1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Matt Bullard out as Rockets TV Analyst

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Jun 2, 2021.

1. bumbum09

bumbum09 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

So... Morey, MDA, Harden, Tad, Bill, now Matt are all gone. Who's left?? Calvin? Keith Jones?

Like, WTF is happening to my Rockets?

2. Caesar

Caesar Member

New Play by Play
    Home games JVG and T-Mac
    Away games just Mad Max w/ play by play
    Keep Calvin at halftime

steddinotayto likes this.
  3. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

If only. I'd definitely watch the away games at Portland and Utah at the very least.

Caesar likes this.
  4. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

So is tilman using family members as tv analysts or we gonna get new people?

D-rock likes this.
  5. Sanctity

Sanctity Member

I'm guessing one of his sons or daughters will be trying at their hand at broadcast analysis. This is getting absurd. The legacy of the Rockets will be gone without meaningful personnel.

#185 Sanctity, Jun 3, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2021
    DonatelloLimestone likes this.
  6. Dacamel

Dacamel Member

I want Ted Cruz and Vernon Maxwell to call the games together!

D-rock and napalm06 like this.
  7. Dacamel

Dacamel Member

Like DMO?

payaso likes this.
  8. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

I never said NO say. I was just pointing out that they aren’t the ones making the decisions. That said, can they exert some influence? Yes.

I don’t agree with you on them being the driving force, but I never said there’s zero relationship. There’s a lot of gray on this.

D-rock likes this.
  9. payaso

payaso Member

I can almost hear the repetitive banging of a Little Tykes basketball off the top of a doorway, while we're in that 90s frame of mind... ;)

London'sBurning likes this.
  10. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

lol. Soon the games will just be scenes of the Fertitta family frolicking around with the radio broadcast in the background.

The legacy of the Rockets is already completely untethered to the current organization.

We lost our HOF superstar, we lost every B-level player (except Gordon, who is now injured, lol), we lost our CEO, GM, Coach, and broadcasters for good measure (lol).

And the only positive departure was Worrell, where it's clear why it happened the way it did.

Starting this offseason it was going to be a new Rockets org that we barely recognize (Bullard was just the random cherry on top.)

The only people with direct links to the past at this point are pretty much John Lucas and Keith Jones, plus maybe a couple people in the scouting department that we don't know.

In some ways I'm looking forward to a new broadcast crew for a new era of rebuilding suckitude. I just have no faith.

D-rock and Sanctity like this.
  11. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Welp not like bullard was awesome at his job. Wonder who we're getting.

12. napalm06

Can we at least get new jerseys? That's the one thing we've actually been ASKING to change, and it never comes (except random black/blue/grey 3rd jerseys....)

I feel like we need to jerseys to remind the rest of the league that this is no longer the Rockets as you know them.

BMoney likes this.
  13. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

No, I liked Bullard.

I wish him better.

Deckard, payaso and dc rock like this.
  14. DonatelloLimestone

Would love JVG out there. Proud houstonian and I've seen him at Texans games too. He' came as a coach, became a houston Lifer. Love it

You have one issues. Does tilman show any indication he will pay top dollar for top staff? This is big money nba, no one is taking discounts from an owner like that.

I like stone, I like silas. But we went with rookies which means cheapest available options. Harden saw it, morey saw it, so on. I don't htink tilman's all of a sudden going to splurge on announcers.

We got dollar value Dolan, he's going to keep the Landry's Squeeze on the rockets until he pays off all his debts.

15. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

fwiw: That was when Rockets were on Channel 39, a local air broadcast, not a cable RSN. Rockets were indeed the ones who fired him...for the abuse charges that he was later acquitted of. He wasn't an employee of Channel 39. The broadcast team were Rockets ees. And Tad Brown was VP of Broadcasting.

Deckard, The Cat and D-rock like this.
  16. napalm06

It's not Tilman's staff, it's AT&T's, so I think there's a small glimmer of hope for JVG. I'd be giddy if that happened.

hieuytran and DonatelloLimestone like this.
  17. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

The suggestIon that the regional tv partner is going to make personnel decisions like this independent of the Rockets front office/ownership is laughable. People love getting lost in the maze of accountability, but the fish rots from the head down.

BamBam, BMoney and ApacheWarrior like this.
  18. Rockets4Life13

Reminder that the rockets in KJ‘s shorts are functional.

i agree with you. Bull is a great guy and i would love for him to do what he loves but I’m not really into his commentating.

WestendMassive likes this.
  19. DonatelloLimestone

Do rockets not pay them or have a deal with them at all?
    If so yea that would be great. Would love to have JVG and hopefully we find us a former rocket too. The clutch city fans or any of the history of rockets slowly dissipates into this ladnry's culture and thats scary.

20. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Drat. Hoped you’d’ enjoy said, Danica. Or Dan. Saint, even. But, no...

FLASH21 likes this.