1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

My prediction on Luka.

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by jiggyfly, Jun 5, 2021.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I am on Euro time, I can't really watch him that much but the way the Mavs started out this year.

To make it to 5th spot, that was a small miracle.

At some point they had the same record as the Rockets, just 1 or 2 spots higher up.

2. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

Recording statistical performance, such as avg 30 points, 10 assists, triple doubles, a high TS%, 50 40 90 are all statistical milestones one accrues... ie achieved... hence accomplished...

Luka at 22 years old has accomplished/accumulated/achieved (whatever word you're happy with) more than but a few NBA players (at the same age) in the history of the game. This is just a list from 2 years ago prior to turning 20. The author chose the word achieved. https://thesmokingcuban.com/2019/02/28/dallas-mavericks-2019-luka-doncic-achievements-before-20/ Here's one from a 5 months ago. The author used accomplished. https://www.star-telegram.com/sports/nba/dallas-mavericks/article249523695.html

I along with many others are certainly impressed by it, but again YMMV

Downtown Sniper and tochiee22 like this.
  3. Reeko

Reeko Member

Luka is already better than most of those names and will end up being better than all of them…they might have better teams now, but that might not be the case down the line

he is young, he can mature

hakeem94 likes this.
  4. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Did you miss the op?

Did I ay any time mention his personal statistics or denigrate them.

I talked about him winning a chip and team accomplishments.

I said what I had to say and I am not going down this semantics road with you.

If you want to say his statistics are accomplishment more power to you.

5. jayland

jayland Member

A machine does not want. It simply executes its programming to destroy all opponents.

[​IMG]

6. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Your right he can mature, but with him being a pro for so long I have my doubts.

Yes he is better at scoring than those guys but I don't know if that will translate to winning at the highest level.

We will see.

7. Reeko

Reeko Member

not just scoring…the way he can run a team and impact the game exceeds most of those guys already, and will probably exceed all of them in a few short years

he was a pro, but he was also a kid, and even now he’s only just 22

King1, daywalker02 and hakeem94 like this.
  8. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

Never stated or even implied that you mention or denigrated Luka's personal stats. Only reason I explicated about personal stats was because you quoted me and questioned why I viewed Luka as having accomplished "a ton."

I personally view individual statistical achievements as accomplishments thus why I clarified that question for you. I think he's done a "a ton" for a 22 year old and will eventually win at least 1 championship barring injury/etc... which was my thoughts on the topic. Its tough to win a chip so its not a foregone conclusion... and whether he does or not remains to be seen.

9. TimDuncanDonaut

Harden was less peanut butter chunky at 22.

[​IMG]

Luka Ba-Donkadonkic

B-Bob, RustyHarden and hakeem94 like this.
  10. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

This.
    The only recent NBA superstars i've seen control the game as much and at the same level or higher is Lebron and Harden. Other players like WB and Wall and Trae may have dominated the ball as much or more, but they didn't positively dictate, impact and control the offense like Luka, Lebron and Harden has the past few years.

11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Dude, that is the scary part, he was still part late teenager.

12. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

Only concern I have is his level of focus, discipline on his fitness. He's still super young so he's able to somewhat overcome his subpar conditioning, but it could be limiting factors in the future.

I do think his complaining and whining and attitude is a problem, I just dont think they'll be a big factor of whether he wins the title. I mean look at lebron lol.

13. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Yeah let's look at Lebron he never did that at this age and he never had conditioning issues.

Lebron has never been accused of having a attitude problem.

14. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

Whatever criticism people have of LeBron, that freak if nature is dedicated to his body, health and fitness to level that can't be hated on.

Regarding him not ever having an attitude and complaining issues, I'm going to have to disagree. Hes had a ton of criticism (some deserved some not) for his behavior and attitude for his first stint in CLE.

JumpMan likes this.
  15. SunsRocketsfan

Dude wtf is the OP smoking. If there was a draft redo every single exec is taking Luka number one.

Aware and Downtown Sniper like this.
  16. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

I'm going to hazard a guess and say there's just a tad of a Mavericks bias in your theory.

Because: A) you must have never watched James Harden play if you think you've never seen body language worse than Luka.

On to that point, I actually noticed yesterday Luka admitted and putting his hand up when he made mistakes that were entirely his fault. Try and find clips of other superstars doing that.

If he wanted 'to get his for accolades' - why does he stand back and watch his teammates take rebounds that are within arms reach of him? Why doesn't he not just try his hardest, but heck try even a little to grab those 5 or 6 extra rebounds a game?

That comment is all the more bizarre when Luka clearly was looking to get his teammates involved down the stretch yesterday as opposed to taking another 37 shots.

Very weird take.

blahblehblah and RustyHarden like this.
  17. lakersuck2

lakersuck2 Member

This thread is gonna be the reverse "'Rudy Gay on KDs level" thread. Can't wait for the bump in a few years.

18. apollo33

apollo33 Member

He's going to be the best player in the league by a long shot in a year or two once this generation ages.

He will win multiple chips imo barring injuries

19. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

He needs to get in shape to ensure a lengthy career. Tom Brady is in better shape now than when he was a rookie. Taking care of your body does wonders for success/longevity.

If Barkley had played in today’s era, he’d be getting the same sort of criticism earlier on. Bird used to drink beer in the locker room. Was simply a different time where the fitness aspect wasn’t necessarily stressed, and certainly wasn’t a year-round thing like it is now. Guys used to just get by on their god-given talent and eventually their body would break down after a decade.

Luka can do anything he wants right now. He’s young enough that his body will allow him to not make any firm commitments, and he’s definitely getting by on a ton of god-given talent. If he takes fitness seriously, the league better take notice... he’ll be the best player for the next 12-15 years.

B-Bob, TimDuncanDonaut and JumpMan like this.
  20. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

I'm a big fan of Luka but that infamous Brady nfl combine picture when he was getting tested for the draft that was making the rounds recently is probably the NFLequivalent to Doncic's current NBA physique lol.