1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[WC Semifinals] (1)Utah vs. (4)LA Clippers

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., Jun 6, 2021.

?

Jazz vs. Clippers

Poll closed Jun 9, 2021.
  1. Jazz in 4

2.6%
  2. Jazz in 5

7.9%
  3. Jazz in 6

15.8%
  4. Jazz in 7

26.3%
  5. Clippers in 7

13.2%
  6. Clippers in 6

26.3%
  7. Clippers in 5

2.6%
  8. Clippers in 4

5.3%
  1. Mr. Space City

Bogdonovic got Kawhi in vice grips right now

2. icewill36

icewill36 Member

I have never this dude move this fast.

3. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Other than the fact that she has a lame sense of humor, brings zero excitement to the game, sounds like someone sitting in a cafe discussing the game over coffee, and has strange reactions to obvious foul calls, yes sure.

hakeem94 and HP3 like this.
  4. Pandaemonaeon

Pandaemonaeon Member

Kawhi the Distributer isn't going to cut it.

5. Mr. Space City

I miss Harden and CP3 shutting up the Jazz crowd.

*sigh* fun times….

6. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Mitchell is hunting Kennard

7. YOLO

YOLO Member

Pg13 sucks in yet another playoff game

BigShasta likes this.
  8. HoustonTexas

HoustonTexas Member

Kawhi was supposedly the best player in the league.... getting shut down by the Jazz. Everyone just blaming Paul George

9. Mr. Space City

the concept of the clippers was to bring kawhi and pg to that super deep team that played the KD warriors hard.

but now most of those players from that squad are gone so what you’re left with is a team with no depth or chemistry and its 2 best players not being good enough.

hakeem94 likes this.
  10. John Harvey

John Harvey Member

lmao pat bev is so garbage out there.

hakeem94 likes this.
  11. CK Johnson

CK Johnson Member

Clippers are toast.

12. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

She is absolutely atrocious.

hakeem94 likes this.
  13. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

What a team we had!

B-Bob likes this.
  14. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

We had to give something up for a chance at a top lottery pick which has a chance not to be a bust.

15. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

Utah in 7. Clippers won't go down easily but Playoff Pee will be too much to overcome this round.

Kawhi opts out. Clippers blow up this offseason.

16. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Mitchell is a tier above Kawhi and Paul George. He stepping into 08 Wade territory.

napalm06 and hakeem94 like this.
  17. VanityHalfBlack

Gonna be the Suns and Jazz in west finals

JumpMan likes this.
  18. Air Langhi

Kawhi Leonard just wants to be Socal and chill.

19. Air Langhi

He isn't getting 20fts a game. He is a much better shooter than Wade.

20. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

A few takeaways/kneejerks for me after 2 games:

1. I got duped by Toronto Kawhi. I thought, at that time, he was legitimately a Top 5 player in the league. Now, after two seasons in LA, I can see that he's a seriously flawed player. Not in terms of skill but in terms of intangibles which basically makes the whole "Kawhi's a robot" joke even more profound. He can give you what you need on most nights--scoring and defense--but in terms of leading a team, being the heart and soul of a squad, you better look somewhere else which is sad and embarrassing considering where he's at in the hierarchy of the NBA. This guy REALLY needs that rah-rah teammate to unlock his full potential like a Kyle Lowry. Instead he got a guy that's mentally lost on the court in Paul George. Depending on what matters more to him (his NBA legacy or just being close to home), I can see Leonard leaving for Miami where he would have a better teammate in Butler who can bring not only basketball talent but that element of intangibles as well.

2. Playoff Donovan Mitchell is a thing and we're all witnesses. The performance in last year's playoffs was insane but I thought maybe it was just the Bubble Effect. I mean, Mitchell has performed well in the playoffs prior to that, relative to his youth and NBA experience. But lord is he just torching the entire league right now. If Kawhi and George can't/won't stop him, I don't see who on the Phoenix/Denver/Milwaukee/Brooklyn teams can stop him. Maybe Crowder can try to play b*tch defense and get into his head but outside of that I don't think anyone can stop Mitchell. I'm even more impressed at his ball distribution too. He's making right moves every game.

3. Utah could have ruled the West for years to come.....but Father Time is waiting. I hate to admit it but this Utah team is insanely good. Those years of losing to the Rockets had me doubt how good they were going to be but seeing the growth in Mitchell, O'Neale and Clarkson has made me a believer. The biggest change is that Conley isn't as washed as I thought he was based on how he did last year. However, Conley (33), Ingles (33) and Bogdanovic (32) are creeping up there in age, preventing this Utah team from dominating for years. Sure those guys don't rely on athleticism but old age will eventually slow things down to the point where they are liabilities on the court.

4. The Clippers need to trade George. My first reaction: trade him and fillers to Portland for CJ McCollum and Robert Covington. Dame gets a backcourt teammate who's not a complete liability on defense and the Clippers get a more reliable scoring option plus a defender to replace George's production on that end. With what I said about Kawhi on #1, you really can't have two Betas (from a mental perspective) leading your team.