1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Disney] New Indiana Jones confirmed

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by CCorn, Jan 1, 2016.

1. PhiSlammaJamma

We never get bored of finding treasure although honestly, seems like we should. We don't, Should work. But let the Nazis go and give me something else. Shia has had a handful of moments, but this was not one of them. Get some fresh blood and give them a nod somewhere if they want it.

#141 PhiSlammaJamma, Jun 4, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2021
  2. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Well there are three originals in the trilogy... sooo just start at Ark of the Covenant and watch in order. Stop after Last Crusade. Done.

Yung-T and FrontRunner like this.
  3. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Why is it Harrison never played Jesus in any films? He is a carpenter after all.

Indiana Jones and the Jesus Reveal

In Latin, Jesus starts with an “I”. Watch your step! Jesus!

Jontro likes this.
  4. DFWRocket

DFWRocket Member

Harrison Ford injured his shoulder on the set.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/harrison-ford-injured-while-filming-143912333.html

Even Indiana Jones is susceptible to bumps and bruises. Star Harrison Ford sustained a shoulder injury on the set of “Indiana Jones 5,” requiring the actor to take a hiatus from filming while treatment is evaluated.

In the meantime, director James Mangold will continue to shoot without Ford.

“In the course of rehearsing for a fight scene, Harrison Ford sustained an injury involving his shoulder,” a Disney spokesperson said in a statement. “Production will continue while the appropriate course of treatment is evaluated, and the filming schedule will be reconfigured as needed in the coming weeks.”

The extent of Ford’s injury is unknown, though it’s hardly the first time he’s hurt himself while making a movie. In the past, Ford suffered a serious back injury on “Indiana Jones and The Temple of Doom” and endured leg trauma on “Star Wars: The Force Awakens.”

“Indiana Jones 5” began production earlier this month in the U.K. Plot details for the sequel haven’t been announced yet, though the 78-year-old Ford is reprising his iconic role as the fedora-wearing, swashbuckling archaeologist. Phoebe Waller-Bridge and Mads Mikkelsen will co-star in the latest installment.

“Indiana Jones 5″ has been delayed several times and is currently scheduled to debut in theaters on July 29, 2022. That’s almost 15 years after the most recent entry, 2008’s “Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull,” and more than four decades after the initial installment, 1981’s “Raiders of the Lost Ark.”

Steven Spielberg, who directed the first four films in the franchise, was initially set to direct “Indiana Jones 5.” However, he passed filmmaking reins to Mangold, whose credits include “Ford v Ferrari” and “Logan,” in 2020. Spielberg is expected to remain hands-on as a producer, while George Lucas, who co-created Indiana Jones with Spielberg, hasn’t been officially involved with “Indy 5.”

5. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

I hope this isn't true. Kennedy's SJW feminist crowbar is what put the Star Wars franchise on life support.

INDIANA JONES 5 Rumored To Be Setting The Stage For The Franchise's New Lead - SPOILERS
    [​IMG]
    A very interesting new rumour is doing the rounds about Indiana Jones 5, and we may now know what Lucasfilm's future plans for the franchise are. Needless to say, this could be controversial to some...
    JoshWilding | 9/12/2021
    Filed Under: "Indiana Jones" Source: Mail Online
    [​IMG]
    James Mangold's Indiana Jones 5 is expected to serve as the conclusion of Harrison Ford's time as the beloved adventurer, but what comes next for the franchise? It's hard to imagine it being shelved indefinitely, especially with Disney in charge (which has been the case since they acquired Lucasfilm several years ago).

Now, Mail Online has shared a very interesting rumour that we're sure at least some fans won't be happy about. According to the site, Phoebe Waller-Bridge is being eyed to take over from Ford as the new face of Indiana Jones. Apparently, she plays Indy's assistant in this fifth instalment, but the Fleabag star would then become the franchise's first female lead in future movies.

The site notes that, "Insiders claim Kathleen Kennedy, the Hollywood producer behind the franchise, is keen to make 'big, bold' changes – with few bigger than switching the lead character to a woman." One source adds, "It would be a huge statement, and a great role for Phoebe."

It's certainly an intriguing prospect; after all, the only other real option for the franchise is to either do a total reboot or head into the past with a new actor filling in some gaps in the character's history.

Replacing Ford would be no easy feat for an actor (we saw that in Solo: A Star Wars Story), so someone else taking centre stage makes sense. Waller-Bridge has received heaps of praise for her work behind and in front of the camera, so this could be a rumour that's well worth keeping an eye on.

Jontro and TimDuncanDonaut like this.
  6. TimDuncanDonaut

Phoebe is British. She'd be taking murrican' jerbs.

Kennedy's 2/3 Star Wars main new cast also weren't Americans; Rey, Finn: British.

Sony's treasure hunter Nathan Drake is played by Tom Holland. Another Brit.
    ---
    Kristen Stewart plays princess Diana, this trade seems unfair.
    ---
    On a serious note; Shia Labeouf was originally eyed as a take over in the 4th, until his antics derailed him. The Phoebe choice seems to invite backlash from the nerd culture.

They may been better off casting a no name as the lead. And someone with stuntman/woman experience.

#146 TimDuncanDonaut, Sep 14, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2021
  7. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

why is Disney letting that insane Kennedy woman replace all main characters with young white British brunette women who are all Mary Sues?

Invisible Fan, Jontro and bumbum09 like this.
  8. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

I love Phoebe Waller-Bridge. Fleabag is one of the best shows on TV. Her first season on Killing Eve was hugely awesome. That being said, this is Indiana F'ing Jones. Kennedy's record since being named president of LucasFilms after the Disney acquisition has been spotty.

9. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Bait and switch. Women too lazy to make up their own character or what?

10. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

I'm pretty sure Kennedy is 0-100. The Mandalorian was pretty much 100% Jon Favreau.

We have a lady Indiana Jones. Her name is Laura Croft.

11. FrontRunner

FrontRunner Member

Ugh.

***MAJOR*** Spoilers ahead

‘Indiana Jones 5' Test-Screenings Have Been Disastrous
    November 9, 2022

The rumor comes from YouTuber Overlord DVD who claims his Hollywood spies told him, “While we are still digging into this, we feel it’s time to bring you up to speed on KK and Indy 5. Allegedly, but we have enough to believe some of this, Indy 5 is bad.

He continued, “You know this, but we’ve been told that Disney has test screenings of not one ending, but six different endings and not a one can get a good audience score.”

A little bit later in the video, he shared more of the information he received from his spies, “We’ve been told out of the six endings they tested the best one gets a 35% approval from test audiences.”

“We’ve been told that Bridge put the hat on in every ending,” he added.

Overlord DVD then clarified, “All my spies actually said was Phoebe Waller-Bridge puts on Indy’s hat, takes Indy’s whip, and in a brave and stunning display of girl power she becomes the besest Indy evar at the end of all six version of the movie.”

More god awful sounding spoilers...

Jontro likes this.
  12. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

I just hope he survives another atomic blast via closing a refrigerator door

13. PhiSlammaJamma

CCity Zero and Ziggy like this.
  14. Jontro

Jontro Member

i saw a pic of kathleen kennedy and my hair turned purple

Salvy, Slyonebluejay and Blake like this.
  15. CCorn

CCorn Member

I guess the audience didn’t like the non binary paraplegic Indian Indy.

16. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I didn't know the WHOLE movie was already ready to-go. They showed SO LITTLE at D23. Must've always been bad.

CCity Zero likes this.
  17. Buck Turgidson

I never made it to that part of the movie, it was so, so bad.

Indiana Jones is a Trilogy: prove me wrong.

18. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Cindy Anna Jones.

Buck Turgidson and Invisible Fan like this.
  19. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

Omnes ad stercus, @Surfguy.

20. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

That part was like in the first 5 minutes lol

CCity Zero, Buck Turgidson and JamesC like this.