1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[WC First Round] (3)Denver vs. (6)Portland

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., May 21, 2021.

?

Nuggets vs. Blazers

Poll closed May 22, 2021.
  1. Nuggets in 4

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Nuggets in 5

28.6%
  3. Nuggets in 6

33.3%
  4. Nuggets in 7

23.8%
  5. Blazers in 7

4.8%
  6. Blazers in 6

4.8%
  7. Blazers in 5

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Blazers in 4

4.8%
  1. J.R.

J.R. Member

Damian Lillard: Obviously Where We Aren't Isn't Good Enough To Win Title

"I mean, we didn't win a championship, so obviously where we are now isn't good enough," Damian Lillard said. "I don't know what a shakeup looks like or what changes will be made or could be made, but obviously as is, it wasn't good enough. We came up short against a team without their starting point guard and shooting guard (Will Barton and Jamal Murray). ... Obviously, where we are isn't good enough to win a championship if it's not good enough to get out of a first-round series with two of their best three or four players not on the floor."

"For our season to end on our home floor is disappointing. That's as far as I am right now," Lillard said. "I'm not thinking about none of the other s--- like change or whatever, man. We'll see what happens, but I haven't even thought that far out."

"We didn't make excuses and we still don't make excuses. Disappointing ending, this isn't what we wanted, but we don't hang our heads. Just came up short," Lillard said. "We didn't do what was necessary to win a series and gotta keep fighting, keep working and keep coming back to battle. Regardless of how it ended, we're always going to have our heads held high, have class and go about it like real warriors. We lost, they were the better team, congratulations to them. It's back to the drawing board for us."

D-rock likes this.
  2. D-rock

D-rock Member

hakeem94 and DeBeards like this.
  3. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

Blazers targeting Jason Kidd I always thought he would be a good hire.

4. WestendMassive

Wow they didn't mess around

daywalker02 and D-rock like this.
  5. ico4498

ico4498 Member
    Supporting Member

JVG's name keeps popping up as a coaching possibility. has he expressed a desire to return?

6. YOLO

YOLO Member

MDA and dame dolla pairing :eek:

7. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Stotts is the scapegoat for no D Lillard. Lillard is fantastic on O, but he hardly ever makes any effort on defense.

Zboy, D-rock and plates300 like this.
  8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member