1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Movie] The Conjuring: The Devil Made Me Do It

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by GRENDEL, Apr 22, 2021.

1. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Warner Bros. Pictures has released the first trailer for “The Conjuring: The Devil Made Me Do It,” the third main entry in the overall ‘Conjuring’ universe (and eighth overall).

Patrick Wilson and Vera Farmiga return as paranormal investigators Ed and Lorraine Warren in the film and their fight for the soul of a young boy takes them beyond anything they’d ever seen before.

The case marked the first time in U.S. history that a murder suspect would claim demonic possession as a defense. Ruairi O’Connor, Sarah Catherine Hook, and Julian Hilliard co-star in the film which has been dubbed the biggest and darkest entry in the franchise to date.

Micahel Chaves (“The Curse of La Llorona”) helms from a screenplay by David Leslie Johnson-McGoldrick and story by James Wan & David Leslie Johnson-McGoldrick.

“The Conjuring: The Devil Made Me Do It” opens both in cinemas and on HBO Max on June 4th. It has been rated R for “terror, violence and some disturbing images”.

https://www.darkhorizons.com/trailer-the-conjuring-the-devil-made-me-do-it/

#1 GRENDEL, Apr 22, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2021
  2. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

• Blatant ripoff of Avengers Infinity War, obviously
    • Tell me more of this series and why I should watch it
    • I guess I've been married to a librarian/half-Amish lady too long. The psychic in the schoolmarm getup does it for me.

GRENDEL likes this.
  3. GRENDEL

[​IMG]

jiggyfly and Xerobull like this.
  4. OmegaSupreme

OmegaSupreme Contributing Member

So what's the verdict? As good as the previous two or nah?

Edit: It was ok. Better than any horror movie over the past year, but that's not saying much. Beginning and ending definitely had Conjuring vibes, but pacing and scares seemed off throughout the rest. I dunno.

#4 OmegaSupreme, Jun 4, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2021
  5. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I hear good things about this

Rocket River

6. OmegaSupreme

OmegaSupreme Contributing Member

every time...

Lorraine Warren: *trembling*... "I don't know if I can handle evoking this spirit of this dead person."

Ed Warren: "Don't do it, Lorraine! I can't live without you!"

Lorraine Warren: *Evokes spirit of dead person, encounters a demon, and screams* "It was so dark, Ed. How long can we keep doing this?!?"

...a hour and a half later at the movie's conclusion...

Ed Warren: *Comes face to face with demon and almost dies*

Lorraine Warren: *Swoops in to save the day with the power of the Lord and love* "Ed, I love you so much. So much that our love banished our evil enemy back to hell for the umpteenth time."

Ed Warren: "Yes, Lorraine. The only way that we can continue to do this is if we got... got... "

*a light-skinned, bald dude walks in*

Dominic Toretto: "Got Family?"

But seriously... Just remake The Nun for Christs sake.

7. GRENDEL

Watched it this past weekend, thought it was ok but not as good as the first two.

Biggest issues was that the story was pretty weak, the real life story they use is pretty interesting but where the fictional portion goes is kind of goofy. I didn't find it scary at all, mainly because that kind of religious horror has been done so many times by much better films....

C+