1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bluebell ice cream

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Roc Paint, May 30, 2021.

1. Mango

Mango Contributing Member

Cuisinart ICE-30BC

$91.99 at the moment.

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  2. Buck Turgidson

Nook and Mango like this.
  3. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

BB is a national or at least regional chain now so I’m sure it’s getting its ass kicked in quality.

Growing up BB was the brand for ice cream, sherbet, ice cream sandwiches, fudge/banana pops etc.

I remember my first Coke float with homemade vanilla.

4. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Cuisinart ICE-30BC Pure Indulgence 2-Quart Automatic Frozen Yogurt, Sorbet, and Ice Cream Maker

5. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

True...but HEB isn't on record as having tried to hide an outbreak and generally being a s**tty company.

6. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

Texas two step is really good.

7. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

HEB Mexican too hot chocolate is my current favorite but I can't get it in NM.

I can get Blue Bell and tried their new chocolate sheet cake and was unimpressed.

8. ATXNekko

ATXNekko Member

BB Makes a fantastic Vanilla Cherry Ice Cream. It disappeared for awhile and I happened to find it at another HEB. Not sure why my HEB is no longer getting in stock, but happy to have found it. Its makes really good floats.

9. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I used to be a loyal customer. After the listeria thing, I even tried to go back. But I had gotten used to the flavor and consistency of some other mass market brand and BB never seemed the same after that.

Nook likes this.
  10. Nook

Nook Member

Meh.

Worth a try but Turkey Hill isn't anything exceptional. 7/10

11. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Just waiting for HEB's Poteet Strawberry to come back for the summer. My favorite ice cream of all time.

12. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Breyers Natural Vanilla is really good. We tried it while searching for an ice cream that could be delivered by Amazon during the height of the pandemic. HEB carries it. I like it better than BB homemade vanilla. Tastes very much like a premium ice cream, but at a reasonable price. Makes a great float with Big Red.

[​IMG]

13. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Does anyone know that jingle “you scream...I scream...we all scream for ice cream"? I'm sure you do. Well...that is actually from a song that was written in 1925. And, it's a hilariously bad song imo. Listen to this stupid song if you dare:

In 9th grade, I was in summer school and we were asked to write an "original" jingle to share with the class in ten minutes on the spot. I swear I never ever heard that jingle before and wrote that. So, when I was called on, I spoke it to the class. Everyone got a kick out of it and laughed. Nobody...not the teacher or anyone...said it had already been done. I thought I had just come up with it on the spot. Subconsciously, maybe I heard it somewhere before? Maybe they were using it as advertising back in the 80s? Recently, I know I heard it being used in a commercial. It's probably been used a lot over the years. I assume whomever uses that jingle has to pay to use it. Anyway, when I heard it being used, my reaction was "I wrote that in the 80s!". LOL. I want royalties. ;)

#53 Surfguy, Jun 1, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2021
  14. Buck Turgidson

Well, dammit. Now yall have me thinking about cobbler and ice cream. Blackberry, peach or apricot? is now my quandry.

VooDooPope likes this.
  15. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

Blackberry is the answer you're looking for.

16. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Just got back from the store and the current Blue Bell half gallon deal is "must buy 2 for $3.49 each".

I just can't buy two at a time. I won't do it! If I have that much on hand, then I'll abuse it.

boomboom likes this.
  17. PhiSlammaJamma

To answer the original question, you could send ice cream to the asteroid belt and have it return un-melted, however, upon re-entry, you will have started another ice cream age, as well as the great debate on what licked it while it was out there.

18. dmenacela

dmenacela Contributing Member

Tin roof, Caramel Turtle Fudge, those were the family favorites.

Too bad they don't sell Blue Bell here in LA.

19. Buck Turgidson

I believe you are correct, and I have more of those in the freezer anyway.

Somehow, and I don't really know how after the freeze and ice, I picked 5 apricots off 1 of my trees yesterday, and the peach and plum trees have some fruit on them.

VooDooPope likes this.
  20. Buck Turgidson