1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rate the last movie(s) you watched

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ClutchCityReturns, Jan 26, 2009.

1. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Watched Becky 6/10

Kevin James was good as a baddie

I like a good turn the tables flick and the daughter does a good job but to many things made zero sense.

It also tried to be too clever.

The bad guys would have killed the fiance and her kid right away and especially when she started mouthing off, it really took me out of the movie considering James was supposed to be who he was. And the Hero turn was not done well at all.

TimDuncanDonaut likes this.
  2. TimDuncanDonaut

Wow never seen Kevin James done this kinda role.

jiggyfly likes this.
  3. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

Watched the Michael P Jordan Amazon Prime movie Without Remorse last night. I liked it. Good acting, effects, and such, but did feel like it was missing something. He needed to kill more people lol

jiggyfly likes this.
  4. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

If anyone is in New York, this is well worth seeing. From 1969, La Piscine. It’s been that long since I’ve seen it, and I’m hoping it will eventually make it to Netflix or one of the other streaming venues. “Beautifully restored in 4K,” it’s a “slow burn thriller” inhabited by four beautiful creatures at a St. Tropez villa with a swimming pool. At Film Forum in New York in French, with subtitles, starring Alain Delon, Romy Schneider, Maurice Ronet, and Jane Birkin.

8.75/10

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  5. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Watched Crawl I only picked it to see Kaya Scodelario and she was good, she should be in more stuff.

The movie was a meh and even for this type of movie had too high of a bar of suspension of belief, the main character should have been killed in the 1st 30 minutes.

She survived multiple bites from giant crocs and never lost a limb.

I usually can overlook stuff like this but this was over the top.

6. Buck Turgidson

Check out "Oxygen" on Netfiix soon.

French flick, sci-fi and claustrophobic and interesting, you'll remember Melanie Laurent from Inglorious Basterds.

Here's a teaser, don't watch trailers.

GRENDEL and Deckard like this.
  7. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

Songbird

Total trash from start to finish. Thankfully only 90 mins of trash.

1/10

8. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Greenland. 5/10

The brazilian chick from deadpool is so damn gorgeous. Terrible actress but her looks saves this movie from dipping below a 5.

9. PhiSlammaJamma

Warrior. 9.10. Solid performances by everyone.

10. Buck Turgidson

If you like that kind of movie, I'd highly recommend

[​IMG]

GRENDEL likes this.
  11. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Wow!

12. Buck Turgidson

Run (2020): very good thriller, tense, creepy, great ending scene.

13. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Remember randomly watching this on Netflix a few years back, pretty impressed overall. Concept and execution were well done...

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  14. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Watched The Father today. I can see why Anthony Hopkins won best actor for his performance, and why Olivia Coleman was nominated for best supporting actress.

I rate the acting 10 of 10, but not sure how I would rate the movie. It's a disturbing, horrifying, and a sad look at someone experiencing dementia.

#9174 deb4rockets, May 18, 2021
    Last edited: May 18, 2021
    jiggyfly likes this.
  15. conquistador#11

"Ready player one" 7.8/10
    I liked it more than I thought I would. Homeboy brought out the DeLorean to the race and I was sold!
    Everything that is awesome from the 80s and 90s is referenced.

Bono, mikol13 and don grahamleone like this.
  16. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Those Who Wish Me Dead (0/10)

Hear me out. It's still worth watching, it's just terrible. First off, Angelina Jolie looks like trash the whole movie and her character is largely unlikeable even though I think they wrote her as an attempt to be likable. The failure of this attempt is what makes this such a beautiful movie.

It's got Jon Bernthanl from the Walking Dead in it, Nicholas Hoult makes a great bad guy, Finn Little is a Hollywood newcomer and did a fantastic job in his role. Aidan Gillen is in it from Game of Thrones (Lord Baelish) and Tyler friggin Perry too. There was enough quality in this film that I thought no way it sucks, but it did! Angelina Jolie absolutely ruined this film and it was fantastic! She smiled when she shouldn't, stared at things for too long, did things that were completely unnecessary, her character is either crazy or she is but perhaps both? Whatever was Jolie-ing on, it was very confusing. At one point fire spread downhill going like 50 miles per hour which physically doesn't make sense. They also spent the night in a mountain stream and no one got hypothermia! It was awesome trash, but to have trash television with Angelina Jolie as the star? That was so beautiful. The acting is some of the worst I've ever seen and I worked with Diora Baird. People die and you don't care that it happened, huge plot holes are never sewn back into the plot, the purpose for the whole film was ignored and it suddenly ends. I can't begin to tell you how wonderful this was.

Tyler Perry is about the most popular thing going in America right now and they somehow got him to say yes to this hot garbage. It's unbelievable. Please watch it and tell me what you thought. The terribleness of it all is really worth sharing. If you love film and occasionally like to put on a B Film to laugh at bad filmmaking, put this on... you won't regret it. A List actors submitting to this movie... wow. Loved it. Can't recommend this enough to true film buffs.

17. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

"Back to the future"

This film holds up decently.
    A few things-
    Why are marty and doc friends in the first place?
    I imagine its because marty is a random kid that housesits?

Marty trashes doc huge amp and then laughs it off. Thats only something a lover could get away with? Why is he so comfortable in an old mans house. He is in high school. Marty may not be into incest but does he have a little of the ghey?

Einstein is a dog that is a puppy in 1955 and yet is a 30 years old dog in 1985? Im thinking large breed like that einstein must be more like einstein 4.

I forgot how a large part of the movie is a long music video for huey lewis but I admit Im a sucker for the power of love. Song STILL in my head love it. That alone is worth 1 point.

All this nitpicking is not fair to the idea that it is a good film and ibtl approved

8/10

#9177 IBTL, May 22, 2021
    Last edited: May 22, 2021
    FrontRunner likes this.
  18. conquistador#11

"Critical Thinking"- 6.6 /10 I watched this on Starz. It's basically about a team of minority NERDS!!!!! laying the smack down on the elite schools at chess.
    Good film to watch with the teenage son. The cliches all hold true in this underdog story.
    I was rooting for the inner city school until they acquired the Cuban Durant of chess. Felt they could have finished a couple of the characters storylines.
    "It's chess not checkers mother f'er!" was a very memorable line

19. Buck Turgidson

I Want A New Drug is by far his best song from those days....

IBTL likes this.
  20. Buck Turgidson

Only problem is that @B-Bob, really, really loves this song.

As he cruises around the Bay.

In his red sportscoat.

jiggyfly and B-Bob like this.