1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What’s With All The Wall Hate???

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Imanimal, May 16, 2021.

1. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Busted.

2. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Thread is Tainted now

burlesk and lakersuck2 like this.
  3. vick

vick Member

Are you kin to him?

4. Garner

Garner Member

That is good with me. I'm not trying to start ****, so please don't think i'm looking to start some forum pissing contest. Legit didn't understand, based on your first comment, what you were suggesting. It read as "i like guys when they play for houston, even if i don't like them before and after". you only provided examples of that scenario. with the second comment, there is a bit more context.

all good.

ApacheWarrior likes this.
  5. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Sorry Garner, apologies. You have always been good to me.

Meant to write you an instant message early today saying such. Been working all day.

Still working on take home work, as we speak. Just logged in as I'm taking a short break.

Os Trigonum and Garner like this.
  6. Garner

Garner Member

We're good! love your perspectives!

ApacheWarrior likes this.
  7. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Likewise.

For the record I do give Houston players the benefit of the doubt for the most part; but my
    patience does have it's limits.

For example I'm not a fan of Evan Mobley; but I will give him more than a chance to prove his
    worth if he becomes a Houston Rocket.

Personally I've had my reservations on Kenyon Martin Jr because of his shooting. Throughout
    the season I've been consistent with the "jury is still out". I'm not a believer that young athletic
    leapers will take the time to work on a jumper. Kenyon has somehow done it during the season.
    In my mind I had him as a wasted pick......my mind is eating crow. He is a keeper now.

I my defense, I suggested trading Westbrook for R J Barrett this past summer. I was blasted
    because of his 32% or 33% (3P%) shooting last season. Not the leaper Kenyon is, so I felt he
    could take the time and get with a shooting coach. Posted he could possibly get up to 35%
    from 3. I think he was shooting over 40% from 3 this season.

So these young kids are spending the time to improve their three point shooting. They know
    that it's a 3-point driven league. I don't get all my critique's correct; but I feel I get most of
    them close.

Your insight on basketball is top notch in my opinion. Keep up with the good posts.

fckbandwagons and Os Trigonum like this.
  8. Bo6

Bo6 Member

the selfish thing is even worse when you think about he has 80 million + left on his deal and he's taking shots away from guys that need to get paid to just stay in the league.

9. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

It is the lazy way - instead of actually thinking it is "Ok Boomer" or "Hater this and that".....they are just intellectually lazy.

DD

napalm06 likes this.
  10. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

Thank you for this, Corrosion. OP should just rename this thread to What’s With All The Wall Contract Hate???

chadyang likes this.
  11. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Now its a party.

burlesk likes this.
  12. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I completely agree. But you'll never catch me saying Boomers aren't irrational and intellectually lazy too, just in different ways. :cool:

jiggyfly likes this.
  13. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

He is 45 mil a year and will probably never even play more than 40 games a season. That is what is with the Wall hate.