1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[EC Semifinals] (2)Brooklyn vs. (3)Milwaukee

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., Jun 4, 2021.

?

Nets vs. Bucks

Poll closed Jun 5, 2021.
  1. Nets in 4

6.6%
  2. Nets in 5

9.2%
  3. Nets in 6

51.3%
  4. Nets in 7

13.2%
  5. Bucks in 7

7.9%
  6. Bucks in 6

10.5%
  7. Bucks in 5

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Bucks in 4

1.3%
  1. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

In this series I feel bad for pj Tucker. He won't ever win a ring despite how much heart he puts into the courts. Screwed over by ego cheap ass owner in the Rockets, now about to b eliminated cause his new superstar isn't even in the same caliber as Harden and Harden not even playing.

2. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I had the Nets in 6.
    So I have thr bucks winning the next one.
    If only for pride.
    Gentlemen sweep is entirely possible.

Rocket River

fckbandwagons likes this.
  3. Reeko

Reeko Member

to me, carrying your team to a ring>>>winning a ring as part of a Big 3, but winning FMVP or playing very well in the process>>>>>retiring ringless

yeah, BK is embarrassing choking Milwaukee, but there’s still Philly and the finals yet to be played…Harden playing well in the playoffs and winning a title will still boost his career, especially when the alternative is being ringless

KD became known as a playoff god when in GS. No one even knows or cares that his efficiency used to drop more than Harden’s in the postseason when he was with OKC. How would KD be talked about now if he had never went to GS, but he had yet to win a ring?

ElPigto and MettaWorldPete like this.
  4. HP3

HP3 Member

How do you figure that? They have some of the best defensive personnel in the NBA to match up with Brooklyn? Giannis literally won DPOY last year. They should be at least able to slow them down and they cant do jack.

9th on NBA.com and 6th on others. They actually held KD and Kyrie to below average scoring efficiency, their offense just ran really smooth because of all of the role players. But thats neither here nor there, the point is the Bucks should be better defensively and they arent at all.

Yea I know they are collapsing on that end. Im not denying that. At the same time you cant just deny the fact that a good team is being blown out by Brooklyn without Harden.

I expected them to hold their offense to below average ratings without Harden. But yea I also didnt expect them to put out 90 points and honestly thats not going to continue to happen. Their offense will be fine, their defense however looks like they cant stop Brooklyn at all.

Im not creating anything. I said how I felt about the situation. Yea, Im sure someone who doesnt know anything about me would think that. But anyone who has read my previous posts wouldnt think that. He's sitting in street clothes while his team blows out the team with the second highest net rating in the NBA. Why is it that durv and blah get what Im trying to say about this situation and not you? Its not a good look to me. Im not creating any narrative and I said what I said. You disregarding my entire post history and trying to tell me Im trying to make a "narrative" about Harden is off putting bro. You should know thats not what Im trying to do.

Harden is better than KD thats why. It changes a lot because it puts Harden in the second banana role even more. Some of yall dont care about that, I do.

hakeem94 likes this.
  5. nigma2000

nigma2000 Member

the way the Nets are playing Harden doesn’t even have to play another single minute and he will end up winning a championship.

Harden, joins a star studded team, who by the way of things unfolding apparently never really needed him in the first place. Play a total of 40 games the whole season, his services are not even needed during the playoffs, and he becomes an NBA champion. Brilliant!

The three of them could be like the WWE’s version of the New Day, two tag team for a season and the third one takes a season off to observe from the bench and they will still end up winning every season! Load management in the NBA at its finest!

BigShasta likes this.
  6. HL3

HL3 Member

^ Y'all thought I was crazy when I said this at the time.

steddinotayto likes this.
  7. Reeko

Reeko Member

You’re not stopping KD, Kyrie, and shooters consistently. Giannis won DPOY, yet has spent the vast majority of his time not guarding either KD or Kyrie.

6th where?

Below average efficiency in game 1? Kyrie was 11-20 heading into the 4th, and then missed everything once the game had already been decided. KD is just about whether he’s making or missing. PJ can’t guard him. Jrue is too small. Giannis rarely guards him, and when he does, he’s been getting cooked. Who else can even attempt to guard KD on that team? He was missing more than usual in game 1, but that’s more on him than anything a defender can do. Then they continue to allow 3 after 3 like they’ve been doing all season. Teams shot 38% from 3 against Milwaukee during the regular season, and BK is the best shooting team in the league with or without Harden.

The Bucks should be miles better offensively, but they’re nowhere close. They have a huge advantage in the paint, yet in the 1st quarter of this game, the closest shot they had at the rim was from 6 ft away by Bobby Portis, and every other shot that quarter was from at least 10 ft out. They literally had a 72 offensive rating in the halfcourt in this game, and we’re surprised they can’t compete with BK even without Harden? Who are u beating in the playoffs shooting 6-30 from 3 or with a 91 offensive rating for the game? No one that’s good.

saying Harden should be embarrassed and can’t make good decisions for his career is not a good look to me, especially when it’s based off the Bucks choking…only one who should feel something like embarrassment is Brick Freak and the rest of his team

Harden is so much better than KD that Kyrie and Harden with no KD would beat the Bucks without question, but Kyrie and KD with no Harden can’t do the same, especially with how Milwaukee is playing? It changes nothing. When Harden comes back, he will do the same stuff he was doing before which is running the offense while KD and Kyrie focus on scoring.

8. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Hey @tinman!

This dude is accusing a LOF of being a Harden fanboi.

The end times are near brother.

Time to sell your clutchfans account to the highest bidder and enjoy hookers and cocaine with the little time you have left on this planet.

tinman and yoeddy like this.
  9. yoeddy

yoeddy Contributing Member

Nope, I’ve been a Nets fan since the late 1980s when Mookie Blaylock and Sam Bowie were the core. I joined ClutchFans to talk about Jeremy Lin…I am a fan of his because he is an Ivy Leaguer (like Matt Maloney) as well as his being an underdog, and of course because he is Asian-American. @tinman can tell you all about me.

MettaWorldPete likes this.
  10. yoeddy

yoeddy Contributing Member

11. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Giannis is the the Most Raw Player with no skills, Kevin Durant is literally destroying his Fake 2x MVP Image.

Those 2 MVPs belongs to James Harden.

James Harden is missing out on this beat down.

MettaWorldPete and hakeem94 like this.
  12. HL3

HL3 Member

13. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I don’t get the logic in arguing that the result of this series so far has anything to do with the regular season MVP race the last two years between Giannis and Harden. It’s even less relevant given that Harden isn’t doing anything in this round so far.

We need to talk about the regular season and the playoffs like they are two different things. It is pretty clear some players excel more in one setting versus the other.

blahblehblah and JumpMan like this.
  14. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

What are the odds that if/when the Bucks get eliminated Mike Budenholzer gets fired?

15. MystikArkitect

Nets dismantled the Celtics franchise and are about to do the same to the Bucks.

Soul suckers.

16. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

for starters, harden helped make the Nets role players better

MettaWorldPete likes this.
  17. Reeko

Reeko Member

I saw a video this morning where J-Will said he once said that Giannis was a mix of Kevin Durant and AD, and KD later came up to him and said that he better not ever compare Giannis to him

KD is showing that there’s levels to this. He is embarrassing Giannis. If Giannis is a perennial DPOY candidate, I can’t tell. He barely spends time guarding KD, and when he does, he’s getting barbequed out there…straight up cooked…ol’ Michelin chef KD

YOLO and MettaWorldPete like this.
  18. cheke64

cheke64 Member

I see some strange chemistry between Kyrie/KD with Harden. They have secret handshakes, seat far away from him, and don't play to Harden's slow tempo. Harden looks like a 3rd wheel in all honesty and cringy how bad he tries to be the good cheerleader teammate when he was the total opposite here in Houston

RustyHarden and hakeem94 like this.
  19. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

LOL an ex with some conspiary

harden's "tempo" made the role players better and carried them to the playoffs

#819 vlaurelio, Jun 8, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2021
    hakeem94 and steddinotayto like this.
  20. wekko368

wekko368 Member

The Nets were guaranteed to make the playoffs with or without Harden. He may have carried them to a high seed, but he certainly didn't carry them to the playoffs.