1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Red Sox @ Astros

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, May 31, 2021.

1. Marshall Bryant

Supporting Member

Reminds me a little of a Dome game.

raining threes likes this.
  2. BonziWellsGOAT

Yeah could have easily been 8-2 in that stretch but its 162 for a reason

jiggyfly, raining threes and cmlmel77 like this.
  3. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

What a pitching perfomance. So many swinging K's today for Valdez.

What a turn around after the frustrating weekend and sweep from the Rangers.

4. Marshall Bryant

Supporting Member

Before the game, I hoped for five innings from Framber today, After the first inning, I hoped for four again. Seven is beyond my wildest expectation. Two innings of shutout ball from our bullpen is just incredible.

5. raining threes

I miss sitting out in the outfield mezzanine area eating free peanuts.

Cheap fun entertainment.

6. Marshall Bryant

Supporting Member

Every cause is important to someone. I don't even like the Julia this and Julia that interruption of the game. Broadcast the game. There's plenty of time before and after play for the cause.

Theking and raining threes like this.
  7. Marshall Bryant

Supporting Member

That's just a conspiracy theory.

8. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

If the moon was made of spare ribs, would you eat it?

9. RustyHarden

RustyHarden Member

How dare you.

10. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Every now and then I get nostalgic about going to dome games... but then I remember sitting in dumb traffic just to pay for parking, only to park seemingly a mile away with a never ending walk (usually in stifling heat, with no shade if a day game), no real ambience or vibe in the parking lot... nothing to suggest a baseball game was about to get started (could have easily been a gun show or a monster truck rally...same non-existent vibe).

Then you get in, the black doors separate the endless upward ramp from the actual concourse. If you had bad seats, you walked forever upwards till you finally found your level. I guess I miss the plush theater-like seats. And there was a distinct smell (popcorn mixed with hot dogs mixed with the recycled a/c...).

Completely night/day to going to a game at MMP with the sea of orange crossing the streets together... and of course once you’re in, not a bad seat (or place to stand) in the entire stadium. I’m sure there’s another team that can claim a bigger upgrade between previous stadium to current stadium... but the Astros have to be up there.

Hank McDowell likes this.
  11. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Jeez, are you serious? It’s freakin ALS... and actually talking to real people/fans who are impacted by it who were extremely thrilled to be at the game, let alone being interviewed.

I get annoyed as any when they bring the promotions lady in for half an inning only to try and drum up ticket sales... but this was not that.

12. Marshall Bryant

Supporting Member

GRETA! Is that you?

RustyHarden, Htown Legend and Theking like this.
  13. Marshall Bryant

Supporting Member

Yes, I'm serious. Talk about it before. Talk about it between play. Talk about it after. But just not during PLAY. I'm not tuning in to see another Jerry Lewis Telethon. I'm tuning in to watch a baseball game.

There is plenty of dead air time in a baseball game without intruding on the PLAY.

14. PuzzledFan

PuzzledFan Member

We had a similar thing early in the year when we were really rolling, and then we played Detroit.

15. Marshall Bryant

Supporting Member

I understand the preference for a single purpose stadium. But the Astrodome was designed as a multi-purpose stadium and there are many huge events which would not have occurred without it, both good and bad. I'd prefer to call it different rather than an upgrade.

But I was really referring to the close game with well struck balls dying in the outfield for outs.

16. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

The Padres and Twins immediately come to mind.

A large plastic box would be an upgrade for the A's, and the Rays, well that's the most idiotic stadium in the league rn.

17. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

I know I would. Heck I’d have seconds. Then polish it off with a tall cool Budweiser. I would do it.

#457 No Worries, Jun 3, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2021
    Marshall Bryant likes this.
  18. Htown Legend

Htown Legend Member

What a performance by Framber. In his first two starts he comes back and faces the Padres and the Red Sox... two of the most potent offenses in the league- and proceeds to throw 11 innings and gives up 2 total runs.

His curveball was absolutely filthy and he’s been dotting corners with that hard sinker and getting weak contact.

Our starting pitching has been marvelous as of late. Hopefully Odorizzi can build off of his solid start last time out and we have Javier to bridge to the back end.

Lets bring out the brooms this afternoon.

19. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Out of 162 games (most of which are televised), you're complaining about an extremely small amount of them in which the play by play is overshadowed by topics like ALS?

You really think it would be better for them to talk, pause for a pitch, talk, pause for a pitch, talk, etc.?

20. Marshall Bryant

Supporting Member

Yes. But if it's such a worthy cause, the sponsors could contribute their commercial time. But it's not THAT important.