1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[WC First Round] (4)LA Clippers vs. (5)Dallas

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., May 21, 2021.

?

Clippers vs. Mavs

Poll closed May 22, 2021.
  1. Clippers in 4

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Clippers in 5

26.1%
  3. Clippers in 6

30.4%
  4. Clippers in 7

17.4%
  5. Mavs in 7

13.0%
  6. Mavs in 6

8.7%
  7. Mavs in 5

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Mavs in 4

4.3%
  1. T for 3

T for 3 Member

When their teams lose, they are frauds. When Harden has lost it’s not his fault. That’s the double standard.

ashleyem likes this.
  2. i3artow i3aller

3. Jontro

Jontro Member

you've been slacking in your game breh. i am disappoint. we must combine our efforts to make this board a better place. also, did you watch the game? i missed it.

4. Clips/Roxfan

Clips/Roxfan Member

If the Mavs keep shooting like this, no one can beat them. This is some serious Josh Smith and Corey Brewer 2015 game 6 stuff...

#124 Clips/Roxfan, May 26, 2021
    Last edited: May 26, 2021
  5. Koperboy

Koperboy Member

Porzingis is easily pushed off his position in the post by smaller players. All he can do is shoot a turnaround jumper against them. Not the best outcome.

He was guarded by Kawhi in both games. Think about it: He's standing in the corner, taking best defender of opposing team out of the action. Remember before Kawhi got jacked up, how opposing team got rid of their defense? Their best player just stood far away from action.

I'm not saying Dallas is doing that right now, but the consequence is same. KP is not very happy with that role and he wanted to do too much by himself in first game, especially trying to dribble against Kawhi. He was more patient in 2nd game and gave Dallas good defense in 2nd half, and good overall offense.

I guess Clippers are so scared of KP because everyone thought Clippers would lose to Dallas in the bubble if KP didn't get hurt. Or maybe not. In any case, Dallas is a very confident team, and whole team's confidence steams from Luka. Remember how he said "If you don't believe we can win, you shouldn't be here" in last year's series against LAC? He's a winner. He got in Clippers' players heads a little.

6. J.R.

J.R. Member

Two Rockets Legends

7. cheke64

cheke64 Member

He was a big fan favorite here I never understood why

SunsRocketsfan, ashleyem and Jontro like this.
  8. J.R.

J.R. Member

“This series is over. This stillborn Clippers era is over. And the Clippers future of the franchise is as bleak of any team in all of professional sports, this side of the Houston Texans. The Clippers and Texans actually have something in common: neither has ever even been to the semifinals of their respective sports championship rounds but that’s neither here nor there.” — Nick Wright

9. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The guy he replaced was insanely bad

#129 tinman, May 26, 2021
    Last edited: May 26, 2021
    Nick_713 and Zboy like this.
  10. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Time for Balmer to move the team to Vegas and rid them of the clippers name

Fantasma Negro, hakeem94 and J.R. like this.
  11. Caesar

Caesar Member

I always thought it was a bad move to keep on with the Clippers name and brand when he bought the team. They needed a full rebrand and it was the perfect time. In Lakers town, you cant take a team with decades of embarrassing and losing reputation and turn it around. They needed something new and fresh. Something geared more toward the minority communities after the entire Sterling era.

Too late.
    Just move them to Seattle and bring back the Sonics- that sounds weird to say now...sonic-s? Supersonic. Seattle Sonic. Sonic-s?

tinman likes this.
  12. lionaire

lionaire Member

We all know PG doesn’t have it but where is the accountability for Kawhi? They were comparing this guy to Michael a couple years ago.

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  13. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I get the strategy aspect of it, but it just seems weak and cheap. Luka yelling he's too small after bullying Beverly is wack when Luka calls for picks so he can bully Beverly. The Clippers want George and Kawhi on him. Go at them who are about your size.

hakeem94 likes this.
  14. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

patrick beverley trackyall man! like he playing defense. He don't guard nobody, man. He just running around, doing nothing.

J.R. likes this.
  15. J.R.

J.R. Member

Does Steve Ballmer still own the Clippers?

[​IMG]

All against the Clippers:

16. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

I guess one of the benefits of being quiet at all times is that people tend to forget about you lol.

17. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

He's so good. I'm an unabashed Luka fan. You pair that dude with a legit 1B to his 1A and they win multiple championships.

18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Carry an Antetokounmpo?

20. Juxtaposed Jolt

Did you watch the game? Your vibe is as if Luka ONLY hunted for Beverley. No, sir. Luka was literally defended by everyone in the Clippers' rotation. And he still scored on them.

0:04, 0:15, 0:45 scores on Paul George.
    0:36, 0:58 scores on Serge Ibaka
    1:07, 1:21 scores on Marcus Morris
    2:11, 2:40 scores on Kawhi Leonard.
    2:30 scores on Ivica Zubac
    3:01 scores on Rajon Rondo

That's 6 non-Patrick Beverley players. PG is a good defender. Ibaka is a good defender. Kawhi is supposed to be one of the best defender. Rondo is a good defender and he's the only one that's Beverley-sized.

If you watched parts of the 4th quarter only, I can see why you thought Luka was just hunting for switches all game. That's not the case.