1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. HOUSTON ROCKETS STREAM
    We're watching the Ime Udoka and Rafael Stone press conference now, reacting to their comments

Ime Udoka and Rafael Stone Press Conference
    Dismiss Notice

NBA Game Action : Play-In Tournament Thread ELIMINATION Round

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by DreamShook, May 20, 2021.

1. Juxtaposed Jolt

Both things can be true though.

The Rockets could be trash and unwatchable, and @Reeko can still want a high draft pick.

DatRocketFan and Reeko like this.
  2. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

You cant be pro tank and complain that the team is trash. The goal is to be trash. where is the debate?

hakeem94 likes this.
  3. Reeko

Reeko Member

Yes I can. I am pro-tank because there is no other choice, not because I’m a fan of losing and love seeing us get beat down every night.

4. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Curry and other Warriors players falling down on every single 3 pt shot down the stretch was so comical. Kerr, Curry, and Greens loser faces gives me so much pleasure. What a great Friday night!

5. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Imagine being pro tank and at the same time rooting against tanking in the same year. couldn't be me.

6. Reeko

Reeko Member

What part of I’m pro-tank out of necessity do u not understand? Stop trying to play dumb with me

7. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Nobody is playing dumb, bro. You are pro tank and hate the team for losing. i get it.

hakeem94 likes this.
  8. Reeko

Reeko Member

u still don’t understand...man, move along

9. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I understand, man. pro-tank out of necessity who doesn't like to watch losing.

that's everybody here.

hakeem94 likes this.
  10. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Memphis tanking won't even matter.

Willing to bet Ja and Zion already talking about what big market team they are going to take their talents to in a few years.

hakeem94 likes this.
  11. noize

noize Contributing Member

The biggest winner here is Wiggins. Thank you again Wiggin...a former number one pick btw.

Congrat to the Grizz, fun team to watch and root for.

12. Reeko

Reeko Member

bet if her mic was still on after the Ja interview, we would’ve heard a lot of expletives and complaints about Memphis winning

the media and NBA HQ is not sleeping well tonight

hakeem94 likes this.
  13. Magicsaint

Magicsaint Member

Team is trash is emotional talk as watching your team lose can suck. Pro tank is the logical talk. We are far more emotional creatures after-all especially fans.

14. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Dunking on Curry without Harden as Rocket feels hollow. It's no fun for me. I feel nothing.

KelvinCato13, CriscoKidd and hakeem94 like this.
  15. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

respectfully dream i beg to differ... never pro tank....the necessity is only an excuse....and I don't even mind watching losing, if you play the right way, you hustle etc i dont even care what the final score is

Magicsaint and JayGoogle like this.
  16. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

lionaire likes this.
  17. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

You know how I feel about it.

Also, the argument against tanking isn't even "You can't draft a star!" That wasn't the argument. The argument against tanking, not only from me, but people that's been through it...is that your team gets so used to losing that you'll never build anything and you won't keep your star player. That you build a losing culture that you might never get out of.

Memphis is in a great spot, so it might not matter...but here's the thing right...where do they get that 2nd star at? People coming to play in Memphis and play with Ja? Do they have another losing season (or two) to get that player...and will Ja be cool with that? What about all the teams that 'tanked' and didn't draft a player like Ja? That work out for them? If tanking is such a surefire strat, why don't the grizzlies just do it to get Ja another young star player to grow with? Why are they busting their balls to get the 8th seed and get knocked out in a 4 or 5 rounds...wouldn't it just be better to tank and draft another player of Ja's caliber???

The anti-tanking argument is a pro-winning culture argument. If people can't see the benefits of that, of being an organization that people know wins, then I don't know what else to tell people. There are certainly benefits to that. It's not like Miami was always a destination franchise, it became that way because people know Riles will make moves to keep the team contending...and it's not like the Knicks were not...this Knicks season where they've made the playoffs did much more for their franchise than all of the previous 'tanking' seasons did combined...and it's thanks to someone they didn't even acquire by tanking...and I remember being mocked for saying the Knicks were on the right track.

Tanking is just a crapshoot, maybe you get lucky, maybe you do not, and with how the lotto is set up now you don't even have to tank to get great draft picks.

CriscoKidd and hakeem94 like this.
  18. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

BEAUTIFUL, THANK YOU!

19. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Pfft losing culture. U folks acting like it was the Rockets plan all along to tank. We r just sht and our record is a reflection of that.

We can debate back and forth about tanking and anti tanking. What jaygoogle doesn't mention is all the teams that tank and got a franchise player over the years. For a franchise that just lost a great Hall of fame player this is the move.

Losing culture pffft.

I rather we r remain sht until we get a franchise player then proceed from there.

20. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Pelicans picked the wrong dude