1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Stone/Silas Press Conference

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., May 18, 2021.

1. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

Ugh...what a time to be a Rockets fan.

The EGo noise is just noise. EGo wants to compete in his final years.

John Wall is only here until the Rockets find someone to take him. Quietly, it's been said that House wants out. (But, that rap career is not going to work)

And, the problem is that free agents are not scrambling to come to Houston any time soon. James, Russ, Trev, Tuck and so many more have let it be known what went down in Houston. And, rightfully so.

Kelly has been a nice surprise, and KPJ obviously is going to have the keys at some point, if the Rockets are smart enough to keep him. We all know the issues with our owner, his political standing and how legends like MDA and Morey escaped as soon as the implosion was obvious.

CWood has great potential. I don't think it's smart to view him as a franchise guy. It's not even close. But unfortunately, there have already been rumblings of moving him while his value is high.

I'm hearing that our roster may have only one or two familiar faces next season: KPJ/CWood*

Wish you well.

2. DonatelloLimestone

This is the part I don't get it

Whats the plan? Does anyone have video to clear up the context of this?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

Can't believe anything they say.

That's not necessarily a bad thing though.

Even though Morey was highly entertaining, he was a little too transparent imo.

Tillman still needs to STFU though.

AroundTheWorld and Rudyc281 like this.
  4. jch1911

jch1911 Member

Good to see you, broski!

5. DonatelloLimestone

Yea I think we all scratch our heads to hear Wall and EG being paired in as our future, but then again we've got to at least try to create some value for them. Al horford got traded, maybe special things can happen. We've already learned some gymnastics to get under the cap, I think if we unload those contracts even without a better player, as long as we don't use or lose assets/picks, then that would be a relief. Next year is still holgrem mode and bates, hs players. We got the biggest day in June 22nd and the youth movement is rolling. The offseason is a breath of fresh air

CriscoKidd and Rudyc281 like this.
  6. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Thanks as always Cod. Wishing you good health.

7. Reeko

Reeko Member

Cade or Green or we’re fcked...that’s all I have to say

8. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

CodGod - IF ROX secure top 4 pick who is YOUR guy ranked in order of potential for THIS team?? (Cade/Mobley/Green/Suggs)

clos4life and Rudyc281 like this.
  9. J.R.

J.R. Member

10. desihooper

desihooper Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Thanks, @Codman, hope you are well too!

Regarding the part quoted above, is "what went down" something other than the organization catering to Harden and his whims (i.e. the CP3 trade) only to have Harden run off Russ and then want to leave as well?

Speculating here, but I thought the Fertitta-Harden advocated, resource depleting trade for Westbrook along with the penny pinching around the luxury tax is what started the ripple effect of Morey and MDA wanting out.

rkh-dog and Rudyc281 like this.
  11. dmoneybangbang

It’s going to be a rebuild. It’s unfortunate Tilman has used the Trump media playbook of BS, along with some of his policy positions.

The casual rockets fan who doesn’t go to Clutch Fans or Rockets sub Reddit needs to hear there’s a chance to compete. They still need to sell tickets and merchandise.

sydmill likes this.
  12. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

We should send Bill Worrell. It would guarantee that we get a #1 pick

:cool:

13. Nook

Nook Member

This is how Tilman has ran the Rockets. There is something said by someone to appease every fan.

hakeem94, slothy420, BMoney and 3 others like this.
  14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. Nook

Nook Member

[​IMG]

16. desihooper

desihooper Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Isn't Charlie Thomas' daughter the good luck charm that won both Sampson and Dream coin tosses? What's Stevie Franchise upto on 6/22?

17. Russjr2

Russjr2 Contributing Member

Thanks Cod, hope you are doing well these days.

I could see someone reaching out to us for EGo to give him a chance to win in his last couple of years. I think he has value off the bench for a contender.

I wouldn't mind House being moved. These young guys have taken his minutes anyway and look to offer more upside than he has.

If we get a top 4 pick I think that will put us in a really good spot going forward. I hope we can keep C Wood and Kelly O. I think another year with the core group would be good.

sirjesse likes this.
  18. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

Silas was handed these players and had to YouTube them instead of getting actual scouting reports? That's ****ing insane to still be able to have them work with KPJ, KJ, Tate, etc.

Damn, now I want him more to be my coach when he has an established team.

BMoney and xiki like this.
  19. thekad

thekad Member

Stupid Harden making Fertitta sell off assets to get under the luxury tax!

20. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

there is one way, and one painful, controversial way, stretching him. Otherwise, the man is here until the trade deadline. Of ‘22, at best.

Corrosion likes this.