1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Poll] True Rockets Fan Roll Call 2021

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by s3ts, May 19, 2021.

Tags:
?

You a real Rockets fan?

Poll closed Aug 17, 2021.
  1. Yes

87.1%
  2. No, I dunno what i'm doing here

12.9%
  1. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

OP trying to be our dad, and shlt, for liking the tank

2. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Funny poll choices. Yes, I am a fan and I dunno know what I'm doing here.

don grahamleone likes this.
  3. Adiano-Malko

Adiano-Malko Member

Of course the real fans in here..hell yeah foooking right, hell yeah..I just wanna take a moment and laugh at the bums who tried to get a following like ivergoat, swaggy, and wilupton..lowest of the low imho

s3ts likes this.
  4. TimDuncanDonaut

Among friends, who is more real?

5. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Been here at Clutchfans since 1999

But only just became a fan when we FINALLY signed Justin Patton.
    Wait, huh? I might need to pay the sub for balcoholics secret info....

(But seriously I think one can be a true fan, cheer for the tank, think Tillman is tight, and dream of ping pong balls falling right- again!)

don grahamleone likes this.
  6. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Why more divisiveness? Arent you all satisfied with it being in virtually every other aspect of our life nowadays? This place is supposed to be a sanctuary. Why attack other ROX Bros? Why create some lame ass totem of fandom?

If you loved Harden and are now a Net fan - I aint mad at ya!
    If you love the ROX and wanted them to tank so that we could become relevant again as quick as possible - I aint mad at ya!

Life is too short for this petty bullshit.

Jontro, BamBam, ico4498 and 2 others like this.
  7. rpr52121

rpr52121 Sober Fan
    Supporting Member

This is not rock bottom. Rock bottom is still following a team regularly when they have done nothing for over a decade.

This brings up something I have been wondering. Yes, championship or bust makes sense for owners, coaches and players, but does it really make sense for fans?

For fans of most major franchises, you will likely have 1 or 2 championship windows during your fandom of 60 years. Yes some franchise are luckier, richer, or favored by the powers that be to increase those odds, but teams like the Rockets and Astros don't fall into those camps.

The thing about being a fan though is that you remember all those non-title teams -- those moments and players. The people in you life who you watched those games with, family who went to games with you, Clutchfans poster you debated during great games. If anything your fandom will be filled by way more moments of those seasons and teams than the title teams. There is also a regularity to being a true fan, a consistency, a dependability. Unless you unlucky enough to be a fan of a team that folds (Comets) or moves (Oilers), there will be a next year. That hope and concept of just keep moving forward is underlying soul and ethos of being a true fan.

I know this is a bit rambling, but it makes one wonder if a cycle of tanking/championship is the best for the experience of being a true fan. Not saying that 20 years of mediocrity is better, but some balance is the probably the best. If anything I'd say the Rockets over the past 40 years have maintained that probably due to incredible luck. This is still very early in the tank process for the Rockets, so we just have to see how long this drought period will persist.

#67 rpr52121, May 21, 2021
    Last edited: May 21, 2021
    Dobbizzle and Easy like this.
  8. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

LOL ... Love how some posters define their fandom by their join date. This 99er schtick only proves that you’re older and that you had the good fortune to find this site earlier than others!

Your join date doesn’t make you a bigger fan or a better poster, continuously saying it doesn’t make it true!

Not hating, just stating facts! Truth be told, I wish I would’ve found this site 4yrs earlier just like you did....I would’ve had 4 more years of enjoying this site!!!

I, like @Dr of Dunk, abstained from participating in the poll .... I don’t have to prove anything to anyone.

(P.S.) I was in favor of the tank, Coach Silas is a MAGNIFICENT b*stard! ;)

Go Rockets!!!

ApacheWarrior and Verbal Christ like this.
  9. s3ts

s3ts Member

Not trying to be your dad. Didn't know I have to clarify that **** to you. Perhaps you just act like a child without anyone else really triggering the behavior.

10. s3ts

s3ts Member

Honestly I thought this poll would bring people together. It didn't take long to throw shade at each other, at me.

If you're a fan, just freaking vote yes and it's that simple. If you're feeling rebellious, fine, I'm not shutting anyone up.

Verbal Christ likes this.
  11. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

I’m in a tank!

Easy and ApacheWarrior like this.
  12. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Wtf are you talking about? Still here. And I see so much talk from people that are here every day about how we need to continue the tank for at least two more years. Seems like the whole premise of this thread is false.

13. ico4498

ico4498 Member
    Supporting Member

you can't lead with that and then follow with this ...

doesn't compute.

BamBam and Verbal Christ like this.
  14. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

its been a jacked up year for all of us. Fake or Real does it really matter in the end? Passive aggression in trying to expose or expound your own fandom is just chasing the wind.

Kind of hard to bring people together with a post full of loaded words and ideas. Just sayin'. To each his own and if you post brought you some relief in venting your own feelings then at least it achieved that. No worries.

Go ROX!!

Edit: This is the year we needed PenisClubber the most!!!

ApacheWarrior likes this.
  15. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

I miss Holic, there I said it.

We need more talk about how Thon Maker and Zhou Qi are the future of the NBA.

Ahead of his time. Entertainment value was priceless.

BamBam likes this.
  16. iJHolmes

iJHolmes Member

true fan here but after the season record losing streak I maybe watched one or two games since. Still support tho.

MONON and s3ts like this.
  17. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

He's on Twitter somewhere shouting into nothingness. Tweets like 10 times a day with his fake insider tidbits to his 0 followers. It's actually sad.

ApacheWarrior likes this.
  18. cheke64

cheke64 Member

I've been here since the Mo Taylor days. This a breeze cause Rafa hits gold everytime

19. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Lighten up, dude.

20. Lurch

Lurch Live Wilder.

I’m a true rockets fan but this board has become unbearable for the most part. Not worth sifting through the childishness and arguing for the few knowledgeable basketball takes most of the posters actually bring forth.