1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Oladipo to Miami

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ashleyem, Mar 25, 2021.

1. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

Most players are conditioned to bet on themselves. Doesn’t make him an idiotic.

2. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

3. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I don't know man, that leg injury that Dipo has definitely seems like it's going to plague the rest of his career. What's even the rehab time for that type of injury? It's not ruptured, so I'm really wondering how long it will be.

amaru, REEKO_HTOWN and malakas like this.
  4. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

This was the main guy we got for Harden...

amaru, chadyang and saleem like this.
  5. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

...the other main guy people wanted us to get for Harden(Dinwiddie) is also hurt....should have just grabbed Dinwiddie and Allen and left Dipo to sulk in Indy.

REEKO_HTOWN and saleem like this.
  6. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

It was pretty obvious he was done to me. I remember when the trade happened some people argued that he'd explode in Miami but I don't see it.

Dude really was here dribbling the ball off his foot and **** on the regular, he's done as far as ever being an all-star guard again.

I mean this isn't a D.Rose type of situation where Rose was an elite top 10 kind of player who had injuries and is now a nice rotational guard to have...Oladipo was never an amazing player, a nice fringe all-star player so now his drop is gonna be heavy if he can't rely on his speed and acceleration he can't get past guys and his shooting always been suspect and he's bad at creating offense for others sooooooooooo.....

I don't blame the man on betting on himself, he made it to the NBA being confident, but yeah he's gonna regret turning down those offers.

amaru, saleem, charlieaustin and 2 others like this.
  7. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

I truly shave no idea what injury factor this is - will the surgery heal it, make it worse from an athletic perspective, or leave him fine (with minor use v full NBA sked).

ElPigto likes this.
  8. Sooty

Sooty Contributing Member

But we can trade Brooklyn's 1st for Miami's 1st.

Next year we get two of the most favorable picks out of ours, Miami's and Brooklyn's.

9. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

How about a sign and trade for Oladipo? Give Oladipo a one year $40M, while Miami can take John Wall off our hands, and we give them their pick back.

One can dream.

10. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

We could have just kept Levert who is doing pretty well in Indy

Mr.Scary likes this.
  11. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Watching Dipo play was painful to watch. even when he was "healthy" it looked like he was playing on one leg. It looked strange.

12. Reeko

Reeko Member

bet on himself, and it ended up being a fail

should’ve taken the 2/50 extension from Indy or Houston...reminds me of when Boogie turned down 2/40 from New Orleans, and he still hasn’t come close to recouping that years later

tinman, amaru and malakas like this.
  13. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

JayGoogle and RudyTBag like this.
  14. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Kelly Bird >>> Caris LeNoVert

Corrosion, REEKO_HTOWN and saleem like this.
  15. CXbby

CXbby Member

Career over. Can’t believe we got Olynyk and a swap. Stone continues to impress.

16. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

The main guy(s) we got for Harden was our own next two draft picks. That's the best asset you get when you trade away your stars and tank. Yes there are other picks and we have some young talent that came subsequently, but the primary asset is the chance to draft the next Embiid or Zion.

I took the Oladipo angle of the trade as a professional courtesy to John Wall, Boogie, EG, and PJ at the time to give them a player that gives that team a chance to play for the playoffs this year. That didn't work out because of Wall, Wood, and EG's injuries so the rest is history. Had everyone stayed healthy after the Harden trade and Dipo stayed healthy then that aspect of the trade could have had high short term value, and good value to the culture of winning consistently.

I don't mind what Stone did with Oladipo, and I'm sure as hell glad we got Olynyk and the swap for him at the deadline which now in retrospect looks like one of the best trades at the deadline when it was panned (by me even too) at the time as one of the worst.

17. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

RaFell - you magnificent b*stard!!!!

REEKO_HTOWN likes this.
  18. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

That would make too much sense.

19. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

imagine getting Caris then realizing he had cancer.
    imagine signing Dipo and realizing his career is over

all kinds of potential meltdowns and the Rockets still have more potential meltdowns in the future.