1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Will James Harden be left off an All-NBA team this year?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by HardenVolumeOne, May 17, 2021.

1. wekko368

wekko368 Member

Voters should absolutely consider the fact that Irving played 54 games this year while Harden played 36 for Brooklyn.

2. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

What is the NBA media?

Zach Lowe is not a part of the NBA.

The narrative matters in all parts of the media.

3. HardenVolumeOne

Their is a difference between being snubbed and flat out robbed. A snub is something like Damian Lillard not making the all star team those years in the west because their wasn’t spots. A robbery to me is flat out when you are blantantly looking to not vote a more deserving person over a less deserving because you don’t like them. Like klay Thompson i believe in 2019 having horrible advanced defensive metrics and making all nba defense that year while having the 3rd worst defensive box plus minus for guard to ever make the team since 1990.

the media has had it out for harden for years. You remember when shaq and tnt gave harden shaqtin a fool mvp. Harden is the only athlete that is in the top 5 of his sport of the 4 major sports in America to be publicly embarrassed like that. And how those guys at turner like Ernie Johnson and Reggie Miller always diss harden. The media’s character assasination of harden goes way back to 2014.

harden has made strides as a defender over the years even posting solid defensive numbers his final years in Houston. But because curry hasn’t made an all defensive team. They won’t vote for harden. Everytime harden gets a lead the media has to snub him to bring him back to currys level.

harden has been robbed of so many player of the month and player of the week awards I have lost count. Their is definitely a bias when it comes to harden and their has been for quite some time

#63 HardenVolumeOne, May 17, 2021
    Last edited: May 17, 2021
  4. HardenVolumeOne

zach Lowe is an nba voter so technically he is apart of the nba. What you think they have guys off the street voting on these awards. Zach Lowe has a platform which he uses to talk all things nba related

the term narrative is associated with storylines which is associated with pro wrestling. I’m not saying the nba is the wwe, but the other 3 sports do not use narrative to determine who wins what.

5. HardenVolumeOne

kawhi played only 51 for the clippers. At what point does it even matter. Their were injuries to pretty much everybody this year. Why just punish harden unless you are biased

hakeem94 likes this.
  6. photojoe

photojoe Member

Honestly, if this was Harden being robbed of an All NBA selection when he was with the Rockets, I would be upset.
    But now.. meh, honestly don't care.

7. wekko368

wekko368 Member

Isn't competition amongst guards much stiffer than competition amongst forwards? And Leonard played 52 games.

Remember, Harden played 36 games for the Nets. There's a big difference between 36 and 52.

8. HardenVolumeOne

Kawhi played 52 games for the clippers and finished 36th in real plus minus. This was not really one of kawhis better seasons. Luka finished 28th in rpm, all through yesterday warriors/grizzlies broadcast I was hearing how excited Doris Burke was that steph curry finished 1st in rpm. Harden finished 8th overall. So is this a stat we are using now or what. I see pretty much everybody in top 10 with some exceptions made Zach Lowe’s all nba except harden. And rpm takes hardens 8 games in Houston into account as well. You can’t separate that

hakeem94 likes this.
  9. wekko368

wekko368 Member

Again, if you're taking Harden's Houston games into account, he's clearly undeserving. Regardless of his numbers, he was a cancer for us this season. I'm not sure how I can be any clearer about this.

PeterKingX and hakeem94 like this.
  10. HardenVolumeOne

but we got worse when he left and the nets who were just 7-6 before the trade finished 2nd in east, removing a cancer should improve your team, not make us worse and make another team better

pippendagimp likes this.
  11. wekko368

wekko368 Member

Again, when you trade a player of Harden's caliber for pennies on the dollar, your team will get worse.

Why are you having so much trouble understanding this very simple concept?

12. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

No technically he is not.

Anyway let's actually see if he is left of the actual team before we get in a snit.

HardenVolumeOne likes this.
  13. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

Clear you hate Harden

14. wekko368

wekko368 Member

I'm actually quite objective. It's common knowledge that he was a cancer for us this season.

PeterKingX and hakeem94 like this.
  15. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

and I thought the media is liking Harden now that he is off the Rockets a big market star

16. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

prominent people getting things they don't deserve is exactly how life works.

17. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Voters don't look at plus minus stats, I mean, most of these voters are talking heads that cover multiple sports, they don't have that much time. They just go by narrative and opinion, it's not a science, it's just who they feel like voting for.

Want to know why a lot of people like Curry/Lebron over Harden? Harden isn't as marketable as either of those guys, that's honestly on him (and I personally don't care, he is who he is...) but who he is isn't as marketable as smiling family guy Curry and Lebron and how much he does to market himself.

Harden is a baller first, he's not trying to be hollywood like Lebron and yes that doesn't help him when it comes time to vote for stuff because media love media friendly athletes but I don't think Harden is being robbed in this case.

Simply hasn't played enough games. I'd only have him on there as a courtesy to the success of his Nets team and him being the MVP of that team...otherwise I honestly wouldn't mind many other players in there over him for this particular season.

All-NBA is irrelevant to Harden at this point in his career. He needs championships to grow his legacy (although for me personally he's already proven enough to be an all-time great)

18. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

NAILED IT...theres no way around this except voters bias...

imho lowe is well documented rockets and harden hater and thats why i stopped listening and reading him few years back...

pippendagimp likes this.
  19. HardenVolumeOne

harden gets viewers, he is a very underrated ratings draw. Hardens games with Houston were routinely some of the highest rated games of the year. That’s why we always got so many Christmas games

and right now I believe since the harden trade the nets are for the first time in their history beating the Knicks head to head in tv ratings

#79 HardenVolumeOne, May 17, 2021
    Last edited: May 17, 2021
    hakeem94 likes this.
  20. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Kobe Bryant and Shaq don't have many MVPs as Lakers.

Steve Nash, Derrick Rose, Russell Westbrook were MVPs

MVP is overrated because of Media having low IQ, Nike biased

The NBA don't want James Harden as a Image for them a bearded guy, that goes to strip clubs and parties. Well that is LeBron James and Michael Jordan.