1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Will James Harden be left off an All-NBA team this year?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by HardenVolumeOne, May 17, 2021.

1. YOLO

YOLO Member

maybe, doesn't matter much to me though this year again off of what i posted previously. And beal shouldn't even be on there. There's nothing impressive about being on a team that's below .500 in the east. awarding losing is a joke

HardenVolumeOne likes this.
  2. lakersuck2

lakersuck2 Member

I agree with you he shouldn't. And Lowe was hesitant to have him on. Simmons doesn't have him on. Micheal Pina from SI doesn't have him on. If I recall correctly KoC doesn't have him either. He's gonna get on because of the stupid ESPN voters who frankly don't deserve to vote anymore anyway. It's like saying Curry should be MVP this year because Westbrook was in 2017. Well the Westbrook MVP was bullshit and shouldn't have happened either. Precedent doesn't matter if it's bad precedent.

3. Reeko

Reeko Member

no, he’s probably not gonna make it because he missed too many games

as for Bron, he and the rest of the NBA don’t live by the same rules, so he might sneak in

JumpMan likes this.
  4. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

Lebron played in 45 games and James Harden played in 44. If Lebron is in, Harden should definitely be in.

lionaire and HardenVolumeOne like this.
  5. wekko368

wekko368 Member

Frankly, Harden's Rocket games should count as negatives against him.

6. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

Yet, he still has better numbers than Lebron and has had a greater impact

HardenVolumeOne likes this.
  7. wekko368

wekko368 Member

He played 36 games for Brooklyn. Do you think that's enough to warrant an all-NBA team selection?

8. HardenVolumeOne

harden averaged 25/10/5 for the rockets and was traded to the nets. Thats included in his season where he averaged 24/10/8 for the nets.. harden played 44 games and lebron played 45. whats the problem. If harden is not there then lebron shouldnt be there either. But if lebron is there, then harden should be there too.

9. wekko368

wekko368 Member

This season, Harden was universally considered a cancer for the Rockets. If you want to include his 8 Rocket games in his all-NBA consideration, then he definitely doesn't deserve it.

10. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

That sucks for Harden, but...

[​IMG]

11. HardenVolumeOne

harden was considered a “cancer” for the rockets REALLY after only 8 games. What about the other 65 plus games they played without James harden. Surely the rockets started winning games without the “cancer”

this is just more damage controlling by the nba media who wants to pull curry closer to harden in career achievements. Harden was top 10 in real plus minus in 2016 and led all 2 guards in win shares per 48, bpm and vorp and didn’t make a single all nba team. Look at beals advanced metrics this year and I just smh, this was intentional because everyone in the media who votes on awards hates harden. Harden is screwed in the playoffs every year by garbage refs and is called a choker when he can’t win in impossible circumstances.

12. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

The guys on the Dunc’d on podcast are about the only guys I have heard say with total agreement that Harden should be all nba 2nd team.

Their argument was all NBA, unlike MVP, doesn’t need nearly as much playing time to be rewarded and he was clearly deserving when he played.

Don’t think I have heard anyone else put Harden on one of the teams, BUT I think 100% of the people said it was purely for games missed.

I’m still just sitting here baffled how there are no shortage of all nba and mvp candidates from barely .500 or low level playoff seeded teams this year when a few years back that’s exactly why Harden was left off an all nba team when Howard tanked our season. “A .500 team who is the 8th seed are we really going to reward that?” Well this year it seems like that’s a certainty.

francis 4 prez likes this.
  13. wekko368

wekko368 Member

Yes. He was universally considered a cancer for the Rockets this season.

Were you seriously unaware of this?

14. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

My fault. You're right, 36 for the Nets. Half a season.

I think there's a pretty good argument to be made for not giving Harden any credit for the games he played for Houston this year, as far as end-of-year awards go. One might even dock him for those games, if they wanted to be nasty.

15. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

There is no required number of games for awards that I'm aware of. LeBron played 45 for the Lakers. Harden played 36 for the Nets. That's nine less meaningful games in a shortened season. It's a judgment call what voters do with that information.

16. HardenVolumeOne

so only 8 games out of what 72.. caused the rockets to have the worst record in the league smh. Stop damage controlling and lets address the real problem and that is that the nba media is heavily biased againist harden and has been since the nba players voted againist them and choose harden for mvp not just once but 3 times.

NBA as a pillar of the 4 major sports, gets probably the 2nd most attention behind the nfl. but out of all the 4 they have the worst structure and is run the worst. By the nbas own foolish logic, aaron judge would have won mvp over jose altuve in 2017

17. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Harden time with the Rockets left a bad taste in everybody's mouth, even me who understands why he did it, he did quite on the team, that and the extended injury is why he missed.

Lebron did not have that type of baggage and that makes a difference IMO.

JayGoogle likes this.
  18. HardenVolumeOne

if their no required amount of games that is required then harden would surely be on an all-nba team. He finished top 10 in pretty every category besides overall raptor due to minutes played. He has a better case than both cp3 and definitely beal

19. wekko368

wekko368 Member

Yes......we were forced to trade him for pennies on the dollar.

20. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

This is Zach Lowe not the NBA and the NBA does not pick these teams anyway.

Nobody really cares about all NBA teams historically.