1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Can Steph carry his own team thread.

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by jiggyfly, Dec 22, 2020.

1. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

you forgot 0 points in the overtime

2. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

I spelled Weeko with a 0 though, that's gotta count for something. Oh wait, 0 doesn't add up to anything.

edit: That's a Weako argument sounds like "that's a weak ol' argument".

BallaDoc and hakeem94 like this.
  3. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

I think that team had only a few if any players who started on an NBA team before in they career...can someone help me with this?

don grahamleone likes this.
  4. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

The main guys:

Chandler Parsons started 57 games when Harden arrived.
    Airemy Lin 25 games.
    Omer Asik 2 games.
    Pattrick Patterson 7 games.
    Pattrick Beverly never played in the NBA, neither had Donatas Motiejunas.

One lottery pick (Patterson was the 14th pick) listed above here, but here are the lottery picks:

Cole Aldrich 11th
    Thomas Robinson 5th

Most of that team was made up of 23rd-29th picks, 2nd rounders or undrafted players. Aka NBA rejects.

Result: 45-37 and playoffs

Oubre, Wiggins, Bazemore, Jordan Poole, Eric Paschall... these are legit NBA players. Draymond Green, Kevon Looney... these guys are champions in your locker room. Why are excuses being made? All these guys listed will have solid NBA careers after this season. Add a great player to this list and you can be a top 5 team in your conference. Add Curry and they're what? Ousted? Yep, ousted is the right word.

Result: 39-35 and ousted (82 game pace is 43 wins)

Weekko has thrown several of their players under the bus that I'd be thrilled to have in Houston. Please give us Wiseman! Rockets would turn Warriors trash into treasure. I wish Weeko was their GM. Add together KJ Martin, Kelly Olynyk, Scoot Porter jr, Jae'Sean Tate and Armoni Brooks with Oubre, Wiggins, Bazemore, Poole, Paschall, Looney and Draymond Green... that's a playoff team. Add them to Curry and they're ousted.

Steph "Ousted" Curry.
    Steph "Two Years No Playoffs" Curry.

When will the ass kissing stop? He's not THAT special. We should be talking about Durant, Kyrie, Harden, Kawhi, Paul George, Damian, Luka, Jimmy Butler, Embiid, LeBron, Westbrook, Giannis, Tatum, Trae, Beal, Gobert, AD, Booker, CP3, Ayton, Joker, Donovan Mitchell, Ben Simmons, Jaylen Brown... not some overhyped has been.

#2664 don grahamleone, May 22, 2021
    Last edited: May 22, 2021
  5. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Reeko, jiggyfly, clos4life and 2 others like this.
  6. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Alternative thread title:

"Wekko takes Massive Ls. Rockets chances of #1 lottery pick in danger"

7. bmelo

bmelo Member

Yeah Harden would carry most teams in rs because he has better endurance and strenght, regular season has a lot of meaning less games where Harden can shoot his shots and the records turns out good on average. If its gym competition its Harden hands down if its basketball game to save your life Curry is head and shoulders above. Dude just averaged like 40 points in two elimination games on shooting percentages not seen on that volume yet yall act like he is ass. Did you even watch game? Some of the shots he made to make it ot are so ridicolous i only seen **** like that in 2k

8. bmelo

bmelo Member

Lol i love Currys game but thats a reaaach, Draymond is like 3/4 of their defense scheme

9. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah I watched both games.

He came up short because he isn't in the playoffs.

10. Theking

Theking Member

11. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

this thread really had everything you could ask for.

epic in scale. an amazing start where the slander was ferocious and frequent. the bad guy striking back with an initial blow. a back and forth act 2 where you didn't know which way it would go. and then a 3rd act where the villain seemingly had the upper hand right until the last minute, only to be vanquished in a climactic final scene.

12. WestendMassive

Any other superstar would be getting cooked for getting knocked out in the play-in but not Steph

don grahamleone likes this.
  13. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Like I said, marketed and manufactured superstar.

Got knocked out by Memphis Grizzlies, led by a 21 year old, of all teams lol

They should just go ahead and give Curry the MVP just for comedy purposes, after all the hype.

#2673 Zboy, May 22, 2021
    Last edited: May 22, 2021
  14. wekko368

wekko368 Member

Yes, but he's offensively inept. In today's NBA, offense is far more important than defense.

15. tksense

tksense Member

Again, curry's entertaining. sports is an entertainment. Entertainment makes $$$. Also, it's not so much a conscious bias, but these folks may be genuinely entertained more by Curry than others.

hakeem94 likes this.
  16. wekko368

wekko368 Member

You really are an idiot, aren't you? What was I wrong about? I've consistently said that GSW has a terrible supporting cast, and I didn't think they'd make the playoffs.

17. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

18. wekko368

wekko368 Member

You realize I'm a Rockets fan, right? I joined Clutchfans before Curry entered the league. Even though the Warriors eliminated us every time we played, there's nothing wrong with appreciating great players on other teams. He's the GOAT shooter and off-ball player. You should try to appreciate it. You'll never see another player like him. You'll understand when you're older.

In any case, the Warriors missing the playoffs isn't painful at all. It was my expectation since day 1. Their supporting cast is simply too weak. If anything, this was the ideal scenario....Curry proved his doubters wrong, and I was proven correct about everything.

19. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

Did you not watch the Rockets Warriors series? Draymond dominated Capela in every aspect of the game and made him obselete. If they had switched teams the Rockets woulda beat the Warriors.

Not to mention Capela is also useless offensively in today's nba.

hakeem94 likes this.
  20. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member