1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

My prediction on Luka.

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by jiggyfly, Jun 5, 2021.

1. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

It's like some of these posters got interested in the NBA when Harden became a rocket or something. To say Lebron never displayed egregious body language they obviously aren't aware (let alone watched) game 5 of the 2010 celtics vs cavs where even Cavs fans accused Lebron of quitting on the team. He scored 15 points, 6 rebounds, 7 assists, 3-14 fgs in a pivotal game 5 not taking any shots or playing with any effort. I mean his spokesman... err... news reporter... Brian WIndhorst had to publicly say Lebron didn't quit lol. This is just the most famous example too.

Everyone even Lebron has flaws and makes mistakes, but he succeeded despite those flaws by either fixing them or overcoming them. Luka as great as he is, still has a lot to improve on... and that's scary for the rest of the league.

2. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Not to say your other points were/are wrong, but I think this one point was wrong. They lost game 7. He played very well, and he said at his presser nearly all of the right things, including that he was "proud" of this team, etc. Anyway, no blowup that I could find.

jiggyfly and lakersuck2 like this.
  3. jnuge90

jnuge90 Member

I didn’t read through the whole thread, so forgive me if it’s been posted but….

Luka is eventually going to get angry at these first round losses and get into prime shape physically and mentally as he gets older.

To me, he could be in much better shape and should focus on explosive weight training/free throws this offseason.

If he channels his frustration accordingly….

Watch Out

4. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Jontro likes this.
  5. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

I'm ready for Lukamania 2021-22

6. varughese.arun

Luka, as much as I'd like to hate him bc he a dallasass... is amazing. He will win a championship.

7. YOLO

YOLO Member

8. juanm34

juanm34 Member

My Prediction- He will retire a Rocket….

Jontro, Duke Fan and dmoneybangbang like this.
  9. King1

King1 Contributing Member

C'mon now lol

10. RedIsen

RedIsen Member

It does bother me how much fans and journalists fawn and write love letters to this guy, but he has the talent and fanbase to become the face of the league after LeBron.

He's got to get his mentality in line, learn to lead, and make it out the first round though. Perception and narrative are starting to turn on him. I really don't think Porzingis suddenly became an unplayable scrub. If you're the anointed leader of your team, and one of the most talented do-it-all players in the league, you should be able to get your 7'3 all-star teammate into a rhythm and involved.

Its also hilarious watching Mavs fans realize their team is turning into the Harden Rockets.

"I like free-flowing team ball, but giving the ball to Luka is the most efficient play!"

"We just need to surround Luka with shooters and defenders"

"He's not as efficient late in games/doesn't play defense because he's so tired doing everything on offense!"

jiggyfly likes this.
  11. TimDuncanDonaut

Is Luka is too solid for this weird Mavs era. He and Dame be getting their long time coaches fired.

#71 TimDuncanDonaut, Jun 7, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2021
  12. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

http://www.espn.com/espnradio/newyork/podcast/archive/_/id/3634017

13. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Just call me

Negrodamus.

14. LukaMVP

LukaMVP Member

as good as he is, i agree that the lack of leadership may turn out to be an issue for him. guy is relatively young and hope things will get better with the growth of his age & experience. or maybe he'll turn out to be a white and fat version of durant im not sure.

jiggyfly likes this.