1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ShamsBomb: Victor Oladipo season done after undergoing Quad surgery

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by DaBeard, May 12, 2021.

1. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

The Heat made the same mistake then, and they have a top tier front office, maybe one of the best in the league. This reminds me of Cousins, in that he was about to get paid with a super max extension and instead has been signing minimum deals. Oladipo not only declined our 2 year max extension, but he declined a longer max extension from Indiana, the guy declined $113M, ouch.

BamBam likes this.
  2. J.R.

J.R. Member

After a second surgery in 28 months to repair his right quadriceps tendon, Miami Heat guard Victor Oladipo could be cleared to return to full-contact basketball as soon as November, orthopedic surgeon Dr. Jonathan Glashow told ESPN.

Glashow performed the procedure on May 13, and he expressed surprise that Oladipo had even been able to play NBA basketball with the previous state of his tendon. Glashow did not perform the January 2019 procedure on Oladipo.

"I repaired the quad tendon and did it a little differently than [he had] it done before," Glashow told ESPN. "The quad wasn't really hooked up. It was torn, and I reattached it. I was amazed he was playing with what he had. I'm very optimistic that I could clear him in six months, by November. I think he's going to play really well again.

"[The surgery] went extremely well, and it's healing beautifully. I'm confident he'll play next year."

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/31489484/miami-heat-victor-oladipo-cleared-full-contact-basketball-november-doctor-says

3. TimDuncanDonaut

Bam is a monster, but for the series against the bucks, having another body like Olynyk off the bench could have been good.

As far as Dipo, I guess speedy recovery. That said, time will tell, if it was a good decision to refuse HOU's extension and not end up like DeMarcus.