1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Naomi Osaka withdraws from French Open, cites mental health

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by TimDuncanDonaut, Jun 1, 2021.

1. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Wow I don't know how to say this niceley but those are some of the most ignorant takes I have ever seen.

WTF does Iverson have to do with anything?

Marshawn Lynch is as gangster and he had some of the same issues as Osaka.

She did do that.

Nook likes this.
  2. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

There are a lot of equalizing factors in life, like death and illness. This is why it shouldn't be a big deal to us or Osaka to see her walk away.

3. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Elon did.

Bezos dgaf

tinman likes this.
  4. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Money can't buy smoothness and charm

5. JumpMan

You're kinda right, but, and this is just on a personal level, I am not at all interested in speaking in front of of adults, but get me in front of 35 middle-schoolers and I am in my zone. So, should I be able to opt-out of collaborating with other teachers and administrators just because I don't like it and I produce in the classroom? I don't. I gotta suck it up no matter how much I don't like to be bothered with meetings. Just saying.

Slyonebluejay and jiggyfly like this.
  6. Invisible Fan

Deal with it.
    [​IMG]

Nook and VanityHalfBlack like this.
  7. VanityHalfBlack

I don't know man I don't watch tennis. Iverson is the king when it comes to the media that's why I brought it up. You can say whatever you want homey, gonna take a lot to hurt my feelings. .

8. VanityHalfBlack

Well yeah, it's kind of their jobs? You under the limelight, you goin have to speak to the media and why not? **** I would do it and I'm an introvert and anti social but ****, a million dollars for playing sports, I'll run buck naked in the press room IDGAF. Sup?

9. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

If you were fundraising million of dollars for the school district or the Town and were a more than profiecent teacher nobody would care if you opted out of speaking to adults.

It's very telling that you think just because you don't like it and mental health issue are the same thing.

The fact that people in 2021 think it's just a matter of sucking it up is kinda sad.

10. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Iverson is the king of the media?

What the hell does that even mean?

Nobody cares what you would do.

Are you drunk or something or just need some attention?

11. JumpMan

Money isn't everything. But I agree that exceptions are made for exceptional people. So, if somehow a teacher produces millions, then that teacher wouldn't be forced to do certain things. That isn't normal for teachers, though, as it is normal for top tennis players to produce millions.

I have no idea if I have some sort of mental health thing or if it's just how I was made, but I bet I could easily say I have some sort of mental health issue and people would believe me.

It's really not a big deal to not get everything you want in life. If a position requires certain things and you can't fulfill it all, then you move on. You don't have to obssess over it, lust over it, and force the position to fit you. That's true no matter what year we are in.

Slyonebluejay likes this.
  12. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Exactly, so I don't know why you would compare a teacher to a grand slam winner but also if a teacher who was good at their job suffered from a mental disorder that affected them like this a good administration would make concessions for them because the classroom and students are the most important aspects of the job.

I really have no idea what you are saying about moving on, why are you not doing a cost benefit analysis about the importance of doing a press conference for these Tennis tournaments?

Jobs make exceptions for top employees all the time I have no idea why you think somebody has to move on because of this.

13. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

That's what Osaka did...

14. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Short sleeve polo with puffy vest.

Elon dresses better

15. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

I haven't seen a lot of flack. I've seen mostly support for her.

Pro sports depend on fans and sponsorship, which heavily depend on public appearances. That is why I think she owes it to the fans to have media sessions. A player is more valuable as a personality than they are for pure athletic prowess.

16. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Read some of the responses in this thread. :)

jiggyfly and FranchiseBlade like this.
  17. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Anxiety inducing situations like that can literally make it hard for people to breath and hold it together. So much so that the thought of it can interfere with their ability to function. It's not just nerves and it's easy to tell someone to suck it up. But some people are wired in such a way that such an experience is equivalent to walking a tightrope over a pit of alligators.

18. VanityHalfBlack

What you mean what does it mean? Also you quoted me so you do care about your feelings little boy,Why you so mad bruh? Godamn you sensitive little girl, calm yo ass down.

19. VanityHalfBlack

@jiggyfly This dude so mad right now LMFAO.

20. Invisible Fan

They tore her up to make a story when she robbed them of the story of Serena breaking the record. She didnt want to fight back but maybe she needs a pr handler or whatever to cope with something that is guaranteed to happen with success. Serena and her sister didnt have a rosy path with the media either. Its all hugs n kisses now...

She gets a pass this round, but people aren't going to put up with Bang Busses once the awareness novelty runs out.