1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    Where will the Houston Rockets pick in the 2024 NBA Draft? We're watching the NBA Draft Lottery results live on Sunday, with the room discussion starting at 1:30pm CT. Come join us!

NBA Draft Lottery - LIVE!

Breaking 1-06-21: MAGA terrorist attack on Capitol

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by RESINator, Jan 6, 2021.

1. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

So they could bring in Kamala with a martyr's mandate?

No one broke the ten yard line with Obama and people sure as hell expected it.

I'm assuming smarter cons rather have a potentially senile gaff machine while they marinate people's dislike or distrust of the veep.

But this is Trumplandia so wtf knows...

2. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

area 51?

3. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

The issue I see is Trumps base is different than the Tea Party which was mostly Evangelical driven. Trumps base has much less to lose in life and there are many many men in his cult that are at their wits end in life and these cult communities are really it for them.

It’s really dangerous how similar Trump has coalesced a radicalized following in the way a Middle East terrorism network would develop to a tee. Find people who are at their wits end in life. Give them community. Give them visions of grandeur. Give them vague calls to action to commit violence on behalf of the cleric who will reward them.

Its sooo eerily similar to what we see in the Middle East that it’s scary. The tea party folks like my grandparents had so much more to lose in life as semi wealthy Christians who don’t even go over the speed limit. Trumps real true blue base though.... I know many of these guys.... they aren’t to be taken lightly in my experience.

4. dobro1229

Also ... i shared the story before of going hunting in Oklahoma with some of the seal team six guys. I’m telling you now... they are scary violent, and 100% in the Trump cult (at least 3 of the 5 that were there). One of them was definitely a nutcase and I was terrified for my life when he got drunk.

Most military folks are not like these wound up nut jobs but the fact that there are people with the skill sets of seal team six out there DEEP into Trumplandia should put nobody at ease.

5. seemoreroyals

seemoreroyals Member

How about area 45 in honor of their one term, twice impeached, unhinged, beloved loser. Take Utah, after all it was the 45th state. Put about a 30 foot wall around it. After all we know how trump lovers love having a wall around them. Put all the Jan 6th traitors, along with cruz, hawley, mo brooks, mcconnell, mccarthy, trump's kids, and the rest of their like minded ilk inside. They can spend the rest of their lives giving praise and paying homage to the absolute worst human being this country has ever produced.

If they start now perhaps we can get through by August. The rest of us can get our sanity back and enjoy life knowing that the scourge known as trumpism is in a place where it will no longer represent a clear and present danger to our way of life for the rest of us.

R0ckets03 likes this.
  6. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

7. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

A common trait of Trump and his followers is projection.

If they accuse you of something, they most likely have done it.

8. Buck Turgidson

Every accusation is a confession

9. Buck Turgidson

Put 'em on a boat to the edge of the flat earth.

jiggyfly and mdrowe00 like this.
  10. dobro1229

Holy crap. Well once again my alarmist overreaction unfortunately is a real thing.

If I can imagine it, the Trumper schemers can imagine it and try to make it happen.

Im 100% convinced that the only reason speaker of the house is being talked about is because they know from history that this is exactly how Putin and Hitler came back into power. These people are corrupt autocrats, and will stop at nothing to destroy democracy so they can rule unchecked.

I cannot believe more people are not alarmed by this.

No Worries likes this.
  11. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Most are not the sharpest knives in the drawer either.

DD

12. Buck Turgidson

"Bagwell should learn to throw left-handed."

DD

No Worries and B-Bob like this.
  13. dobro1229

Nope. They don’t even realize that you don’t actually have to be elected to Congress to serve as speaker. Maybe shouldn’t give them any ideas. Trump not knowing that and running for Matt Geatz’s old House district would be hilarious.

But yeah this is too obvious and talk of it must send shock waves through the Secret Service. I hope to God they are on high alert from one of these idiots thinking this is possible just like they thought they could just storm the capital and overturn an election.

Idiots with stupid plans can actually have some success if nobody takes their threats seriously. We all know about nba trap games here. I hope the secret service isn’t laughing this nonsense off.

#3233 dobro1229, Jun 5, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2021
    mdrowe00 likes this.
  14. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

While I'm not the least bit religious and hate the Jazz, I'm not sure the folks there deserve such a fate. Heck, Mitt Romney is one of the few prominent Republicans who isn't all in on trump's lies and lunacy. trump was in North Carolina earlier Saturday speaking to a crowd of cheering "true believers," busy spouting his same lies about the 2020 election.

Apparently, trump also thinks he's going to be "reinstated" as president in August, a truly dangerous fantasy. Yet there are people here who joke about it. Joke or say nothing.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  15. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Certainly worrisome but Speaker of the House doesn't hold the same power as Chancellor or Prime minister as they are still checked by the Senate and President. Also the skills to be Speaker of the House aren't the same as President and you don't have the same administration. If Trump wins a House seat and the GOP Caucus elects him Speaker I suspect it will be a far greater disaster than when he was President.

I don't see him having either the temperament or ability to run the House. He doesn't have the patience to understand the minutiae of legislation or the willingness to do coalition building. Remember he couldn't even get the Wall Funding passed through a Republican Congress. He certainly doesn't have the temperament to preside over House hearings.

jiggyfly, basso and dobro1229 like this.
  16. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

Zion and Bryce National Parks are pretty nice. Also the skiing around Salt Lake City is outstanding.
    Just like he was supposed to be reinstated on Jan. 20th, and then in March. I'm pretty sure in September we'll be hearing about how he will be reinstated Jan. 20, 2022.

Deckard and FranchiseBlade like this.
  17. dobro1229

What’s alarming to me is that they are so obviously wanting to do this. Wanting to do this is almost as bad as the attempt. If they want power by any means, they’ll find some way to game our system or worse off... just take power by other means where laws are just thrown out the window because of friendlies in the courts and other forms of government.

If you read this and only see it as a story about Trump as a Congressman from Florida in the normal context you are missing the point. It’s not about Congress or being speaker... it’s about a scheme to put Trump back in power through undemocratic means.

Our system only works if both sides are prepared to lose. That’s what the concern is... that the Republican Party has made it clear they are hostile against democracy and are willing to do anything to gain unchecked power.

18. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

I do not think Trump cares about the truth. Trump cares about what he can sell to his base. Thus, The Big Lie.

deb4rockets likes this.
  19. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

Would the idea be that if Trump is Speaker that Biden and Harris would be impeached and removed from office or assassinated? I have no doubt that there are people who think that way but I think that is very unlikely to happen. The bar for impeachment and removal is high no matter which party and even if the GOP have the majority in the House and Senate they won't have enough to remove. For that matter I doubt many Republican Senators would support conviction of Biden or Harris on specious charges or would want to see Trump installed that way.

Assassination is always a concern and especially at this time but with the amount of security around the modern President would be very very difficult to pull off.

I don't doubt that there are partisans out there including maybe Trump himself that see this as a path back to power. I just don't think it will work and I think it will end up being a shyteshow for the GOP caucus.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  20. dobro1229

Yeah I would assume if me and you were in the room with Roger Stone, Steve Bannon, Ted Cruz, Rudy G. and Trump talking about this (Speaker of the House Scheme), you'd probably have the road to getting to Trump being president being glossed over with Trump just fantasizing about getting there.

I think Bannon and Stone would probably be the ones who would gun for a more successful moment like January 6th where people don't necessarily have to die but there probably needs to be a moment of crisis where Biden and Kamala are incapacitated in some form or fashion, and then you'd need the Chief Justice to swear in Trump.... or he could just claim that he's president, and all he needs is essentially the majority of Congress (which could be Republican soon) and the Chief Justice to say that he is president.

People forget that so much of being President is just the majority of Congress, and the majority of the courts saying that someone is president. It's really not as iron clad as you'd think. It's just words on a paper.

So you really just have to imagine yourself sitting in a room with all these clowns to realize that this is exactly the kind of think you and I know they talk about, and scheme about... .AND THEN REALIZE that every single one of those clowns basically controls what 40% of the country says and does as long as FoxNews continues to spout their nonsense.

I think these guys are clowns, and I don't think their plans are good, but they have a ton of power to influence an attempt either way, and with FoxNews the way it is, and how close we are to having a Republican controlled Congress with an influx of Trump judges on the bench, and people like Charles Flynn in high ranking positions in the military.....

...Call me crazy but I am a bit freaked out of what could happen. Not cause these are great planning masterminds, but because THEY MIGHT NOT NEED TO BE in order to destroy this country.

seemoreroyals likes this.