1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Movie] A Quiet Place 2

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by GRENDEL, Dec 18, 2019.

1. FrontRunner

FrontRunner Member

Thanks for answering!!!

I couldn't wait; a few minutes after posing my question I turned to Google and found quite a few stories and videos on its production. It looks like they went all out. I know it's crazy, but I like small towns, abandoned buildings and old industrial sites, and will probably watch this just for those reasons. Someday I'll have to spend some time in those parts.

Two Sandwiches likes this.
  2. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

It was a really cool thing to see. The water scene I'm talking about was filmed in a little harbor on Lake Erie. There's a road that runs right by it and you get a good view of the whole harbor from a bluff that's probably 30 feet above the water. From what I could see, there were a couple little boats set up at a little marina/dock type landing and a couple prop boats out on the water. The way they had it lit up was very cool. Made it look like a full moon or super moon on the ocean. My guess is that it's going to end up being one of the final scenes. I hope I'm not spoiling anything.

I drove as close as I could to the set. Everything was set up in this little beach community by this harbor. Tons of trailers and stuff. Tons of production people walking around. I got turned back by police though.

It's really a cool little area for them to film, though. I bet the actors had a good time. There's three or four restaurants right there near the harbor. This place is on the outskirts of a town of maybe 5,000 people. Probably 12 wineries within 30 minutes of the filming location.

Edit: the clip from the first post of this thread might be from the area I'm talking about. I was under the impression everything they filmed was at night, though.

FrontRunner and Jontro like this.
  3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Bluntly exposed.

4. FrontRunner

FrontRunner Member

I'll often stop watching trailers halfway through if it looks like a movie is worth watching because they tend to give so much away, but I don't mind hearing how movies are made one bit, or guessing what might happen. (Real spoilers, like Darth Vader being Luke's father kind of stuff, are not so cool though.)

We've yet to see anything involving the creatures and water, so maybe they're trying to escape to it? They do... and then an even bigger creature comes out of the lake and eats them!? ;)

It sounds like a great movie to be a part of: a cool concept and a really picturesque part of the country. If they do a third up there you'll have to get a DSLR with a long lens and update us.

Two Sandwiches likes this.
  5. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

Not necessary. First one was good. Good ending

Jontro likes this.
  6. Jontro

Jontro Member

agreed. not too interested to see how they survive after jack ryan's death

7. Nice Rollin

Ha that's funny. I see him as halpert

Jontro likes this.
  8. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Good ending?

Why do you think that?

I thought the ending telegraphed a sequel.

9. Nice Rollin

You didn't need a gun fight at the end. You assume she's going to kick ass at the end. It's great how it just goes black and into the credits...I wish the movie get out did the same. Shouldve went straight to credits after he said "I told you not to go in that house "

B-Bob likes this.
  10. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Who needed a gun fight?

My issue is them leaving when they just found a way to defeat the creatures.

there was nothing ambiguous about the ending it screamed sequel.

I don't even remember it going black so that tells you what impact it made.

11. Nice Rollin

She cocks the shotgun and it ends. No sequel required

12. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

What?

No sequels are ever required.

The ending gave clear room for a sequel.

13. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

New trailer... worth the wait.

B-Bob likes this.
  14. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Saw this last night. Great movie and the ending sets it up for another sequel. Pro tip: do not eat nachos or anything crunchy while watching the movie

15. Rox_fan_here

Rox_fan_here Contributing Member

Adding on here as my last post likely got lost in the movie theater thread. I really loved this movie almost as much as the first, in some ways more. Kudos to John Krasinksi for his great work directing. I also thought it was really cool that before the movie started, he thanked the audience for their support via video recording which was a classy addition I had not seen anywhere else.

Much like the first, there were a few scenes that really ratcheted up the tension and my wife was digging her nails into my arm. The creatures had much more screen but it did not lesson the terror, which I liked. This is the kind of movie you go to the theater for. Agree with the above poster, order quiet food. If you're on the fence, go see on the big screen!

zeeshan2 likes this.
  16. Nice Rollin

So the chick will have one deaf child and one blind child (assuming the baby goes blind from all that oxygen). Third one will be interesting, I guess

17. Buck Turgidson

Alright, yall have talked me into it...next rainy day this week I'm going to the theater to check it out.

Kim likes this.
  18. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Saw it last Thursday, really enjoyed it because the direction and acting are all top notch. I will mention that the script is weaker than the first, it falls into some horror pitfalls where characters do stupid things for stupid reasons.

I thought it was a solid sequel but did have some flaws....

B-

19. Clutch City1993

Clutch City1993 Bury Me In The H
    Supporting Member

Would have enjoyed it alot more if the old lady sitting next to me didnt keep throwing her arms and legs everywhere during every jump scare.

Stay at home grandma.

Rox_fan_here and B-Bob like this.
  20. Nice Rollin

Why did you take your grandmother? Isn't there an empty seat in between strangers?