else because it was so horribly boring with Ukraine putting all 11 behind the ball and the Dutch refusing to put anything on goal. I come back 30 min later and it’s 3-2.

I want Tyrone Mings for United. Not sure what his contract situation is or what Villa would want for him but he’s the ideal man next to Maguire, IMO. England, overall, looked good but they’re doing what I feared they’d do…not score enough. That should’ve been more than 1-0. Sterling got the goal but I don’t think he played well at all. I think Rashford does better.

16. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Holland vs Ukraine was a good game absolutely ruined by the ESPN commentators.

Alejandro Morena is terrible at commentating, just as horrendous he is an analyst, and as atrocious of a player he was.

And he isnt the only one. 75% of their crew is a clown show.

How do these idiots get these jobs and hold onto them?

ESPN should not have the rights to such high caliber tournaments.

17. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

I feel ya.

I tried not to go to school for years after watching Dead Poet's Society ending.

Neither the teachers nor my parents were buying it.

Talk about irony.

ThatBoyNick likes this.
  18. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

I hate it when the commentators are bad. It can really ruin a game. I watched the game while having a zoom meeting with my family. That was fun. Altough my brother had a delay of 30 seconds.... So I was already cheering before the Dutch had the ball on his screen :)

I do not believe we have a chance to get far in the tournament, I am not a fan of De Boer. But that is the general consensus in the Netherlands. With our last successful big tournament we had great coaches or an abundance of talent. Currently we are lacking both.

daywalker02 likes this.
  19. Raz

Raz Member

Well, you top the easiest group and already beat the toughest opponent within. That means a third-ranked team awaits in the RO16, the Quarters appear absolutely doable for Oranje.

Yung-T likes this.
  20. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I had the pleasure of watching Austria/North Macedonia with a friend who grew up in a small Austrian village. It was a lot of fun watching a country's first major win in 30 years with a fan from that nation.

Really looking forward to Germany/France tomorrow.

Yung-T and daywalker02 like this.