1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Matt Bullard out as Rockets TV Analyst

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Jun 2, 2021.

1. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

There is no culture left with the Rockets since TF has taken control. It's all going downhill.

BallSoHarden and MettaWorldPete like this.
  2. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

Lol, I thought your arrogance with regards to basketball was unmatched, but now you're going to start discussing politics?!

*grabs popcorn*

TheresTheDagger likes this.
  3. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Lol @ "the streets". If there's something [insert political party] people love it's feeling sorry for themselves or victimized.

I'm waiting for more detail from a reliable source. This is an org that just promoted an openly gay man and a woman to high positions recently, and publicly.

I personally liked Bullard, barely, but it does seem that the common response on CFs has now changed from "Bullard is annoying" to "Bullard was OK" :cool:

#123 napalm06, Jun 3, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2021
    bmelo likes this.
  4. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Matt was never great so not that big of a loss. That being said, I don't see them hiring anything better.

napalm06, Rockets34Legend and Bo6 like this.
  5. Bo6

Bo6 Member

bull was a great dude but average as a sportscaster.

6. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Ya we live in a country where anyone who disagrees with you is a commie.

Black lives matter...

"Commie"

Private health insurance is an inefficient system that only exists to create a profit motive for the.middle man

"Damn commie"

Political discourse in this country is a joke.

DonKnock, Dopamine and HP3 like this.
  7. Supermac34

Supermac34 President, Von Wafer Fan Club

Is it possible he was let go just because he wasn't that good? I love Matt Bullard as a Rocket and have fond memories of him as a Champion, but he's always been "meh" as an announcer.

The thing that bothers me most is that one article he mentioned it was a short, terse phone call that let him go. Dude deserves a better conversation than that.

8. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Fertitta

9. Outlier

Outlier Member

How much more do we expect from TV Analysts anyway? People don't turn on basketball to watch/listen to them. Replacing a TV analyst doesn't increase or decrease viewership. This is either a cost saving move or a statement. It has nothing to do with work performance.

10. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Fertitta is an obnoxious loud mouth. He wants someone in that mold "repping" the team. Mad Max makes sense here since he will undoubtedly say some things that will piss people off and draw the ire of many and will probably work for pennies on the dollar at this point in his life. Bull was too passive and complimentary of all the moving pieces on a court as a player himself and may have been too "nice" for the current owner. Sucks I liked his calm and IQ on the broadcast.

cmoak1982 likes this.
  11. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

This to me looks like ATT being cheap. The Rockets are a lottery rebuilding team. ATT probably knows the ratings will be low and want to get cheap broadcasters.

Will Craig and Cayleigh be back? Who knows?

raj87, Dopamine, cmoak1982 and 2 others like this.
  12. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Tilman truly killed the entire organization in a matter of like 2 years lmfao

13. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

I have it in my signature!

14. WiltTheStilt13

Sad! I love Matt Bullard as an announcer.

15. BossHogg713

BossHogg713 Member

Time to move on, time to be strong. Don't stop now, straight to the Top 4 now. --- Diddy Fertitta (I Need a Draft Pick Part 2)

16. J.R.

J.R. Member

17. darksoul35

darksoul35 Member

Dude just seems too puss to have real mafia ties. At least most of those cats had loyalty. He just seems like one that would have snitched and been hit by now.

Jontro likes this.
  18. bmelo

bmelo Member

Tbf rockets announcers are some of the worst in the league. Every ranking i saw they were ranked rock bottom with lakers ones. Putting up mad max would be a lot of fun

19. Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Maybe they let Bullard hang on at Worrell's request. I wouldn't be surprised if we went to a radio TV simulcast like we had with Gene Peterson for a season or two.

bmelo likes this.
  20. Jontro

Jontro Member

i wonder what his family ties are. maybe he has a huge backing as a legacy in his fam.