1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[EC Semifinals] (2)Brooklyn vs. (3)Milwaukee

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., Jun 4, 2021.

?

Nets vs. Bucks

Poll closed Jun 5, 2021.
  1. Nets in 4

6.6%
  2. Nets in 5

9.2%
  3. Nets in 6

51.3%
  4. Nets in 7

13.2%
  5. Bucks in 7

7.9%
  6. Bucks in 6

10.5%
  7. Bucks in 5

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Bucks in 4

1.3%
  1. HL3

HL3 Member

Aim hax.

2. HP3

HP3 Member

HAAAAA. You mean the 73 win team that had a hurt Curry,Iggy, suspended Draymond??? Just admit that you dont know ****. All the numbers favor Curry. Lol catching up, imagine being this ignorant about your own team and the NBA in general. Also remember that in that Toronto finals Klay and Looney were also injured. He's been proving he's better. You just dont know what you are talking about.

bmelo and hakeem94 like this.
  3. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

Ah sorry, I never meant my post to imply posters who are rooting against the Nets are Harden only fans or haters. It only narrowly applies to fans who have suddenly switch their rooting interest.

Also I should specify, its not meant to be a knock to be players only fans. I myself follow players more than I follow teams nowadays (in all sports). I was just agreeing with humorous nature of conflicting rooting interest.

rpr52121 likes this.
  4. Asian Sensation

They’re considered better cause they came thru in the clutch when it mattered and that’s the way history was written. You’re acting like Harden’s teams weren’t talented and or like he didn’t have plenty of opportunities to come thru when it mattered. Maybe if he did come thru just one of those years you could put him in the same discussion as KD, Curry etc.

5. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

i had barely processed the fact jeff teague was on the bucks before that 3 he took almost shattered the backboard.

6. HP3

HP3 Member

He wont be part of it though? That's the thing. They are beating the better team in Miluwaukee without him. And if he's out for awhile and they still have success, than of course he's going to feel a way about it. Its just that nature for a competitive athlete. Im not saying Harden cares about being the best player but he would absolutely care if they went all the way or really far without him.

7. HP3

HP3 Member

Yea written by people who dont actually do analysis or examine context. People stacking teams mean nothing to you, got it, we are done here lol.

8. Asian Sensation

So when Harden joins a stacked team you want to crown him as the best player so he gets all the glory like it’s NBD. Spoken like a true Harden only fan.

J.R. likes this.
  9. Nick_713

Nick_713 Member

It's already season #8 for Giannis. He still isn't a consistent threat from the perimeter. As @Reeko points out frequently, he has a very ugly game. Only reason he even has two MVPs is because the biased-ass media despises Harden.

When playoff time comes, he can't do as much because teams usually pack the paint, and he is still a liability other than bully-ball drives and dunks. The fact that we even question who is their "closer" is in itself a huge indictment against Giannis. When games get close, there is a good reason the ball is never in his hands, because defenses still don't respect him as a jump shooter.

It's ridiculous how he (and Dame, as well) get no slander when they repeatedly come up small year after year. The most glaring showing was two years ago vs Toronto. When they lost 4 straight after starting up 2-0, every time the games got close, he barely saw the ball. He's a front-runner; he chokes under pressure when things get tight.

Reeko, RustyHarden and rpr52121 like this.
  10. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

Maybe it was the week layoff or that MIL choked under pressure, but this was a game they should've won. Lopez and Giannis were dominating the paint. They were 24-35 fg combined and the Bucks grabbed 15 offensive rebounds to the Nets 6.

Even more damning, Harden went out after the first play! They didn't have to deal with the matchup nightmare he presents AND irving/durant weren't even there usual efficient scoring selves.

If the Bucs lose this series, they need to fire coach BUD and Giannis needs to change position to center because he's not winning in the postseason as whatever position he is playing now.

11. Mr. Space City

12. i3artow i3aller

13. HP3

HP3 Member

If you are the best player on a super team you get the most credit. Ask Lebron.

14. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

KD talking like Harden about to be out forever.

Rocket River likes this.
  15. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

stop living in your feelings. Harden couldn’t even get past a KD-less Warriors.

16. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

It just ain't fair. Even after you lost your best offensive player, you still have two 30-point scorers, a 48% 3pt shooter, and a former 20-point scorer in the starting lineup.

yoeddy likes this.
  17. rpr52121

rpr52121 Sober Fan
    Supporting Member

I completely understand the hate for the media's coverage of both of them. I just find Giannis a likeable personality and player, that I can't hate him. You can't blame him for how the media portrays him. Dame seems to trying to recreate a Kobe like persona, which just really work with his limited playoff success like you said.

I just don't think they use Giannis correctly. Other teams with dominant big men like Philly and Denver have more traditional sets and philosophies. Bucks do that sometimes, but almost like as a change up instead of their main set. One thing that I have been wondering, if if Giannis and the Bucks actually have an ideal roster for a new-age triangle offense. They would obviously have to replace Bud, but it may work.

Nick_713 likes this.
  18. HardenVolumeOne

no harden has been playing like the nets best player all season, their defensive rating and offensive rating( espcially) get insanely better when he is on the court. thats why in the playoffs with this 5 game sample size he is breaking box score records. harden is more impactful than curry. harden has a usage below 30% and is still statisically the best player in the playoffs.

im still waiting on ben taylor to make a new video on youtube

19. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

I like Giannis and his game and thought his MVP were deserved and correct. He was on the best team, had the best record and had debatably the best statistical season. Just look at the previous precedent of how the MVP has been awarded. He's an amzing player with freak size and athleticism and still only 26.

That said, he's getting some or a lot of "hate" here because Harden fans are bitter about the MVP and the rivalry with Harden. He gets a lot of legitimate criticism because despite his incredible regular season success, his failures in the post season has been equally glaring. Yes he is only 26, but once you win back to back MVP, the benefit of the doubt is gone.

Jordan, Lebron and other greats who hadn't won the title started getting heavy criticism at about this point also. IMO Giannis needs to start playing center to maximize his strengths. Imagine Giannis at center surrounded by 4 skilled player. Dude is huge and a walking running mismatch.

BeBreezy, JayGoogle and JumpMan like this.
  20. HardenVolumeOne

giannis is a flawed player, who lacks basic fundmamentals, he isnt even the closer on his team