1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

STOCK MARKET: Let's talk stocks and investing

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by SWTsig, Jun 2, 2008.

1. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Very nice, I probably should have held my calls a little longer - iirc I was playing risky expiration calls around then so I probably would have been better off pushing the date out (I know I made profit, I think I literally took 50% because of risk involved), definitely agree with you on plan to avoid FOMO-ing. Great move on DNN, hopefully I can actually contribute something on the thread, lately nothing overly exciting on my end.

Ziggy likes this.
  2. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Yeah, that's been what I've been watching for. Trying to watch crypto too..., I need to get more organized... , lately I've been more busy at work and less trading.

3. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

@adoo @Cokebabies thoughts on FRG? This author's track record is good, below looks like really well done research, backed by recent insider buying (latest buy by CEO was 1mil shares at $36). At first i ignored this company cos the earnings was really hard to follow with so many franchises and liberty tax being sold off, but the article helps to put things in perspective.
    https://seekingalpha.com/article/4428217-buy-franchise-group-stock-for-at-least-a-double

latest qtr: https://www.franchisegrp.com/news-r...group-inc-announces-fiscal-2021-first-quarter
    presentation deck: https://www.franchisegrp.com/static-files/280bb1fe-4343-4cec-b213-85e9ae01c70c

4. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

5. adoo

adoo Member

frg has good fundies, but doesn't strike my fancy.

some of the re-opening plays i m considering include
    LYV
    UPS
    MGM
    XAL
    URI​

saitou likes this.
  6. adoo

adoo Member

my motto has been,

keep my eyes on the ball---identifying/executing profitable trades---
    don't be distracted by capital gain implications.​

CCity Zero, saitou and Sajan like this.
  7. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I agree. I don't really care about stuff I can't control much like that, but to some trying to time their sales for tax purposes, it would matter. Of course, not much they can do about it now other than be mad since, if true, it would be retroactive.

8. Sajan

Sajan Member

going to grab a few shares of this. riding this one with my fellow clutchfan lol.

saitou likes this.
  9. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

funny seeing the host's reactions and comments section of a goldbug channel to mr wonderful's enthu for tech equity

10. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

11. adoo

adoo Member

atkr is consolidating / resting on the 50 dma (near its low trading channel)---catching its breath after such a meteoric rise--- poised for another run up, heading to the next ERS in late July

sold a July 80/75 bullish put spread---collecting in advance a premium of $2.35---to partially finance this bullish diagonal CALL spread.

+ Oct 80 strike CALL
    - Jul 90 strike CALL, at a cost of $6.12
    net/net of these two spreads, costing me ~$3.77

atkr closed at 77.20
    Breakeven, at expiration, when atkr trades at ~ 81.67
    my price target is 90+, Max profit is 12.35
    max loss is 8.77, when atkr trades at below 75 at expiration

#16531 adoo, May 29, 2021
    Last edited: May 29, 2021
    saitou likes this.
  12. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

hopefully it gets included into the russell 2000 in june

Sajan likes this.
  13. Sajan

Sajan Member

Fingers crossed. From my readings, there are a few catalysts coming up!

saitou likes this.
  14. Cokebabies

Cokebabies Contributing Member

I'm neutral at best on FRG. American Freight is one of their major drivers of revenue and profit, and I just don't see any growth in furniture/appliance buying in the next 1-2 years due to remote working (people are staying put) and a slowdown in home sales.

Vitamin Shoppe is a cash cow business. The Pet Supplies Plus deal could provide some growth from the pandemic pet boom (I've personally never heard of them). But overall, I don't see enough catalysts for growth to get in.

saitou likes this.
  15. Sajan

Sajan Member

16. Sajan

Sajan Member

Advanced Micro Devices has gained major momentum in recent years with new big-selling chips for PCs, laptops, and servers. Now CEO Lisa Su has won over a high-profile customer outside of the computer industry: Tesla.

AMD processors and graphics chips will be used in the infotainment systems of newly updated Tesla Model S and Model X electric cars, which are expected to go on sale in a few weeks. With AMD's more powerful chips, Tesla owners will be able to play cutting-edge video games in their cars—when they're not driving, of course–and see maps and other items in more detail.

KingCheetah likes this.
  17. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Boom.

18. adoo

adoo Member

don't think there is a correlation there

CCity Zero likes this.
  19. Sajan

Sajan Member

he is long on tesla so he will stretch everything in TSLA/electric car favor.

CCity Zero likes this.
  20. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

This was actually leaked months ago. I think they sell something like 20,000 X’s a year, so I’m not sure what this does for AMD’s bottom line... anyone know? Elon also announced Tesla prices would be going up.