1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tensions over Palestinian evictions in East Jerusalem boil over

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by DaBeard, May 9, 2021.

1. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

durvasa likes this.
  2. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I wonder: How many iron dome missiles does Israel have? Could Hamas be purposely wasting Israel’s stock? Because these rockets are doing nothing else besides being expensive for Israeli budget and Palestinian lives.

3. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

What’s funny is we couldn’t even hit a Chinese rocket booster out of the sky

4. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Idk. It surprises me.

don’t get me wrong. I 100% get the idea of being threatened for your well being influencing behavior. But the appropriate response would seem to be removal of the journalist from first that building and second, assuming Hamas would follow, from the situation entirely.

Many might say some reporting is better than none. But I’d disagree. Now I have no ability to trust ANY journalism coming out of the region for he last few years or more.

indeed it appears increasingly like this was a well known secret that Hamas was operating there and influencing AP journalism in various ways.

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1393600618909081600.html

Granted I need more proof and better sourced evidence but it’s not looking good for independent unbiased journalism.

Roc Paint likes this.
  5. MexAmercnMoose

Anyone else just kind of wish they both blow each other up so the rest of the world can just move on already? /bad joke. They've been fighting forever

6. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Under your preferred scenario, who will report on the devastation felt by the locals during these bombing campaigns?

If your suspicions are correct, that's really too bad, but imperfect reporting is better than no reporting. Not believing anything the news media or local human rights organizations say is really the wrong response. It's better to try to understand the pressures and the biases that can result in their coverage, and interpret what they report in that context, rather than just dismiss their reporting entirely.

7. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

i mean I get what you’re saying... but if true, it’s impossible to know the truth in any way at all. Literally every story that has come out for AP Gaza City then has to be viewed with the context of the fact that they’re potentially lying completely. Again... their AP offices JUST SAID that they had no idea that Hamas was in their building. They’re still saying it.

this is 2021. We have Twitter and social media. Which of course is highly biased and misleading. But at least lots and lots of people - theoretically most people - understand that.

Again... just my personal opinion and surely somewhat related to my naivety on the subject beforehand, but the - POTENTIAL, until fully proven - level of compromise, lies and bias it would show have me questioning AP reporting ... well, everywhere.

8. Roc Paint

I just want Jesus to be able to rest in peace

9. DonatelloLimestone

There seems to be only one solution that works. We need to look around and find what peaceful leadership. ITs time we bring in the worlds most successful diplomat...Putin? no Problem. Queen of england? melts like butter.... CCp/Trump/Saudi...ok maybe we can diversify it a bit but still, most countries this will be better off if we bring these guys to ever negotiations(maybe not major)

[​IMG]

10. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

What a dumb question. Tel Aviv to Gaza is like San Francisco to San Jose.

Roc Paint likes this.
  11. Roc Paint

They seem to just keep getting dumber around here

12. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

This here is what the usual suspects in the D&D are siding with.

13. Roc Paint

You don’t have to tell me twice

14. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

lol

15. Roc Paint

The way I see it the opposition won’t have a chance but to recognize the situation at hand

16. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Let me post a tweet or random video!!! That’ll do it!!

yay intelligence!

maybe we should just post videos of dead Palestinian children too. That’s it, I think people in this thread just like dead children.

#176 LosPollosHermanos, May 16, 2021
    Last edited: May 16, 2021
  17. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

You literally just did it again. If your way of filtering through information is scouring through your Twitter feed we should direct military intelligence and decisions off of it too. The brainchild was in front of us all along. Who knew.

18. Ubiquitin

Supporting Member

It might be fake. As in the video is real but the audio overlay is not from this event.

19. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

No, same type of people in Berlin yesterday, hundreds/thousands of them, chanting same slogans. Saw and heard it with my own eyes and ears. You can find it all on Youtube. Some of you guys really don't know what you are siding with here.

They are all over Europe.

Same guys who commit a high percentage of crimes and who align with Islamist murderers of Charlie Hebdo etc.

20. Ubiquitin

Supporting Member

Awful.