1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[EC Semifinals] (2)Brooklyn vs. (3)Milwaukee

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., Jun 4, 2021.

?

Nets vs. Bucks

Poll closed Jun 5, 2021.
  1. Nets in 4

6.6%
  2. Nets in 5

9.2%
  3. Nets in 6

51.3%
  4. Nets in 7

13.2%
  5. Bucks in 7

7.9%
  6. Bucks in 6

10.5%
  7. Bucks in 5

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Bucks in 4

1.3%
  1. Reeko

Reeko Member

[​IMG]

Jontro likes this.
  2. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Is that Pace adjusted, bc in the rs they had 2nd fastest pace. Also, open 3 as measured by the SportsVU cameras might need to be adjusted to Giannis guarding the perimeter, bc of his length, it’s not as open as for others, which could result in hurried 3s that are measured as Open.

MettaWorldPete and hakeem94 like this.
  3. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Wait wut?

So now you think if Harden does not play again he would not be valued?

Really?

4. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

How many of those guys are still on this team?

5. J.R.

J.R. Member

6. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Brooklyn might not need Harden this round if Blake continues to remind himself that he's the Clipper version and not the Piston version.

7. Milos

Milos Member

I just want Giannis out of MIL
    Nothing against the city, but this core has maxed out

As a general NBA fan, to me it stinks having a truly revolutionary talent waste his prime in a 5-worst market for a 5-worst franchise

Reminds me of Brow toiling away in New Orleans
    ... And now Zion ... Just not enough prime time stage to showcase the megastars that drive the league

I loved watching Davis finally get his due in LA with LBJ

Zion needs to become centerpiece of Knicks renaissance in the Garden

Giannis ... Wanna ball with Cade in Htown?
    We've got Nikos

hakeem94 likes this.
  8. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

Despite their failures, I hope Giannis stays in MIL, at least till he finishes his contract or close to it.. He's only 26, its too early to just give up and look for greener pasture.

Yes, MIL messed up when they didn't want to pay brogdon, but to the organization's credit they've been trying (paying) their best ever since.

Furthermore the blame for their failures isn't just on the organization, its more on their coach and two stars not delivering. Bud is a terrible playoff coach and Giannis has seen his numbers/performance decline in the playoffs. Worst of all, Middleton - their second "star" - has been terrible in the playoffs (Im talking worst than playoff p terrible) Over the past 3 seasons, 25 playoff games Middleton has avg:

18.1 points 5 assists 6.8 rebounds 3 turnovers on 39/35/88 and a 51% TS

hakeem94 likes this.
  9. yoeddy

yoeddy Contributing Member

Harris, Claxton, T Johnson, Jordan, TLC, Chiozza and Dinwiddie…

10. TimDuncanDonaut

They paid Giannis the supermax. Traded a lot of their future to get Jrue. They have guys like Lopez who bangs at center, so Giannis's body don't have to and take less toll. Hired his brother on the team, so he's closer with his family. Coach Bud load manages Giannis minutues for his longevity, despite taking flak by their fans and media.

It's not like that org didn't bend over backwards to support him. One can criticize their champion chances, but can't say that the Bucks organization didn't try.

I guess I'm feeling less sympathetic, if it's that challenging to build around someone, maybe the issue is that someone.

11. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

So you think those guys could make the playoffs in the East?

Dinwiddie has been hurt.

12. wekko368

wekko368 Member

With Kyrie Irving? Why not? The eastern conference was weak this year.

13. bmelo

bmelo Member

Brooklyn don't need him at all. His presence is overkill as ****. Its like shooting cannon to kill a fly

14. Milos

Milos Member

I think we're actually agreeing on his situation ... I just want him to leave already

They botched Brogdon, then shat the bed again by failing to execute Bogdan deal in tandem with Jrue

In any case, the real problem is that they will never attract another superstar to pair with him in MIL

Brogdon, Middleton, Bledsoe, Brogdon, Jrue ...
    They have been spinning their wheels cycling thru a bunch of good 2way near-stars

Giannis won't find a worthy running mate until he leaves
    Nobody trying to Harden their way to Wisconsin

blahblehblah likes this.
  15. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

Agree with you about MIL doing everything they can for Giannis (except for Brogdon) but their challenge isnt building around Giannis. They've had unbelievable success in the regular season, the problem is translating that success to the postseason.

Some of that is definitely on Giannis, but a much bigger portion is on their coach and second star. Giannis is 26. Aside from Lebron, Shaq and Jordan, not many players are expected to win the title or get to the finals by that age. It's hard to go deep in the postseason when your second star is avg 18 points on 51% TS. That's not one series or year, its his cumulative performance in the past 3 seasons! It's a worst performance than any second star Curry, Kawhi or Harden has had in any of their deep playoff runs.

Edit: to remove Lebron, dude has dragged worst to the finals.

#895 blahblehblah, Jun 9, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2021
    TimDuncanDonaut and Milos like this.
  16. Milos

Milos Member

The whole situation gives me Deja Vu ... It's a replay of the final days of Garnett's run in MIN

Everything you wrote above applies equally well to both situations

I was ready for KG to move on
    He was finally paired up with 2 other stars on a marquee franchise ... And instantly won a ring
    I was happy for him after so much hard work wasted in Minny

I'll be happy for Giannis when he finally leaves and gets a team worthy of his otherworldly talent and character
    Truly seems to be least diva of any Top10 superstar and I'm rooting for him

JayGoogle and TimDuncanDonaut like this.
  17. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

@malakas this should be your thread as the resident Bucks fan you definitely know a lot more about MIL situations than us window shoppers.

malakas and TimDuncanDonaut like this.
  18. yoeddy

yoeddy Contributing Member

They did it last year, so I think they'd have a good chance to do it this year. If they didn't trade for Harden, they'd also still have LeVert, Allen and Prince...add Jeff Green and Shamet to that group playing with Irving and KD? They certainly could be the 7 or 8 seed, if not higher.

19. dmoneybangbang

I think the Bucks would be a lot better if they had originally gotten Bogdan Bogdanonvic instead of the Hawks. They are too wooden offensively, which works in the regular season, but the playoffs are a different animal.

20. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member