1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Will James Harden be left off an All-NBA team this year?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by HardenVolumeOne, May 17, 2021.

1. HardenVolumeOne

the trade was considered a great value for the rockets. they got first rounders from now to till the end of 2027, dont blame harden for tilman not wanting to add salary. He didnt want jarrett allen or caris levert, had dinwiddie been healthy he would have been apart of he deal per reports. Tilman just wanted expiring contracts, thats not hardens fault

#41 HardenVolumeOne, May 17, 2021
    Last edited: May 17, 2021
  2. wekko368

wekko368 Member

And that didn't help this season at all. You asked how the Harden trade led us to the worst record in the league. Now you have your answer.

I blame Harden for the CP3/Westbrook trade.

3. HardenVolumeOne

the nba media is apart of the nba. No other of the 4 major sports does this consistently happen to their great players. The nba is the ONLY of the 4 major sports where it seems narrative matters more than giving the right person their just due. Like this season alone proves me right, steph curry will most likely finish top 3 in mvp voting as the 8th seed. This only strengthens my theory of harden winning mvp over giannis if you swap curry and harden on the rockets that year. Curry would have had the narrative with the 30 point streak( similar to this year) and he would have had the wins and stats.

People are going crazy for curry having a great year this year, but according to 538 RAPTOR Based model, curry is not having a better year than any of harden last 3 seasons. So why all the celebration for curry as an 8th seed but harden was not rewarded like he should have beenm and thats with an mvp. This media bias goes all the way back to 2015

4. HardenVolumeOne

actually i dont have an answer, tilman wanted to trade cp3 to cut cost bottomline, he is a cheap owner. He is about cutting corners, he can not afford an nba team. Surrounding harden with average talent is good enough to make the playoffs in the west, thats why tilman felt good offering harden a 2 year 103 million dollar contract because he knew he would get his moneys worth.

5. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I think they felt like they HAD to put a Net on there and I'm sure many of the All-NBA guys will think like this.

So I wouldn't be that surprised if Harden did make All-NBA because he's clearly been the MVP of that team, not sure why Lowe put Kyrie on there as I agree I would not.

6. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

If it was all about cutting cost why take on Westbrook who was owed even more money. Harden want cp3 gone.

7. wekko368

wekko368 Member

I've already explained it. We were forced to trade Harden for pennies on the dollar. That's why we were so terrible this year.

Why is this so difficult for you to understand?

8. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Man every year in the NFL and MLB people have these conversations on All-NFL teams or golden gloves or whatever.

I was watching a Stros game and they were talking about which Astro might be in the MVP discussion and I think we all know...the Stros, Bregman, Altuve, Correa, those guys in particular...will continue to get snubbed for the rest of their careers for their scandal despite whatever numbers they put up. I think we can all be prepared for that as Astros fans and that it will definitely hurt Altuve's HOF case even though I think most of us Astro fans will think it shouldn't.

This happens in every sport, every fan feels like their guys are being disrespected. I promise it's not a conspiracy. You are right guys have bias though and they vote with those biases.

9. Juxtaposed Jolt

That's precisely @HardenVolumeOne's point, though. The media bias / biases of the people who vote on these things can't be overcome by a player's efficiency and how good he's actually been.

If you're talking about stats and availability and team record, I can understand Curry, Lillard and CP3 being above Harden. Maybe even Beal. But Butler and Kyrie? That's a stretch imo.

Not sure how accurate this is, but Statmuse says the Nets are 19-17 without Harden, this season. Barely above .500. Honestly, they'd probably be below .500 considering KD was out with injury and Kyrie was mercurial for a bit.

Let's say Harden was on the Nets, but was out the whole season. If the Nets had to rush KD back in order to not miss the playoffs and if Kyrie wasn't out many times for 'personal reasons,' I think the Nets would maybe be above .500, but at the risk of KD re-aggravating injuries. I would assume Kyrie would then be even less caring of basketball, since he would have to carry a KD-less, Harden-less Nets team.

They were one game back from being the 1 seed in the East. If all the West and East rosters were healthy all season, I would imagine the Nets running away with the best record in the league.

hakeem94 and HardenVolumeOne like this.
  10. HardenVolumeOne

what other team was gonna potentially give the rockets that same haul. We got way more than the Spurs got for kawhi, what pels got for Davis and what the bulls got for jimmy butler. Tillman could have had Jarrett Allen and caris lavert as well but traded them as a salary dump

11. wekko368

wekko368 Member

Does it matter? How does that change the fact that we traded Harden for pennies on the dollar? Also, Harden had a short list of preferred destinations. Teams weren't going to give up much for him unless they were confident he'd sign an extension.

12. HardenVolumeOne

i love the stros, but that’s false equivalency. The stros were implicated in a cheating scandal that cost people their jobs. And might affect beltrans ability to get in the hall. I’m talking about players who go out and perform at no disadvantages to their peers at an elite level and not be rewarded. It unprecedented in other sports, but it looks like it will happen twice to harden

13. HardenVolumeOne

you keep saying we traded harden for pennies on the dollar and IM TELLING YOU, we got way more than these other teams got for trading their stars. It doesn’t matter where we sent harden. Tilman was not about to start adding salary trying to recover from a pandemic. He proved it by trading Jarrett Allen and caris levert for an expiring oladipo contract. Isn’t Kelly olynk and Dante exam an expiring as well

14. wekko368

wekko368 Member

You realize that both statements can be true, right? We may have gotten a better haul than other teams did for their stars, but we still traded Harden for pennies on the dollar.

And that's why we were the worst team in the league this year.

Do you understand yet?

15. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

Wasn't he leading the league in assist while still averaging 25 a game? Then got traded and single-handedly took the Nets to the top of the East which was basically without KD and Kyrie. Had he played more games, he'd be MVP.

HardenVolumeOne likes this.
  16. wekko368

wekko368 Member

Doesn't change the fact that he was a cancer for us this year. I'm curious why you think voters should ignore this.

hakeem94 likes this.
  17. J.R.

J.R. Member

1st
    G: Chris Paul—Stephen Curry
    F: Giannis Antetokounmpo—Luka Doncic
    C: Nikola Jokic

2nd
    G: Damian Lillard—Bradley Beal
    F: Julius Randle—Kawhi Leonard
    C: Joel Embiid

3rd
    G: Kyrie Irving—Trae Young
    F: Zion Williamson—Jimmy Butler
    C: Rudy Gobert

…or something like that? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Sorry,…
    Bam Adebayo
    Paul George
    Devin Booker
    Jayson Tatum
    LeBron James
    James Harden
    Russell Westbrook
    Brandon Ingram
    Donovan Mitchell
    Zach LaVine
    Jrue Holiday
    Khris Middleton
    Jamal Murray
    Nikola Vucevic
    Clint Capela
    DeAndre Ayton
    Draymond Green
    Ben Simmons
    Kevin Durant
    Anthony Davis

72 games: Nikola Jokic
    71 games: Julius Randle, Rudy Gobert
    70 games: Chris Paul, Nikola Vucevic
    69 games: DeAndre Ayton
    68 games: Khris Middleton
    67 games: Devin Booker, Damian Lillard
    66 games: Luka Doncic
    65 games: Russell Westbrook
    64 games: Jayson Tatum, Bam Adebayo
    63 games: Draymond Green, Trae Young, Stephen Curry
    61 games: Giannis Antetokounmpo, Zion Williamson, Brandon Ingram
    60 games: Bradley Beal
    59 games: Jrue Holiday
    58 games: Zach LaVine, Ben Simmons
    54 games: Paul George, Kyrie Irving
    53 games: Donovan Mitchell
    52 games: Kawhi Leonard, Jimmy Butler
    51 games: Joel Embiid
    50 games: Karl Anthony Towns
    48 games: Jamal Murray
    45 games: LeBron James
    44 games: James Harden
    36 games: Anthony Davis
    35 games: Kevin Durant

hakeem94 likes this.
  18. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

It's really not unprecedented man, people get snubbed all the time for awards. I think it is simply him just not playing enough games on a stacked team.

What does the media explicitly have against Harden?

19. HardenVolumeOne

19-17 without harden for the nets is pretty much all the info one who is not biased would need to conclude that this nets team is not close to the 2nd seed without James harden. Zach Lowe is basically rewarding kyrie for hardens impact on the nets record. Also if harden was a “cancer” with the rockets what do you explain kyrie randomly just up and walking away for 2 weeks in January for personal reasons. Or his random episodes of missing games throughout the season for personal reasons

hakeem94 likes this.
  20. HardenVolumeOne

should the voters ignore when kyrie took 2 and half weeks off in January because of personal reasons

hakeem94 likes this.