1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Breaking] 5 HPD Officers Shot

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, Jan 28, 2019.

1. The Law

The Law Member

My initial thought that came to my brain when reading your comment was something to the affect of “man, I wish this guy knew how many police officers I have personally arrested during my years of investigations that gets absolutely no PR.”

But then I thought of the general narrative of someone being accused of racism that immediately proclaims “but I have a (insert ethnicity) friend!” It’s usually because the human mind goes into defense mode but it doesn’t necessarily add anything to the conversation nor does it help to change the other person deep rooted bias.

So all I can really say is I am also frustrated and this situation hurts me too. It hurts a lot of my friends and it hurts the “brotherhood” you keep mentioning because most of that brotherhood, like any profession of the sort, is there for the right reasons. You might not believe it, but it’s there. Do some open records requests regarding departments in your local area and you will see that we constantly police ourselves, 95% of the time they are fired or arrested and it doesn’t hit the internet or 6 o’clock news.

2. MystikArkitect

That man was your friend.

And you shot him.

3. superfob

superfob Mommy WOW! I'm a Big Kid now.

Why wouldn't stories like that hit the news? Police corruption is juicy stuff for local news. Unless those things aren't under open records.

Jontro likes this.
  4. The Law

The Law Member

I’m always baffled as to what is news worthy these days. I have had big cases where I’m peacocking my chest because it was great investigative work and I think I might get my 2 minutes of fame and instead I see a story about a squirrel who rescued a baby duck in Memorial Park. Who knows.

Jontro, AroundTheWorld and B-Bob like this.
  5. J.R.

J.R. Member

6. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

7. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

8. dmoneybangbang

Don't be modest.... post the story then.... if it happened. Been a year.

9. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I had no idea all of that stemmed from a bogus 911 call.

Yeah she ****ed up but I don't see how she could have known cops would overreact like that, a bit of overkill if you ask me.

People call 911 on neighbors all of the time.

Andre0087 likes this.
  10. superfob

superfob Mommy WOW! I'm a Big Kid now.

They do, and SWATing is extremely dangerous, regardless if you think cops overreacted. She should get punished as well as the cops that acted negligent (obviously the cops that falsified evidence as well)

NotInMyHouse likes this.
  11. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

You need to read more into the story. She was a CO for one of the officer who she also had sex with occasionally.

12. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Not saying she does deserve punishment just seems a bit extreme.

Did not know that but it kind of makes me look worse at the cops, they knew she was crazy.

Not saying she should not get jail time but the cops where the ones who went way overboard.

13. Newlin

Newlin Member

This woman also went way way overboard. Just read the words of what the judge said. The judge that heard all of the testimony and saw all the evidence.

"There’s no question in my mind, Ms. Garcia, in that you wanted something bad to happen,"

"This wasn’t a run-of-the-mill hoax, it was a very serious 911 call made to police with intent of harming their neighbors."-Judge George C Hanks.

In my opinion this woman got off easy. She may have gotten more time than the sentencing guidelines, but she will be free in a few years and her neighbors will still be dead. The penalty for this type of crime needs to be severe to be a warning for others.

Yung-T and dmoneybangbang like this.
  14. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Did i say she did not?

Judges love to grandstand and he has a motive to try and take heat away from the HPD.

She made a phone call, she did not organize a full on raid or falsified documents to get a warrant, it was the choice of dirty officers to escalate this stuff, so yeah I blame them more, they are supposed to be the professionals.

She did not shoot the neighbors or plant evidence so no I don't think she should take the brunt of the blame.

15. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Police are like pit bulls.
    Never know which side will show up.

Rocket River

Ziggy, jiggyfly and lpbman like this.
  16. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I agree and that's why I said she is not without blame.

17. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

She basically SWATed her neighbors because she didnt like them. She deserves more than she got, imo.

That doesn't excuse the police and they appear to deserve all the consequences they are suffering, but imo what the lady did was basically attempted murder by police.

When you make up a daugher out of thin air and reperesent to police that she is in immediate danger there is no legitimate way you can claim it was a misunderstanding or an accident.

King1, McNultyisDrunk, Yung-T and 6 others like this.
  18. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

19. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I think my issue is that the cops knew the lady and were not going in blind.

They knew she was making **** up yet still did what they did, this was not a split second decision.

20. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

How is there not a Houston Cop/Crime drama? So many elements here that would make for a refreshing show not in NY or Chicago.