1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Do you trust the Rockets to full on rebuild the right way?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Plowman, May 14, 2021.

?

Do you trust the Rockets to do a full on rebuild the right way?

1. Yes

2. No way. Tilman won't wait.

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. ExTexanNowEastCoast

I wonder how many people saw this and actually believed there were beaches in Arizona?

DreamShook and BamBam like this.
  2. DonatelloLimestone

right now you’re right 100%. We are about youth development, that should also means staff, player development and infrastructure and culture investments. Any sign?

the nba economics show if you tank too much and field too cheap of a team, star rookie contract not included, you lose money. You also may lose if you spend too much, the mediocre middle ground is a scary sweetspot.

so worst is we got for Malcolm brogdon, or some middleton type of player. Good, but not complimentary for a big star to want to come. Others have also said wood and kpj shouldn’t get big money, they will demand 20 plus, the next year kmj and Tate will take a decent penny too. So we could stay on the cusp of “ I’ll spend when a real star comes, don’t worry, I’ll pay tax when jimmy butler nd Lebron finally want to come play for me;) it’s a line to walk. Some pretend like rebuilding is organic and methodical, its not a science.

takes a lot of luck, draft class, lottery more volatile then ever, then evaluating players and personalities and then surrounding them with vets or complimentary players, coaches,a no atmosphere. Lebrons don’t grow on trees. Each year we get a high ceiling Wiggins rj Barrett which can be decent. Even hinkies rebuilds had the misses of noel, mpj and a few others but hit in some decent places.

right now, we’re at the bottom of the barrel. We can only go up..I think. Players with more stability and experience, no one here is asking tilman to spend this summer, just spend on the team infrastructure and culture. Let it all ferment and we’ll be in good shape after another top pick next year. (*this message has been edited for positivity and sunshine for those that find reading objective facts to be a miserable fan and apparently we can’t do anything or aren’t in control so we should shut up listen, joijn a message board to replace the rockets cheerleaders, this is a snowflake approved message)

3. Sanctity

Sanctity Member

If somehow they develop chemistry, that's a solid team. It's mending the injury bug and getting rid of Wall's contract on the next to do list.

18pbr likes this.
  4. dmoneybangbang

LOLOL. Thank for you not posting the anti tilman "not totally objective" biography.... Plenty of other threads to scream at the world.

jiggyfly likes this.
  5. PhiSlammaJamma

Well, they got Step one right. Lose and lose big. Never saw this kind of commitment before. Step two, draft the stud. Step 3, clean the team and let the stud become the alpha through eco-location. Step 4, Add college coach. Step 5, Add another star. Step 6, make playoffs and add coach who can lead men. Step 7, Add role playing mongoose and bats and let the predators loose.

amaru likes this.
  6. jnuge90

jnuge90 Member

Play in team*

7. D-rock

D-rock Member

7th key difference is that Morey valued winning championships over anything else.

What a slanted piece.

This what we should expect from a TF run franchise.

Disastrous mediocrity dressed up with optimism - lipstick on a pig.

8. amaru

amaru Member

LOL yea that list was homer as hell. Morey literally prioritized flexibility and that directly led to landing James Harden. Stone has yet to land a player of this caliber (obviously he just started.)

Nook and D-rock like this.
  9. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I dont think it was slanted. The article/list basically explained why Morey was doing what he was doing and said Stone would have probably done the same thing if he had a super star like James Harden in Place.

I personally think Stone is operating the way Morey would have if he was allowed to tank.

I really think Stone is better at the social game than Morey. I think this will pay dividends in the long run. Morey has a rep for treating people like assets (even though i dont think that to be true). Stone has made the East stronger and parted ways with players amicably and greased the wheels of the NBA elite.

#49 DreamShook, May 15, 2021
    Last edited: May 15, 2021
    Plowman, Corrosion and No Worries like this.
  10. amaru

amaru Member

It’s a bit of a stretch to assume that other star players/agents will care enough about that to join the Rockets

Nook likes this.
  11. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I want to trust them. I really do.

Plowman likes this.
  12. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

No, Tilman is an idiot.

YOLO likes this.
  13. D-rock

D-rock Member

This is why I don't trust Silas.

He is forever pussywhipped by John Wall.

14. Buck Turgidson

Let me know when the ping pong balls fall...

And then let me know again after next season.

Nook, Der Rabbi and jiggyfly like this.
  15. lakersuck2

lakersuck2 Member

It's not completely impossible for us to pull it off. Honestly, if Tilman were just to take a back seat and let the smart people work, it could be ok. As impossible as this sounds, I think he's been humbled a bit. If not that, I think he at least understands now that his direct intervention at every moment might not be the best way to go about business. When the bootlickers say "stop complaining, we're stuck with this just swallow it" my reply is that Tilman becoming the assclown of the NBA and the neo Dolan will hopefully at least get him to realize that there are smarter people in the organization who should be listened to in key situations.

16. caneks

caneks Rookie

no, Tilman may have patience, but I don't think he could find right person in FO to do that.

17. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

This team is in desperate need of veteran defensive mentors. The defense is a mess, thats what will prevent this team from having any consistency. I'd like us to use FA money on veteran locker room guys.

18. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

This.

Ziggy likes this.
  19. caneks

caneks Rookie

Wrong, if this team is going to rebuild and to find young cores, the last thing they need is defense focused coach, which they have. That is why I think this team is using wrong strategy this season. they messed up strategy and approaches, or are lack of vision, and made wrong moves most of the time.

This team don't need to win now, they need development to win in the future.

20. DonatelloLimestone

You dont get it. We don't have any control over the moves, so we must choose to be positive. There are kids on here you know and if you point too many direct quotes, even without commentary, it may ruin there day and for some reason lead them to feel or assume you are miserable for reading a quote.
    Anyways, none of this matters, we have no control, so look at the positive as a fan. Have you considered thinking about stone dressing more casually, like tillman, pushing new boundaries in the new image of success? Have you noticed silas has retained an amazing hairline for someone going through stress?

Wetbrook trade was terrible? We have no control, why be negative, have you considered his merchandise sales regularly top chris Pauls so that helps somebody at least.

Don't like Harden's attitude? Why bother, you have no control, have you considered the grants he's given to young women's educations and career prospects
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

ico4498 and lakersuck2 like this.