1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Could Mavs be interested in John Wall?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TheRealist137, Jun 7, 2021.

1. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

If Silas doesn’t have the balls to move Wall to the bench then he shouldn’t be the head coach. John Wall should be paired with Gordan on the second unit.

2. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Doubt the Mavs help bail us out of bad contract(s).

People need to come to terms with the idea that Wall and Eric Gordon
    are not going away this season. Every team has its problems and the
    draft offers many viable options of getting younger and more athletic.

don grahamleone and D-rock like this.
  3. mikenm268

mikenm268 Member

Next season, I could see the team trying to compete and make the playoffs, and I could also see them tanking again.

If we are trying to make the playoffs with what we've got/draft, we'll keep Gordon, as he still helps the team win some extra games and was playing very well last year pre injury. However, if we are tanking, I think we'll trade Gordon and actually get something back. He is due $19mm/yr over the next two before his final NG year. That is at least a fair market value contract, if healthy for a bit, he is definitely tradable IMO.

Wall will be on either team (assuming they don't attached assets to move him, which I pray they don't).

ApacheWarrior likes this.
  4. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Yes on the Wall aspect.

Not many teams wanting to take on that $44M contract in 21/22 season
    Wall won't give up more than a million of the $91 million remaining

Tilman won't pay out all that money to have Wall go to another team
    and possibly succeed by making the playoffs as Westbrook did.

Best hope is some team taking that $47M final year as an expiring contract.
    Wall has a player option that final season.....unlike CP3, I feel Wall opts-in
    and stays. As I said in the post, get use to Wall not going to another team
    this season.

Jalen Green and they need to give him the keys to the SG position...But even at
    that, I'm probably not trading Eric. I can't see the Rockets taking back anything
    back of quality or prime picks for Gordon.

I leave it to others to talk tanking....I accepted it this season but not next year.
    I feel it is wishful thinking that someone wants that Eric Gordon contract as
    it escalates, his age, and injury history. Good luck with that.

Good to see you posting more. Clutchfans need more sensible posters.

don grahamleone and mikenm268 like this.
  5. dmoneybangbang

6. Jontro

Jontro Member

wall for luka straight up. tho i dun think tillmen would want to have to give luka that supermax extension, so won't happen.

don grahamleone likes this.
  7. DCHAMP

DCHAMP Member

Thats the worst part about this...walls contract is just as bad...im rlly rooting for the clips to flame out, maybe theyll trade for him, otherwise hard to see him moved till atleast the trade deadline nxt yr where he'll only hv a 1.5 yrs left on his contract

D-rock likes this.
  8. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

I fully expect Luka to b****slap any member of the Mavs organisation for ever suggesting they bring in black hole John Wall.

However it'll never get to that point, because Cuban would b****slap any member of the organisation for ever suggesting that.

Lmao. The Mavs would be one of the worst teams for john wall since it takes the ball out if Luka's hands. Sheesh.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  9. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I just hope somebody is. Are the Lakers desperate enough after getting bounced in the first round? Maybe the Clippers get bounced in the second after narrowly escaping the Mavs in the first. Surely somebody has to be desperate enough. PLEASE GOD! IF YOU EVER LOVED ME MAKE SOMEBODY DESPERATE ENOUGH TO TRADE FOR JOHN WALL!

rhee, D-rock and joshuaao like this.
  10. Caesar

Caesar Member

Were the opposite of the Knicks. They think they are getting every star for nothing, even those under fresh contracts. We always think were getting rid of our unwanted contracts for decent value.

11. Le$$

Le$$ Member

Yea Wall can help alot of teams out but who wants to eat 50 million on this bum?

The only way they trade him is if he waives his last year, so that contract is huge expiring.

12. danoman

danoman Contributing Member

John Wall is a pill we are gona have to swallow.

I don’t want us to trade any of our picks! I want to save those picks for when we have another star player and he starts acting like a diva and starts requesting help.

D-rock, Denovo and napalm06 like this.
  13. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Some logical leaps were taken to make this a thread.

D-rock likes this.
  14. CHAMPBOY

CHAMPBOY Member

Trade Wall to Clippers, draft Cunningham and then trade for Lavine from Chicago......give up 2 FRP this year and 1 next year, and involve Martin and House....what do you think?

15. BallaDoc

BallaDoc Member

The perpetual cycle IMO is desirable when you have a young team with cap flexibility if it keeps netting you draft capital. Whenever your teams ready to go the nth player down the cycle of trades would be cap filler to obtain role players then.

16. topfive

topfive CF OG

Delusional CF: "Even though we're the worst team in the whole damn league, I'll bet we can trade our albatross-contract player, someone even WE are dying to get rid of, to a playoff team for some usable assets!"

D-rock and YOLO like this.
  17. rpr52121

rpr52121 Sober Fan
    Supporting Member

There is zero reason to take on Porzingis and his contract. Rather pay the $10 million extra a year to be done a year early. Plus in the 2022-23 season, he becomes a huge expiring contract.

If the Basketball gods favor the Rockets, and they found some young pieces in the next 2 young drafts, that (and Gordon's expiring in 23-24) making adding some vets much easier.

Also, if Tilman had any business sense whatsoever, he already took out an insurance policy on Wall when they did the RW-Wall trade to blunt the financial impact and that has a higher chance to pay out than policy on KP.

18. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

No, no, and HELL TO THE NO!!! First there is no way in hell this trade happens but Lavine is not a star. You are not winning with him. You also don't give your future to rid yourself of an albatross when you are the WORST team in the NBA. MAYBE by next trade deadline Wall can be dumped with 2 2nds for a poo poo platter. Teams like the Clippers, Heat, Lakers, Nets, and the Knicks have no future assets so if they want some help they have to take distressed assets for their poo poo platter of leftovers. Heat wanted Dipo for this reason. Knicks are best chance to get rid of Wall. Outside chance the other teams are even interested let alone willing to move on Wall. Next to Kemba it is the worst contract in the NBA.

19. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

They gonna love wall in Orlando!