1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

TX mask mandate lifted soon?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by TWS1986, Mar 2, 2021.

1. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Amazing what President Biden's vaccination roll-out accomplished.

DVauthrin, Andre0087, cheke64 and 4 others like this.
  2. SuraGotMadHops

Bahahahahahah man that is rich, he didn't inherit that rollout at all.

3. SuraGotMadHops

If Biden's rollout was responsible, than why would he slam reopening since "his" rollout was so effective??

4. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

So what do you expect me to trust everyone around me

5. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Because the % of vaccinated at the time was still very low. The speed has ramped up since then.

The Gov. did it to distract from ERCOT.

Ubiquitin likes this.
  6. SuraGotMadHops

Or the TX Govt forecasted that the increase in vaccinations was imminent and reacted accordingly.

If you think TX lifting the restrictions was used as a distraction tactic, then the national restrictions being lifted are a distraction tactic from the crappy jobs report. Both notions are equally ridiculous, or both are 100% true.

7. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

8. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I get the feeling. Last week I walked into a grocery store without a mask as a complete brain fart. No one told me anything even though I was literally the only person without a mask and it's Massachusetts. But liberals don't like making scenes because they aren't nearly the narcissists that conservatives in this country are so they just kept to themselves and didn't tell me anything. Half way through my shopping I realized I didn't have my mask and immediately left my cart and walked to my car and got my mask. Boy I felt embarrassed. Even though no one confronted me, I thought how many bystanders thought I was some dumbass right wing MAGA self labeled Libertarian who has a "don't tread on me" sticker and posts Jonathan Turley op eds on basketball forums daily. Uber embarrassing.

quikkag likes this.
  9. SuraGotMadHops

"We don't make scenes" from the party that participated in and encouraged coast to coast non-peaceful protests, burnings, and assaults.

10. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

There was no political party that did that. Show me the evidence. I'm not talking about debunked Facebook Memes.

11. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

I'm not saying conservatives don't cause scenes, but what fantasy world are you living in?

12. fchowd0311

There is something inherent with conservatism in this country where you have a collision of two things within an individual that causes them to make scenes: Low skilled labor with little accomplishments in life and severe narcissism. These two forces create a situation where many poor or lower middle class conservatives will make scenes in public when a private business tells them to do something like wear a mask indoors where they will start screaming about their freedoms and how no cashier is going to tell them to wear a mask. It's the hill they chose to die on because they have nothing else in their lives to express their narcissism with so their only path is creating a scene claiming how they aren't "sheeple" and are unique and special.

Hence why you never heard of a story of a person being beaten or shot because they didn't wear a mask but you'll see multiple stories of people being shot or beaten especially fast food employees when they tell a narcissist conservative to wear a mask.

#732 fchowd0311, May 18, 2021
    Last edited: May 18, 2021
  13. fchowd0311

Reality. How many brodozers with giant Biden flags do you see around? I live in Massachusetts and for every 10 MAGA flags I see, I see one Biden bumper sticker. Just another small anecdote of the boisterousness of the modern conservative. And that's Massachusetts. I couldn't imagine the ratio in a state like Alabama or Tennessee.

14. SuraGotMadHops

They’re not gonna stop […] this is a movement I’m telling you, they’re not gonna stop. And everyone beware, because they’re not gonna stop, they’re not gonna stop before election day in November, and they’re not gonna stop after election day […] and everyone should take note of that on both levels, that they’re not gonna let up, and they should not, and we should not. - Kamala

AOC posted a graphic with recommended gear when participating in protests, including heat resistant gloves, and disabling location/face recognition on your cell phone.

I can't believe anyone can say the protests were a Left movement with a straight face. The "nuh uh, no it didn't" attitude in the face of undisputed truths is quite shocking.

15. SuraGotMadHops

I saw way more people beaten, and killed, during Lefty marches. I saw cities burn to the ground. Do you have amnesia??

16. fchowd0311

So are you saying MLK wanted riots when he said "riots are the language of the unheard"?

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  17. SuraGotMadHops

Kamala said that during the midst of violence. MLK always advocated for peace.

18. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

There is nothing in that advises and supports violent protests. Protesting might make some folks uncomfortable. That doesn't mean a political party supported violence and rioting.

19. SuraGotMadHops

Context my friend, saying those words in the midst of coast to coast violence means something. Get real.

20. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

Biden Leads Trump—In Online Searches for Yard Signs

http://www.nyu.edu/about/news-publi...-trump-in-online-searches-for-yard-signs.html

Based on your logic, can I make the case that liberals are more likely to "cause a scene" because they appear to be more interested in displaying signage in their front yard? Nah, that would be idiotic of me.

When you talked about causing scenes, I thought you were talking about things like stopping traffic on highways or shouting down diners on city streets. You know...actually making a scene as opposed to displaying a sign.