1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Don’t Trust the NBA!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Imanimal, May 28, 2021.

1. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

How soon many of us have forgotten how we were screwed multiple times by the refs/NBA during multiple games against the Warriors in order to fit the NBA’s narrative of having the highest rated series in the Finals. Same thing is likely to happen on draft lottery night. China is still not a fan of the Rockets and they provide Adam Silver’s NBA tons and tons of money. Always have had a trust issue with this league doing things ethically and wouldn’t surprise me if we don’t get a fair chance at the top few picks.

2. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Do you speak Mandarin? You may have to apologize like John Cena did recently.

DeBeards, cbs1507, STR8Thugg and 13 others like this.
  3. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

We have a 52% chance at the top few picks. A coin flip.

How would you determine after the fact whether we received a “fair chance” or not? Unless by “fair” what you really mean is the NBA should just give us one of those picks, which would be the opposite of fair.

4. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

So Cam Thomas at 18?

ApacheWarrior likes this.
  5. hashmander

hashmander Contributing Member

Adam Silver just works for the owners. It's not his NBA.

hakeem94 likes this.
  6. Reeko

Reeko Member

some of y’all are trying so hard to speak the Rockets getting screwed on draft night into reality...just stfu already

7. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

C’mon man....fair is 52% and I’m saying we may have a zero percent chance because Silver is beholden to China and certain teams which the league profits from (e.g. Warriors, who received the 2nd pick last year (of course)).

Swapshop likes this.
  8. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

Yes, planning on 18, 23, and 24 would be wise. Will be interesting because worst record has always historically received a top 3 pick. Just be prepared for disappointment as the league has a recent history with this team that has not been favorable or fair. They’ve got some connection with the Warriors (in my opinion) and they are in the lottery again this year and wouldn’t be surprised to see them steal one of the top four picks.

BallaDoc likes this.
  9. Jontro

Jontro Member

op misspelled "watch" in the thread title.

10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Do not trust them with your Monies!

hakeem94 and Jontro like this.
  11. jchu14

jchu14 Contributing Member

So if the Rockets do end up with a top 3 pick, would you change your stance to that NBA is trustworthy and the lottery is not rigged?

Or would you say something like 'the NBA didn't rig Rockets' pick because it would be too obvious.'.

12. topfive

topfive CF OG

I don't think the Chinese government has anything against the Rockets. We were Yao's team, and that says something to them. They do have a big issue with Morey, but now that he's moved on I expect them to start broadcasting our games again.

13. Sanctity

Sanctity Member

The thing is Houston a huge market that is comparable if not exceeding the Bay Area when at full fan capacity. I just don't get it?

14. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Trust the National (Le)Bron Association? lol never.

15. MaxRider

MaxRider Member

NBA is business. All they care is about money.

Highlyrated, bmelo and hakeem94 like this.
  16. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

[​IMG]
    :eek:

We should be mentally prepared for the worst case scenario...o_O

17. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

If that's what you mean by fair, then there's nothing to complain about if we don't get a top 4 pick (i.e. that wouldn't be evidence of underhandedness).

hashmander likes this.
  18. Mattician

Mattician Member

Won't lie, something about the lottery pick order not being determined live has always made me suspicious.

19. SuraGotMadHops

Haven't trusted the NBA since the inexplicable Clyde ejection in the 95 playoffs, that's when I first knew there's weird s*** going on and non-objectivity. Then I saw the '02 Kings vs. Lakers series and it was confirmed. Then Donaghy, then the Finley two effing feet out of bounds game... by the time we got Foster'd in '18 I wasn't surprised, nobody was really (check tweets from Game 6, several players from other teams made comments along the lines of "here it comes yall") but it doesn't make me any less pissed. As much as I hate the Mavs and anything Dallas, they got effed in '06 against the Heat.

There's corruption in all of sports, top to bottom, which also why I don't give a f*** when teams do unorthodox things to level the playing field (i.e. Astros using tech to steal signs just like their opponents who went unpunished did, and whooping their ass with it).

And yes, why the hell do we not get to watch the ping pong balls live anymore like we used to??

20. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I remember back in the day when conspiracy theorists were in the minority. Those were the days.